Resisting Spells

Scopeye

Neophyte
Hi.
How exactly Resisting spells work in this server? Which spells does it affect and how?

I ask this because Resisting spells very rarely worked in any of the servers I have been to before but it always takes so long to gm. I don't want to waste time if it is not working in this server as well.

Thanks

mynameis

Adept
I don't fully understand it but it works. Sucks not having it.. Try having 0 and having low end shadows fight you in a graveyard. Then buy 50 skill from and NPC and try again.

Snakebite

I know the way it used to work on OSI servers; not certain if anything significant has changed here.

Your chance to resist should be the greater of:

Your 'Resisting Spells' ability*, divided by 5

or

Your 'Resisting Spells' ability, less ((M-20)/5) + (sc*5), where M is your opponent's 'Magery' ability and sc is the circle of spell they're casting.

So if you have 50 MR and you're facing off against a GM mage casting explosion, you'll have a 10% chance to resist; if you have 100 MR against the same opponent, you'll have a 54% chance to resist. Note that resisting a damage spell results in a 50% reduction to its base damage; spell damage is also modified by comparing your resist to your opponent's eval int, whether you successfully resist a spell or not. I can't recall the formula offhand, but I'll see if I can dig it up.

If you are considering resist for a PvP character it is a must!

PvM you can get away with not having it, just make sure you have other skills to cover the lack of resist such as peace / provo / discordance and so on.

zekameka

Apprentice
If you are considering resist for a PvP character it is a must!

PvM you can get away with not having it, just make sure you have other skills to cover the lack of resist such as peace / provo / discordance and so on.
yeah but some monsters anyway hit too hard with magic, so ill try resist for pvm

Medais

Novice
Does anything else affect resisting spells? For example; eval, med, intel, magery? Or is GM resist all you need to benefit?