Rune Books

Mikkeliv

Journeyman
How I make the lock down rune books in goonglow work? I opened it to the location, then hit recall button, nothing :(

Kraden

Grandmaster
1-have magery and the proper regs for Recall. Instead of clicking the blue button flip the the actual page and click the square spell image for recall

2-drop a recall scroll onto the book to add a charge. Click blue button

Kraden

Grandmaster
A charge or zero charges. Not sure actually if you can add chargesto locked down books so that leaves option one

Mikkeliv

Journeyman
Heh.... imagine my surprise. What a difference one itty bitty tile make. I thank both of ya, for your efforts. I back in business :p

halygon

Grandmaster
You must be within 1 tile of the locked down runebook for it to work. I guarantee that's your issue :)
Kiki, you so smart.

There are several items in UO that can be accessed from a distance but cannot be worked. Runebooks are one of these and I think my next most hated object with this issue would be chests when you are just close enough to open but not put something in it (although you can take things out). It always suckers me into grabbing something but not be able to put it back... and always seems to happen when I am hidden. So I have to take one step to be close enough, which in turn reveals me and also closes the chest I want to put the item in... Sometimes I think the UO gods just like screwing with players.