Second Day, 5 ingenious, and some toys for tots.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Well aside from the T-map I was doing during the restarts/gifting segment of the day.. I did alright. No taming scrolls unfortunately :(
32k worth of skill scrolls.
28 Reg bags from slayer/ancient wyrms
215k in gold
25ish vanqs, 8 with +20/+25
13 power, 3 with +20/+25
2 good super slayers, 1 might 1 force both with accuracy
Didn't keep track of gems/armor.

Thunter died 6 times.
Archer died 2 times.
7 of the deaths occurred during the restarts.
1 was just a double ancient wyrm/slayer spawn. poor thunter got eaten immediately.

After I finished the maps I tried very hard to find a new player to suit out, as I am no longer running a vendor, The Gear is overflowing my chests.
I went to brit to see if anyone wanted the reg bags, or vanq axes * i had 3 +25 2handed vanq axes. I Figured someone would want.
Ended up finding a fella who wanted the regs.
In the end i was pretty disappointed. I like hooking people up, always have. But i like a nice humble recipient .
This guy pushed me a little past my comfort so i just finished up and gated him back to town/unfriend him.
What I gave him:
20 reg bags
10 vanq swords
Free pickings of my fortification armor chests
few gm instruments
2 gold paragon chests
3 vanq xbows
320 platinum coins
and a 5th-8th level spells for his spellbook

What he additionally took that i know of
2 white paragon chests.
10 dped copper runic katanas (which i saw when i was transferred the bag of swords to his other guy)
Unknown amount of potions (that he lost when he tried to put them on the ground to swap to another toon)
unknown amount of gm instruments (which he attempted to give back to me cause his bank was full)
All of these were in my pvp restocking crates available to any friends of my house.
I don't really care that he took any of it. I just prefer when i'm helping someone they ask or mention it then sneak it by.

What he asked for that i turned down
Ethy mount (he had 1, wanted one for his second toon)
1-4th circle spells (just told him to buy them with the gold i gave him so i didnt have to make them)
Regular bows (i dont give out my normal bows!)
4k arrows/bolts.. ( i dunno where the 4k came from but i was already done with him by that point)
Rune to my courtyard ( i got family that dont have a rune to the courtyard.)
G explosion pots ( i was out, or id have given them, one of the first things he asked for.

After all that nonsense i took him back to brit where a couple thieves were lurking around me. I didn't have anything of value on me. Just a +25 power bow that i had been using on those tmaps, and a dragon slaying bow i meant to give the previously mentioned guy, before i got annoyed.
So when one of them ran up poisoned begging for a cure i knew what was going on. They wanted the bow. I cured him with a band aid and then he immediate started asking me to cast spells. I reckon the guy thought he was slick... with the "i know im not wearing anything of value, and im at the brit west bank asking you to drop that +25 power bow, but i really just wanna see if you can cast a spell i promise"
So after a 5 minute conversation i figured shit the day must be slow, or he must need a bow, so i dropped the bow in the bag and let him take it.

That was my Monday. Pretty nice day on the game. Didn't see any pks, Didn't lose anything on my deaths. Still kept the lord title after all the deaths.

B

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Well written as always. Had a good chuckle at the newbie you were helping who already had an ethy and wanted another. I have been playing just over a year and finally broke down and bought my first ethy like three weeks ago. If you're ever heading out in the evening and need a Provo tamer for company send me a pm. I'd enjoy doing a run with ya.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Well written as always. Had a good chuckle at the newbie you were helping who already had an ethy and wanted another. I have been playing just over a year and finally broke down and bought my first ethy like three weeks ago. If you're ever heading out in the evening and need a Provo tamer for company send me a pm. I'd enjoy doing a run with ya.
I Genuinely enjoy helping people. But i got no interest in buying houses, ethies, clothing bless deeds or anything else. I like to find someone who used to play back in the day, just started on UOF and gear him up so he can jump start into the farm game and be able to last longer then 2 seconds against a skilled pk. I fail more then i succeed.
I try to always be in irc when i play
Names doobey. I always love company.

wolf2121

Neophyte
Hey man great story's I'm new to the server and have made a bars archer and wanted to make a t-hunter what do you think it cost to macro ones up and what's the best build?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Bards are cheap, my thunter is carto, lp, evalint, magery, med, provo, music
and my main is archery, tactics, music, provo, healing, anatomy, hiding

Carto is cheap, you only have to get to 75 to decode all maps. prolly like 2-3k
LP is cheap you get the tinkered lockboxes and go to 95, which is high enough for all tmaps. (i think i didnt do an ingenious till 96, but it worked fine)
eval int/med = free
music/provo=120 gold (3 gm instruments, cause you will die 2 times gming it on the rotting corpse table)
archery/tactics= just the crappiest bow possible and about 900-1200 arrows. (no rush on this one though, they gain super fast, and after you gm provo/music you can just level it while you farm)
healing/anatomy=800 bandages (heal a ghost all night in a dungeon)
hiding=free

Magery is the only one that cost any money. Regs can be pricey, but lemme know your play schedule and ill give you the regs required to gm it.
(once you start tmapping regs are infinite. I had my stock pile up to 12k of each before i realized i had to stop stockpiling.)