Rideable Pack Horse/Llama

bradley-

Grandmaster
Giant blue bug = Lame

Rideable pack horse/llama = Not lame

Just make the rideable pack horses & llamas exactly the same as the giant blue beetle from the stats to the follower slots, throw them in the world as a rare spawn and boom! UOF just got better!

halygon

Grandmaster
Giant blue bug = Lame

Rideable pack horse/llama = Not lame

Just make the rideable pack horses & llamas exactly the same as the giant blue beetle from the stats to the follower slots, throw them in the world as a rare spawn and boom! UOF just got better!
There is one issue really, which is the major one. There are no graphics for someone riding a pack horse or pack llama, these would need to be created and then applied to all players before it would work. I am not sure it would be worth it because we already have a quite functional ridable beetle.

well that would be easy to put in ..( just coding an image ) and i seen server do a animation for every mob in game..( not saying we have to do it now ) . so i know its not hard. and you could easily get everyone to get it using the uof patcher.

i mean use a basic image of a person on a horse.. give that horse a pack ability.. and no need to make a new animation... just use hoses and give them a bag = to packmules..... same for llamas... i mean... i could do it...

Last edited by a moderator:

bradley-

Grandmaster
There is one issue really, which is the major one. There are no graphics for someone riding a pack horse or pack llama, these would need to be created and then applied to all players before it would work. I am not sure it would be worth it because we already have a quite functional ridable beetle.

:(

The Gandin

Grandmaster

But didn't polar bears have to become a thing that's ridable?

halygon

Grandmaster
well that would be easy to put in ..( just coding an image ) and i seen server do a animation for every mob in game..( not saying we have to do it now ) . so i know its not hard. and you could easily get everyone to get it using the uof patcher.

i mean use a basic image of a person on a horse.. give that horse a pack ability.. and no need to make a new animation... just use hoses and give them a bag = to packmules..... same for llamas... i mean... i could do it...
Not impossible of course, but changing and maintaining the standard UO graphics is not something to take lightly when managing a fully populate shard.

eppy

Grandmaster
The real question is why should we make them. At one slot it would be a pretty big change.

be something nifty animal to add to the game :p

maybe increase them to 2 - 3 slots to make up for them being ridable as well...
since they get the buff of being ridden they should require a lil more control :p

TBH
with chrismas around the corner....

im shocked i dont see red/green rideble reindeer i seen the racist white deer

should be a reward for killing Christmas mobs *hint*

imagine those elves getting to ride a reindeer ......

Swayze

Grandmaster
Here you go

929a9ef5ec470e729496ab9b260e7c3f.gif