sailing too fast to fish

Devastay

Novice
I've been reading that a good way to gm fishing is sail to one of the server lines or w/e it's called. (won't hit land ever)
then I face my boat north, sail back with "slow backwards" and fish about 4 paces north of me. My boat still travels too fast to complete a fishing cycle. What am I doing wrong?

Woobie

Adept
well what I would do is keep the ship rune in the bank or at your house when you macro fishing and you can have an alt res your character but if you get sunk you get transferred to the nearest isle. But you cannot control the ship when your dead, if you die and have no other alts what you could do is help out or i seek forgiveness

go on a boat, macro fishing target nearest relocate target and left one or right one make sure you are far out in the water away from land

Be careful from pirates or sea serpents popping up only downside if you afk :D

ARGGGG MATEY, I SHALL SEE YOU ON THE HIGH SEAS

Cack

Grandmaster
Man I was hoping for some fast and furious sea edition shit....
Fucking boat drifting, robbing people, fist fights on the plank
Disappointing....so disappointing

Darkarna

Grandmaster
well what I would do is keep the ship rune in the bank or at your house when you macro fishing and you can have an alt res your character but if you get sunk you get transferred to the nearest isle. But you cannot control the ship when your dead, if you die and have no other alts what you could do is help out or i seek forgiveness

go on a boat, macro fishing target nearest relocate target and left one or right one make sure you are far out in the water away from land

Be careful from pirates or sea serpents popping up only downside if you afk :D

ARGGGG MATEY, I SHALL SEE YOU ON THE HIGH SEAS

Your cat tells a story there...

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm this gave me an interesting idea to implement maybe a way to use fishing / trolling (Fishing while boat is moving) for maybe possible larger fish or unique mobs.

oomf

Grandmaster
Hmm this gave me an interesting idea to implement maybe a way to use fishing / trolling (Fishing while boat is moving) for maybe possible larger fish or unique mobs.

Add that brit galleon and sea champ while you're at it!!

Woobie

Adept
hahahahahh that would be interesting for unique mobs to spawn fishing while moving We need something new in the sea ! or maybe like a whirlpool that sucks you in the whirlpool and you are forced to fight mobs in it, or a Ocean dungeon that you can sail through with your boat and kill unique monsters

ARGGGGGG MATEY

hubcap

Grandmaster

been hoping for an IN-game ability to troll.
the forums, obviously, already have this ability.

great way to introduce new items and mobs..