Remove this ridiculous new mob AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
100k is trivial yes. Thats what..2 hours of work? Also, how often do 'eqms' reds really die in dungeons and on land - when they are running 10+ deep , with voice coms , 2 full parties of noobs who are all precasted with flamestrike scrolls and a finger ready on the closest target hotkey?

Once again I ask...when isn the last time you got Flamestrike railed? Black Pearl and Nightshade is much cheaper for ebolts than making/buying FS scrolls.

Keep up the broken argument. Broken record just like $ower. LAWL

weezdiggity

Neophyte
I think this is a great fix! This is a great fix because in my opinion maybe now everyone doesn't have to join EQMS just to make a honest living doing some pvm farming!

Before any of you EQMS "vets" respond I'd like to say, yes it is pretty damn pathetic that you charge players a fee to join your guild to keep them "safe". I glad people mentioned this fix being great for champs spawns because yes that is exactly what is happening at champ spawns. You have reds come in at the final boss to wipe out the party that did all of the work. For all of you who play reds that are crying about this fix I have 4 words for you: Join a fucking faction. You get no respect from any players here who are simply trying to do champs or even a little bit of farming when you have to roll 5+ deep cause you have shitty pvp skills and all you can do is grief players.

girana

Grandmaster
I think this is a great fix! This is a great fix because in my opinion maybe now everyone doesn't have to join EQMS just to make a honest living doing some pvm farming!

Before any of you EQMS "vets" respond I'd like to say, yes it is pretty damn pathetic that you charge players a fee to join your guild to keep them "safe". I glad people mentioned this fix being great for champs spawns because yes that is exactly what is happening at champ spawns. You have reds come in at the final boss to wipe out the party that did all of the work. For all of you who play reds that are crying about this fix I have 4 words for you: Join a fucking faction. You get no respect from any players here who are simply trying to do champs or even a little bit of farming when you have to roll 5+ deep cause you have shitty pvp skills and all you can do is grief players.

RISK vs REWARD

It was tough reading some of these responses. Some of them are so bad that deep down I'd like to think these bad players are trolling, but they're actually serious to my complete dismay.

Now before you all start crying for your 'safe room', know that I too despise what EQMS do (recruit, zerg and target closest spell), BUT this is a very bad change.

Now my lemmings, I can understand when you die, it makes you mad since the majority of you are used to having your hands held, but this is UO. Let's try and keep away from trammel as much as we can.

I can say with near certainty that 95% of the players "FOR" this change are the same ones who can't defend themselves vs a solo pk, let alone a EQMS pack of pussies with target closest spell at the ready. What this change does, is actually encourage zerg behaviour, so instead of seeing those solo players give you grey screens, you're going to see 2 to 10.

Secondly, and this kind of goes back into my first point, is that if you can't defend yourself vs one pk, it isn't your template problem (i.e pvm build) or an "overpowered red", but rather your lack of skill, knowledge of UO and preparation in order to survive.

For example, I frequently pvm, infact I do it more than frequently and only do it solo. I honestly see next to no reds, and when I do, unless it's basically EQMS zerging the shit out of me with 1 button spell closest, a werkt gank (formula being, werkt reds numbers = (EQMS - 4)) or the COM pussies turning into 4 cause they hate death, I wil 99% never die on my tamer, who happens to be built for PVM - i.e no wrestle etc. I also actually kill reds who dare take me on, sometimes as high as 3-4v1. I will also almost never statloss any (unless it's known disruptors of UOF, i.e before mentioned pussies). Now, how you may ask? I COME PREPARED. I have armour, I use potions, I have trap pouches, I use my strengths (all guard me/positioning), I heal, I cast fields and I understand the game mechanics (even without using sallos 1 button drops lol). Some of you are so bad at this game that you actually make skala look good.

WHAT I DONT DO IS CRY FOR SHITTY CHANGES.

*now go back to your safe room*

Josh D

Grandmaster
Yeah, I'm in EQMS and I agree with baseball dad. This really only hurts solo pks without defensive talisman.

Zerging on reds has its benefit to the community....in a unique kind-of way. We may run 50 deep as some say, but if EQMS didn't exist then the same PvP/Pks would be going at it solo or in smaller groups, thus covering more areas and making them unavailable to the PvMers.

Yes you are totally screwed if we run in on you, but you're screwed either way if you don't know how to defend yourself and venture out with the bare minimum to PvM with and a solo pk shows up.

Xiulan

Master
It wouldn't encourage zerg behavior if they tried my suggestion of escalated mob aggression based on number of reds in the vicinity. It would actually offer a penalty to zerg behavior (thus improving things like champs) while letting solo pks more or less keep doing their thing.

girana

Grandmaster
@eppy this thread need be locked from this point you will on see tears and more tears.

End of Story:
The ai change got removed because it was stupid.

The 'head buyback' for reds...is a huge disincentive with making a lot of people not care to group up , find and kill reds...if the reds can just buy back their heads....aka because of "red trammel".
trammel: Restrictions or impediments to freedom of action

This is what trammel means and why Felucca's counterpart got its name. Let's try to use words correctly, shall we? A red not going into stat loss after dying -- regardless of how or why -- has absolutely nothing to do with trammel.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
trammel: Restrictions or impediments to freedom of action

This is what trammel means and why Felucca's counterpart got its name. Let's try to use words correctly, shall we? A red not going into stat loss after dying -- regardless of how or why -- has absolutely nothing to do with trammel.
Yes, i know your in EQMS and hated this change.

eppy

Grandmaster
@eppy this thread need be locked from this point you will on see tears and more tears.

End of Story:
The ai change got removed because it was stupid.
I didn't remove it. I just added a setting so I can toggle it when I please without rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.