Serious question

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Scrap the wands n weps

Champs and rdas - everyone gray edit: also no stat here, IMO.

PERMA stat in dungeons, 30-50k buyout for the pk

No stat overland

now someone make me a sandwich plz

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Idocs should be difficult. They can be immensely more rewarding than any other event in the game. You are fighting for someone's loot that took days of play time to achieve. Pvp should be a part of that in my opinion.

girana

Grandmaster
sure should pvp a part of idocs thats why i and lot other doing them

but no stat means the biggest guild will win

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
sure should pvp a part of idocs thats why i and lot other doing them

but no stat means the biggest guild will win

Biggest or best will win, yes. Same as with everything else.

Sure there would be room for small guilds who time things perfectly...oh wait random timer nm it will be biggest/best pvpers.

Lexington

Grandmaster
And if the short term murder counts do go into effect, then shitty blue noto pk tamers should receive the same short term murder counts and stat when they kill others for looting kills, etc.
see how much they cry about raising their 40 points of taming back up and it will get changed back real fucking quick.

I'm sure a lot of tamers will at one time or another will be in a stat loss situation......... What most of you cant seem to figure out, and I can't under stand why, is the fact that no one is forced to take perma statloss. If you die you have the choice to macro as a ghost until the short term counts are below the cap. You also have to choice to be a doorknob, not pay the fine, rez right away and take the perma statloss.

In no way do these changes protect any blue players. I'll also point out that %99 of the bitching about the current statloss system has always come from you the Pk's, not the donators!

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
And if the short term murder counts do go into effect, then shitty blue noto pk tamers should receive the same short term murder counts and stat when they kill others for looting kills, etc.
see how much they cry about raising their 40 points of taming back up and it will get changed back real fucking quick.
You do realize that permastatloss only occurs if you rez while over 5 short term counts right?

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Bromista

Grandmaster
Scrap the wands n weps

Champs and rdas - everyone gray edit: also no stat here, IMO.

PERMA stat in dungeons, 30-50k buyout for the pk

No stat overland

now someone make me a sandwich plz
I can get behind the rest, but I think you're looking at champs wrong.

I'm going 180 degrees the other direction. I say mandatory perma stat in champ zones.

Risk/reward has been out of proportion for too long allowing the market to be flooded with scrolls by a wealthy "pk guild" (now officially a zerg) who don't need the scrolls they drop. But being a bunch a greedy fucks, they don't stop and continue tobflood the market with cheap "crappier" PS.

Up the risk and slow them down, then you see more blue guilds and randoms dropping power scrolls they they might actually consume. Less scrolls hit the market, higher demand drives the price up, market evens back out eventually.

Sure there are blue guilds out there eager to get a piece of the pie and would put many scrolls to market. But they would be competing with several other blue guilds instead of one major red guild and by virtue of that would be introducing scrolls to the market in a healthier way.

Not many people see things like this but I'm a firm believer that it would benefit the economy of the server as a whole.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Inb4 tears of Trammel.

If you want to reap the reward you should assume the risk.

Players should absolutely be required to defend their spawns. Players should also get hurtc(and badly) if they attempt takeover and fail.

Just sayin'.

K A Z

Grandmaster
blues could also try to fight back (play the game)

I've only done so many Harrowers/Champs but whenever I did em with ma friendz noone could raid us, leave alone POWER.

Thats the thing though KAZ. Most PvMers are NOT PvPers. I came back to UO (this shard specifically) because I couldnt find any other game where you could be raided while PvMing like you can in UO. There is a reason this game is the only one. People like us are a rare breed. Most games cant survive with such a hardcore ruleset. All these PKs who knowingly pick on Non-pvpers and then claim they do it so "the market isnt flooded with gold." The thing is, there will be NO market without blue PvMers. The game will be dead.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Thats the thing though KAZ. Most PvMers are NOT PvPers. I came back to UO (this shard specifically) because I couldnt find any other game where you could be raided while PvMing like you can in UO. There is a reason this game is the only one. People like us are a rare breed. Most games cant survive with such a hardcore ruleset. All these PKs who knowingly pick on Non-pvpers and then claim they do it so "the market isnt flooded with gold." The thing is, there will be NO market without blue PvMers. The game will be dead.

im not saying theyre PVPers. I'm just thinking that they're doing it right when they let 4-5 people shit on them constantly.. and i'm wondering why they're not trying to get a bit more organized (raid call?!) to eventually fight back? With three accounts that shouldn't be a thing (unless you want to champ on 3 accts for ultra profitz). Most of the problems could be solved by simply manning-up (both sides btw.)

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have been hearing even dual clienting champs is now frowned upon because it's "not fair" to have multiple chances at power scrolls.

But of course it's o.k throw 16 reds at a champ raid using a half dozen accounts when things aren't going well for those raiding...

Double standards rule.

Would like to get some official input on this from @Shane @Adam @Carl @JoeB, is dual clienting spawns frowned upon? Because I shut that down, speaking for myself, despite seeing other people doing it.

Well when the 4-5 guys shitting on them have been pvping for about 15 years str8 on this game, and the ones being shit on have little to no experience in PvP, what do you expect from them? Bring in two more toons to die and lose shit as well? Thats what some of you are not getting. Not everyone is a great pvper, or even a pvper at all. Yet you guys run around shitting on people and blaming them for how bad they suck at PvP. Not everyone enjoys PvP and its that simple. Most would rather take their lumps and gtfo rather than fight back.

Better yet, why dont some of you "godlike" pvpers help these "trammies" out at champs. I am in an anti-red guild (the only one of its kind on this shard AFAIK) and Ive noticed there are very few real blue PvPers. Almost every pvper on this shard has a PK and runs around shitting on noobs, then complains about the lack of PvP. No shit! All the PvPers are Red and rarely face of against each other unless in the pits. The reason I can only assume is too much risk and or challenge to take on another red...