Remove stat loss from reds. No really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weland

Grandmaster
If you dont allow reds in factions, enemies will join your faction to fuck up your base guards etc...

EQMS plays faction PKs because we want to be able to fight and kill everyone we see.... we want as much PVP as possible.

All we know is war.

Then there is no divide o_O just a cluster of death

Messremb

Grandmaster
I like what the OP is getting at, but, he is missing the point of zergs. They don't do it to avoid statloss, they do it cause they want to win but don't have the dedication or skill to do it in their own. So they group up in zergs were they can win with little to no skill. that's why guilds like eqms even exist, but they have huge turnover as many players get bored of being nothing more than FS turrets. The best thing to do about that is just let them burn themselves out. giving them attention just makes them last longer.

Also just ignore wrek, he is a pompous ass and everyone knows it, even the staff.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
EQMS has been going strong for 8 years now... your only hope of us leaving this server and ending our trail of pain and death is if Darkfall 2 comes out.

Brakrak

Adept
What's interesting is that this list doesn't say you're a Murderer, as it does for many of the other names..

Right now I'd say the evidence is against you. Your own evidence, mind you.
I have no opinion one way or the other about the op...Every Red highlighted name on the list from Chesapeake shard is accurate....Alice Cooper and JD were the originals....so can only assume his name being red on GL is legit

There are people playing here who can vouch for me, but they will just be accused of being an 'alt' of mine. And their accomplishments don't need to be stepped on, by some dude who "doesn't remember them". I remember them, and they were kickass! It don't matter though, many of us played OSI in some capacity and even those who didn't still deserve a listen if their idea is solid and not based in fear.

I just want to see pvp and UO thrive, and I feel the current trend is stifling it. Massive ganks to counter massive ganks is not a solution, it's the death of a shard IMO. The heart and soul of a healthy server is small scale skirmishes of reds vs blues. Factions are for the guys who have to have non-stop pvp 24/7 like its a drug. There is a lot of that mindset here and they're already in factions, so this won't change much for them. At least that's how I've always viewed it. Reds were a different breed IMO. A lot of reds had unique templates that would suffer horribly in factions, but they work for the solo hunter.

Massive ganks vs. Massive ganks = 15 v 15 battles = most fun PVP there is.
That's true in certain games like Darkfall where everyone is in a clan. The focus was on clan battles because you could conquer player cities. In UO the focus is on the individual more than the clan, and it creates the problems I've spoken of. How many solo guys does your group kill a night while looking for a group battle? How many of those solo guys would have given you an exhilarating fight that you would remember for a long time if you didn't have 6 guys with you?

UO is a different beast. It's a pvp quality game vs pvp quantity.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
So you think the focus of an Massively Multiplayer Game like Ultima Online is the solo experience? The whole idea is that UO lets you do what you want... if you choose to go solo, prepare for an EXTREMELY arduous road. Thats why guilds formed, because UO is easier(and arguably more fun) playing with others.

People can choose to do whatever they want, but if you choose the hard road of rolling solo, dont come here and complain about getting shit on by those who chose to work together as a team.

That's true in certain games like Darkfall where everyone is in a clan. The focus was on clan battles because you could conquer player cities. In UO the focus is on the individual more than the clan, and it creates the problems I've spoken of. How many solo guys does your group kill a night while looking for a group battle? How many of those solo guys would have given you an exhilarating fight that you would remember for a long time if you didn't have 6 guys with you?

UO is a different beast. It's a pvp quality game vs pvp quantity.

Dayyyym people will spout any nonsense they can think of to get someone to see their side.. How much better would that fight be if it was 6 guys grouped up to fight those 6 pks? Even more exhilarating then a 1v1 id venture.

Long story short, people are mad EQMS has more friends. If you wanna fight EQMS, make more friends. Start an alliance. Be vigilant about calling out reds in alliance chat. DONT ask for nerfs on the forums.

This has nothing to do with EQMS.

What I'm proposing is far from a nerf. The factioners experience remains almost unchanged. Like group battles? Thats what factions were designed for. Yet I keep hearing that factions are dead or dying. Why is that if such large clans crave group battle so much?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Except that to faction, we would be forced to play blues which would mean that we could only fight other factioners and only other factioners could fight us which would reduce the amount of PVP in the no cut zone by about 75%.

Bottom line: if you are tired of getting ganked or shit turning into a gankfest, group up. If you dont want to group up because you prefer playing solo, then deal with how fucking hard it is to solo in UO.

Except that to faction, we would be forced to play blues which would mean that we could only fight other factioners and only other factioners could fight us which would reduce the amount of PVP in the no cut zone by about 75%.

Bottom line: if you are tired of getting ganked or shit turning into a gankfest, group up. If you dont want to group up because you prefer playing solo, then deal with how fucking hard it is to solo in UO.
Oh stop. This isn't about being ganked. Your rhetoric is tired. If you're not going to read the entire thread I'm not wasting my time with you.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Whats this about then? This is about trying to have staff intervene and change rules because you refuse to group up with others and get shit on because of it?

Every player driven "problem" has a player driven "solution"

hubcap

Grandmaster
how bout this?

you and your clowns realize this UO world doesnt revolve around you and your clan.
We get you want more PvP.
Some people dont. So we screw them to cater to you?

The only reason this would upset a PKer is it takes away the easy gank/grief kills for points.
Which, alas, most people that play look down upon. (GOOD, skilled reds included.)

Maybe you should drop the ganking newbies and try some real challenges against real PKs that actually have an interest in playing PK templates?
This idea with factions should be the cats meow to you. I .....wonder........why you are so against it? And why you are for turning every facet of UO into PvP?

All the honorable, real challenges should be welcome to such a great PK player like yourself, no?

FrogX

Expert
EQMS has been going strong for 8 years now... your only hope of us leaving this server and ending our trail of pain and death is if Darkfall 2 comes out.

Darkfall 2 has been out for years, it's called Unholy Wars and it's a steaming pile of shit compared to the original

Status
Not open for further replies.