[Request] Information on common tricks/scams to avoid as a new player

Kumo

I've been playing for less than a week now, (never touched this game before then) but I have been trying to learn as much as I can. I recently learned the hard way that you cannot loot an NPC corpse that someone not in a party with you has killed.

I was training at the Graveyard north of Britain when a random guy started following me around spamming "join my guild" -

I didn't want trouble or anything so I politely declined and stated I was just trying to learn the combat system. He began killing the other mobs near me, then proceeded to tell me I could loot those corpses. After thanking him for his kindness, I began looting as instructed.

Out of nowhere the guy starts attacking me, and shortly after 2 of his friends joined in and hurt my health bars feelings rather quickly. My fault really, for not knowing that was a common game mechanic.

So my question is this : Are there other tricks or scams a noob like myself can look out for without having to learn the hard way?

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

A'zah

Apprentice
if i was you i would visit the wiki here http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index/ and read as much as you can. Also just browsing through the forums should help you a little. Being that you have never even played the game, there are soooooo many things to try to explain to you that really can only be learned through personal experience to be honest. However the information is out there if you would rather do the research before you play.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I've been playing for less than a week now, (never touched this game before then) but I have been trying to learn as much as I can. I recently learned the hard way that you cannot loot an NPC corpse that someone not in a party with you has killed.

I was training at the Graveyard north of Britain when a random guy started following me around spamming "join my guild" -

I didn't want trouble or anything so I politely declined and stated I was just trying to learn the combat system. He began killing the other mobs near me, then proceeded to tell me I could loot those corpses. After thanking him for his kindness, I began looting as instructed.

Out of nowhere the guy starts attacking me, and shortly after 2 of his friends joined in and hurt my health bars feelings rather quickly. My fault really, for not knowing that was a common game mechanic.

So my question is this : Are there other tricks or scams a noob like myself can look out for without having to learn the hard way?

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Even as young you can get pked inside someones house. If someone offers to sell ethy make sure its an ethy and not a real version hidden off screen like a riddable lamma. Trade at docks.

Kumo

Even as young you can get pked inside someones house. If someone offers to sell ethy make sure its an ethy and not a real version hidden off screen like a riddable lamma. Trade at docks.

Is trading at docks safer? I read somewhere that you want to sell your ingots at the docks too but I couldn't figure out why.

halygon

Grandmaster
Is trading at docks safer? I read somewhere that you want to sell your ingots at the docks too but I couldn't figure out why.
Absolutely. Never trade anything outside of the docks unless you know the other player. Stealing is not allowed in that zone.

Kraden

Grandmaster

Yeah what Haly said no stealing no skills at all actually i dont think can be used at the docks unless you are in a duel pit also not sure if commdity deeds are blessed if they are then just keep them in the main backpack and youll be fine but i dont think they are

Kumo

Yeah what Haly said no stealing no skills at all actually i dont think can be used at the docks unless you are in a duel pit also not sure if commdity deeds are blessed if they are then just keep them in the main backpack and youll be fine but i dont think they are

Blessed means you cannot lose them on death? Or that they cannot be stolen?

Kraden

Grandmaster
Blessed means you cannot lose them on death? Or that they cannot be stolen?

Blessed items cannot be stolen and will remain in the MAIN back pack upon death when ressurected. They can however be stolen if placed inside a BAG within you main backpack. NEVER do that or I will find you and steal it lol. Also if they are in a container inside your main backpack, and you die, that container falls with your corpse, along with its contents.

On that note Newbied items are items that you beging with upon character creation. Those are Blessed, but do not say [Blessed], hence referred to as Newbied, but the same rules apply.

Kraden

Grandmaster
What's the best way not to get scam when Trading or buying a house?

Check are blessed here so its hard to scam selling a house when they do it it should pop up and say someone is trying to transfer ownership of a house to you and in the trade window there is a dark blue scroll symbolizing the house

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Check are blessed here so its hard to scam selling a house when they do it it should pop up and say someone is trying to transfer ownership of a house to you and in the trade window there is a dark blue scroll symbolizing the house

I remember back on OSI that house deeds looked exactly like a blank scroll or deed. Must have sold the same villa like 8 times before I was finally warned by staff. Good times lol.