Sallos or Steam must be removed.

drasked

Grandmaster
Is it true with steam or sallos you can double click gold and gems on a corpse and it loots it for you?

Sallos has ". dragtobag"

And "show all names" opens corpses (its kind of buggy tho) which is why i even use it for PVE

Only downside in Sallos is you can't set up a recall macro that uses scroll charges from your runebook (for characters without magery)

Kookie

Master
I do believe this thread has become a promotional tool for uo steam based upon this!

Great job on the covert promotional thread OP!

Or just further evidence to back up what I said. Anyways, Shane gave his response and reasoning for introducing these programs "a ton of people disliked Razor" (clearly for what they could do with these programs to gain advantage vs the other Razor users). Well, I dunno how many Razor users are left out there, but considering how he made Razor the only option for a year+ I'm quite sure there is another "ton" of so that will dislike these other programs, especially when they get more informed on the disadvantage they find themselves at as well as basically telling us to either adapt to these n00b friendly programs or remain at this disadvantage.

The only solution to keep all pleased and on even ground is to remove as much exploiting as possible in his game, not the opposite. He chose Razor as his default client for us for year+ and now he chooses something else because some individuals disliked not being able to be on even ground with the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Well, I dunno how many Razor users are left out there, but considering how he made Razor the only option for a year+ I'm quite sure there is another "ton" of so that will dislike these other programs, especially when they get more informed on the disadvantage they find themselves at as well as basically telling us to either adapt to these n00b friendly programs or remain at this disadvantage.

The only solution to keep all pleased and on even ground is to remove as much exploiting as possible in his game, not the opposite. He chose Razor as his default client for us for year+ and now he chooses something else because some individuals disliked not being able to be on even ground with the rest.
I use Razor and don't plan on changing, but guess what? I also have no problem with Steam or Sallos.
Quit bitching.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Is it true with steam or sallos you can double click gold and gems on a corpse and it loots it for you?

no you have to set a hotkey

what does razor do better than steam/sallos? regarding pvp, im curious

just to name a few;

Hotkeys-spells-miniheal/cureself 5x razor crutch
easy to use macros(can't macro in sallos)
much easier when playing a stealther
can see all the mobs in the game

Young Star

Grandmaster
Steams grid loot system is very nice but like others said it can fuck you over when competing for loot or when non-party members are killing near you. The grid comes up slower then the original corpse box. It can be faster to use a grab item macro to Target loot. You can also go grey when going to click on an item in the grid and a new monster dies next to you, bringing up a second grid over the original right before you click.

You also can't tell if an item is plain or unidentified when you just query it. The description just shows a plain weapon or armor. You have to put it in your bag or identify it before looting. When looting in a hurry there is often times I find out I looted a handful of plain weapons when I go to ID them.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Because that would mean gaining advantage on big portion of this community. Winning by using programs that give me advantage over others is not far from cheating and that would make me feel like a n00b. It would also make the wins feel not so rewarding, knowing it wasn't on even ground.

If you use razor you are already having an advantage over people who used to have to set hot keys in game on OSi in the past coming back to uo for the first time. If you are using skype you have an advantage over people who don't use skype. If you use potions you have an advantage over people who don't. See where I'm going with this? It's up to people to make the choice what they do and what they prefer.If they choose not to use uosteam or sallos that's their choice but calling people who choose to use them doesn't make them cheaters it makes them smarter.

Razor is more user friendly but lacks what uosteam can do
Uosteam is more advanced & faster with a better targeting system but isn't user friendly.
Sallos is more smooth and much more pvp friendly but can't do some of the things Razor & Uosteam can.

Basically it all depends on what you want to do in game, if you bring a knife to a gun fight it was kinda your choice.

Uosteam is like in the middle of sallos and razor for pvp, I don't like razor for pvp but I'm not a fan of sallos either.

Basically for pvp and Idocs I use uosteam
For camping a location,crafting & macroing I use razor
and If I wanted to just do pvp I'd use sallos.

Not saying you are wrong where you are going with this , just saying people have different opinions on the subject, just stating mine. You can't expect people to change their play style to fit yours, everyone has access to uosteam , sallos and razor so it's not an advantage.. An advantage would be having plugins and programs people don't have access to or are illegal on the server.

I will say Uosteam is 100% quicker when it comes to looting idocs, I have never lost an item I wanted, can't really give details away on how I do it because not many people know how it's done but it's 100% legal, ask EQMS about the rare Dragonhead I got at the idoc where they showed up with 20 eqms and I got the trophy before they did all surrounding me and that's all they wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I've tried Steam and Sallos and I prefer Razor over both.

Sallos is really limited in terms of macros and Steam was too confusing for me to figure out how to do things easily. I'm sure I could learn, but for me Razor is much more intuitive and I've used it forever so I'm already familiar with it and all the options. I think I must be the only one who prefers the normal walking/running animations to the gliding/hovering look of Sallos smooth walk. I also think I'm the only one who doesn't use a tree hack.

Sallos does have its advantages though - the sticky health bars that don't disappear when you have too many on a screen, backpacks staying open when you snoop someone and they walk away, and yes I use the Razor mini heal/cure self in duels, I guess its a crutch but I've always used it, but Sallos has a one button drink cure/drink heal option which is basically the same thing but for field pvp. Some newb also told me he has his play 3 beeps in a rhythmic sequence when you get ebolted and you know to hit heal when you hear the third beep. Unbelievable the shit some people need in order to get an advantage, but you know what, I don't have a problem keeping up in pvp with Razor. I'm not one of the best on the server, probably not even close, but I'm totally comfortable and confident in my ability to do well in pvp whether its duels, field fights, or surviving a gank. I feel like anyone who really thinks that the ONLY thing holding them back from being even a moderately good pvper is because they don't use the 'good' client is deluding themselves and needs to brush up on their skills.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
If you use razor you are already having an advantage over people who used to have to set hot keys in game on OSi in the past coming back to uo for the first time. If you are using skype you have an advantage over people who don't use skype. If you use potions you have an advantage over people who don't. See where I'm going with this? It's up to people to make the choice what they do and what they prefer not play on even playing fields it's kinda their fault. Plus everything has their draw back..

Razor is more user friendly back lacks what uosteam can do
Uosteam is more advanced but isn't as user friendly
Sallos is more smooth but can't some of the things Razor & uosteam can do.

Basically it all depends on what you want to do in game, if you bring a knife to a gun fight it was kinda your choice.

Uosteam is like in the middle of sallos and razor for pvp, I don't like razor for pvp but I'm not a fan of sallos either.

Basically for pvp and Idocs I use uosteam
For camping a location and crafting I use razor
and If I wanted to just do pvp I'd use sallos.

Not saying you are wrong where you are going with this , just saying people have different opinions on the subject, just stating mine.

I will say Uosteam is 100% quicker when it comes to looting idocs, I have never lost an item I wanted, can't really give details away on how I do it because not many people know how but it's 100% legal, ask EQMS about the rare Dragonhead to got at the idoc where they showed up with 20 eqms and I got the trophy before they did all surrounding me and that's all they wanted.

Is it a bummer that you can't see 90% of the replies because you have so many people on ignore?

Alucard

Grandmaster
from today! we no longer use foreign programs!
support only internal Razor software
hurray comrades!
1412063308934_wps_1_North_Korean_leader_Kim_J.jpg

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
here here i agreeish, razor vs salos sucks for pvp.... also cant run salos when i wanna pvp so theres that, but either way here here. i would agree on everyone same plat for same game, but i understand why management allows other options

Peav

Grandmaster
If you play dexxer monkeys like flube or heli razor is fine since you only rightclick and throw pots. however if you're as superior as i am you need the super nice graphic effects in sallos for lightning/meteor to pvp. feelsgoodman.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
Because that would mean gaining advantage on big portion of this community. Winning by using programs that give me advantage over others is not far from cheating and that would make me feel like a n00b. It would also make the wins feel not so rewarding, knowing it wasn't on even ground.

Theres no advantage to not being able to see half the map/mobs w sallos.

Just sayin

And I use all 3 clients.

Razor - pve
Steam - theif
sallos - pvp