Revamped Cooperative Collections (goldsink)

Xonryz

Apprentice
Community Collections are a pretty good idea in my opinion. Sort of an ongoing "Clean up Britannia" in a sense.

UO Guide Link on them, note there are three sub-articles.

what they are tl;dr
Everyone may donate items and money to museum-esque attractions in exchange for points, redeemable for special items. The more points amassed, the bigger the attraction becomes. More animals in the zoo, more artifacts in the display cases, etc. The latter is a minor part IMO, they're mostly about shiny items.

These would be a terrific gold/resource sink, if retooled properly. The cheapest rewards (by default) are 100,000 points, which translates to 1.5 million gold, and they only go up in price from there. The reason I must stress retooling it, however, is that non-gold items (including things you can get from vendors) are worth considerably more points than gold by itself, to the point where with some (surprisingly minimal) effort that 100,000 point item may only cost you 300k gold.

Cooperative Collections would be a good opportunity to reintroduce some items at a highly inflated cost, albeit with the [Replica] tag added.

Naturally almost everything rewarded would have to be changed, as the expensive rewards are very AoS+ centric by default. BUT it is an interesting system to consider if you're looking to get a lot of excess gold out of the game!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
one thing to keep in mind is that with all of the suggestions combined for gold sinks, if you added them all into the game then there'd just be no gold left. No reason to buy anything from other players since all the best things u can get are a part of some absurd ''delete all gold on the server'' deal.

one other thing, is that, i couldn't understand what the fuck you're trying to even suggest, since i didn't follow your link. could you please go back and edit your post, to say at least a little bit about what the hell ''revamped cooperative collections'' is and why the fuck anyone should care?

im not going to throw in some nerdy ''that said'' shit into this post either, so if you were waiting for it then i have pity for you. shards only 10 months and 4 days old ''bro''

just incase your 9 posts is actually a good indication that you are, in fact, brand new to this server, i will say this: bite me. Thanks for fitting 10 syllables into 3 words in your title, at 4am after farming all night smoking weed i really appreciated it. alot.

:D jk fella
i didnt even read your post.

Lion31

Neophyte
Wreck these are somethign from OSI

The easiest way to describe it is with the moonglow zoo, it starts with the cages empty with a zoo collector at the gate, you donate gold/tamables for (not many) points, those points could then be used to buy a shiney item off the zoo keeper (for ALOT of points) and tada you have a shiney! i believe in OSI these were things like armor with title 'I gave shit loads of time and stuff for this shiney LOOK AT ME!!'

Aswell as you getting a shiney the pointts you gather are recorded in a Tier system and after say 1000000 points are gathered one of the cages gets filled, so now you have a shiney and can stare at a pixel animal.

These have been setup a few times on OSI, theres the tamables one as above, blacksmithy one, carp one etc etc so you donate craftables etc

Good thing about these things is the ultra rich can just donate gold to get the shineys, yet the poor can still get the shineys but doing some gaddamn work :D

Xonryz

Apprentice
wreckognize said:
one thing to keep in mind is that with all of the suggestions combined for gold sinks, if you added them all into the game then there'd just be no gold left. No reason to buy anything from other players since all the best things u can get are a part of some absurd ''delete all gold on the server'' deal.
Rewards from the Cooperative Collections would be insanely pricy, but people will contribute to them regardless.

Having this system in place would prevent exorbitant inflation, however, because if inflation and gold ever reaches the point where items go for 10x what they do now, most people would simply throw gold out of the economy than support players, which in turn will cause inflation to decrease.

Let's say hypothetically you could buy an ASoS through this system for 200k. They go for maybe 15-20k right now. If players at some point down the line start to charge 200k, due to demand, other players would just go for convenience and just buy from the NPCs. 200k is a ******** amount to pay for an ASoS, and that's not the type of item that would be available (more likely you could turn them in for points) but it illustrates the example as to how large quantities of gold can actually exit the system continually.

I'm not a dev so I don't know the numbers here but I'd wager that a lot of what exits the system are donation coins, simply because a lot of the gold vendor purchases are permanent or need replacing infrequently - cellars will be good for a while, but at most everyone only needs 2, and I'm sure they'll wait until they have a good house.

So a lot of the gold is trading hands for donation coins, which are generated with real money, and the gold stays in the economy.

This is why there are so many goldsink posts - getting a good goldsink is vital to the server's health. I threw my idea in the ring.

wreckognize said:
i didnt even read your post.
I could tell.

Lion31 said:
Good thing about these things is the ultra rich can just donate gold to get the shineys, yet the poor can still get the shineys but doing some gaddamn work :D
I'd highly recommend severely reducing the gap inbetween those two options.

When you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of points, saving 2g per point is still a pretty big chunk of change and worth some extra effort, but saving 13g per point is ridiculous and would not be as effective as a goldsink.

Edit: I take back what I said about 2g per point - it's better to give people an incentive to chip away any quantity of money a little at a time, as somebody saving up the whole 15 million (for instance) still has that money available to spend in the player economy, and it may never leave. Whittling away 8 million over some time for the same item, and having some people considering it an investment (as they could resell their point value) would be much better for the economy.