SERVER WARS

@wreckognize
Wtf happen dude, you lose some shit on a glitchy server wars on OSI?
What is being asked for, what is being SUGGESTED, is server wars, which, for those of you who do not habla, IS EXACTLY NOTHING LIKE CTF.
You dont think we need server wars? That takes a sentance. You sir are fucking flaming up this thread, both hijacking and attempting to derail it.. thats not what the suggestion thread is for, sir. By all means give your opinion with reasons but then move on please? Me i want server wars. I think this thread deserves to be heard out and not shut out just because of your single, individual opinion. I dont think you are reading all the posts because there are several reasons why server wars is nothing like factions, ctf, having a red char etc... its not just about PvP.

+1 For weekly server wars!

The fun thing about suggestions is that there's two sides to it. It's a SUGGESTION which means it gauging other people's opinions. Not all opinions are going to be fucking rainbows and unicorns and on the happy side everyone wants. It's not derailing, it's offering other ideas.

I think it would be cool if server wars were once a week or two weeks and all of sosaria was a massive FFA.FFA and the other events are cool but its on foot (so my speedhack doesnt work lol), its not field pvp and i believe it would sparks people's interest in pvp. We could always try it out just once, then staff could make a post asking the community what they thought of it.

"9/10 players here don't want server wars because it also crashes the server every time, and when UO crashes while you're sleeping it's hard on your equipment." I think keeping your computer running while you're sleeping is hard on your equipment. Staff could give a few weeks heads up so everyone knows the exact time the server would reset.

CTF & PVP tourneys are dope bu tI can't remember the last FFA or King of the Hill event que that popped on my screen. Someone please correct if i'm wrong on this, when you reset the server it helps with lag. I think its similar to resetting you're home internet or computer.

@Babethoven 3 of my 6 characters are red and in factions

Not everyone wants to compete in PVP things. yea these people are boring blah blah blah, but okay, we're boring. If this could be implemented where it doesn't effect those of us who don't want to join in on it, but still play regularly, then okay cool. But turning the whole server into a massive FFA doesn't really fit to everyone's wants like you think it does. UO isn't only about PVP - as shocking as that is to all of you "anti-trammy studz."

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
The other ideas proposed in lieu of server wars (ctf, king of the hill, factions, running a red) were all hugely off the mark relative to what the OP was asking for. These things are nothing like server wars. I dunno, steering the convo down the 'no thx, its covered' road indicates to me that people have no idea what OP said or didnt read it, which is why their helpful yet useless counter suggestions are falling on deaf ears. And changing the subject to one that isnt on topic definitely IS a derailing tactic to change the nature of the convo/OP.
If we do it great. If not, UOF is still forever..
I still fuckin love y'as tho, dont get me wrong. Always better to hear all aspects before making any decision..

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
More ways to evade risk vs. reward?

-1 server wars
Nah son this is a (usually) once a week deal where for a set period of time the server has saved its last and from then til server shuts down different rules come into play, ie everyone is insta-red, nothing done is saved.. Risk vs reward is during regular gameplay. Couple great things about server wars : new chars/players learn how to pvp or at least engage that side a little more, house sizing/resizing is possible as you can drop ur house to resize and who cares, and i mean who hasnt had a fully deco'd house they wanna see drop all its precious lewts on the ground?
I get what ur saying but server wars in no way removes risk vs reward, just suspends both for the duration (ie if you farm a Taming SS after server has saved its last).

One thing I should add, I dont think this would go over swimmingly if it were to impose itself on gameplay, so might hafta be something done on the test server.

Radar Mile

Master
Nah son this is a (usually) once a week deal where for a set period of time the server has saved its last and from then til server shuts down different rules come into play, ie everyone is insta-red, nothing done is saved.. Risk vs reward is during regular gameplay. Couple great things about server wars : new chars/players learn how to pvp or at least engage that side a little more, house sizing/resizing is possible as you can drop ur house to resize and who cares, and i mean who hasnt had a fully deco'd house they wanna see drop all its precious lewts on the ground?
I get what ur saying but server wars in no way removes risk vs reward, just suspends both for the duration (ie if you farm a Taming SS after server has saved its last).

One thing I should add, I dont think this would go over swimmingly if it were to impose itself on gameplay, so might hafta be something done on the test server.

You're right actually, I hadn't thought about it that way. I used to do server wars on OSI and a number of other servers I played. I do agree it can be fun to do crazy shit on occasion. Like we had a server wars on UOF a while back where everyone could possess balrons and ancient wyrms and shit in Britain and then Shane killed the entire server with a worldwide flame wall.

I'm not necessarily opposed to THAT idea, but the problem is people play this server all over the world in different timezones. People can be understandably opposed to effectively 30 minutes of downtime right in the middle of their couple hours of playtime.

Also as other people have pointed out a lot of the reasons you cite for adding it in are achievable through other avenues already.

"new chars/players learn how to pvp or at least engage that side a little more, " CTF, and PVP Tourneys. Not to mention the dueling system. I see people in the duel pits helping teach people how to duel all the time. Granted, you do use consumables there, but still a good option.

"house sizing/resizing is possible as you can drop ur house to resize" test server

Maybe if there were more to it or like you added, it didn't impose itself on unwilling players

Derwolf

Grandmaster
The fun thing about suggestions is that there's two sides to it. It's a SUGGESTION which means it gauging other people's opinions. Not all opinions are going to be fucking rainbows and unicorns and on the happy side everyone wants. It's not derailing, it's offering other ideas.

Not everyone wants to compete in PVP things. yea these people are boring blah blah blah, but okay, we're boring. If this could be implemented where it doesn't effect those of us who don't want to join in on it, but still play regularly, then okay cool. But turning the whole server into a massive FFA doesn't really fit to everyone's wants like you think it does. UO isn't only about PVP - as shocking as that is to all of you "anti-trammy studz."

you're no fun :p

wreckognize

Grandmaster
The other ideas proposed in lieu of server wars (ctf, king of the hill, factions, running a red) were all hugely off the mark relative to what the OP was asking for.

except FFA is exactly like serverwars ^^

hugely off mark from OP, i think not:

''chance for noobies to try pvp without fear of losing anything''

check

gotta learn to read between the lines, rookies.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Ok, not HUGELY off the mark, but if you could... where in FFA can i drop my house? When during CTF match can i resize it consequence-free?
Some of what is being touted as a benefit of server wars is found in some other events, hell ya i dont doubt that. But the chaos of being able to do whatever and not hafta worry about consequences? Hello battle royale @ WBB! And in FFA theres still an objective that is the main focus.
The focus of server wars is anarchy across Sosaria. Not inside a sandbox within the larger sandbox.
Points well taken tho i see what yer saying, just not all of what is being asked for is being covered, yet. Otherwise this thread would never have been started.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Ok, not HUGELY off the mark, but if you could... where in FFA can i drop my house?

Sorry that you feel entitled to playing the entire game risk free, sorry these worthy options don't fit your busy schedule, and sorry that you feel you need to be rude with anyone who disagrees with you.

Like I said already, there's a test center. You can't always expect it to be online, and it doesn't have scheduled online times, but if you really need to use it just wait a week. There's ALWAYS development going on on this server.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Sorry that you feel entitled to playing the entire game risk free, sorry these worthy options don't fit your busy schedule, and sorry that you feel you need to be rude with anyone who disagrees with you.

Like I said already, there's a test center. You can't always expect it to be online, and it doesn't have scheduled online times, but if you really need to use it just wait a week. There's ALWAYS development going on on this server.

can you post the test center info?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Just gotta change the port to 2598 and it's also login.uoforever.com ^^

I even tried to use it before making that bloody cloak, but it was down. sure wasn't expecting THAT result tho lol.

Word to the wise: Short pants have the same problem. Still blessed them tho since they weren't too bad lookin and money aint a thing to me

Bromista

Grandmaster
The test server is fired up rarely at best :(

It might not be a bad idea to have some scheduled test server time in the near future for players considering dropping their castle to replace them with a 30x30 custom to be able to experiment @Adam

And, you know...for general horseassery and shenaniganery.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
The only additional reason i used to like sw that wasn't mentioned yet here is if i'm considering dropping 8m on a new piece of clothing or something high-end I could just wait til sw, get the person selling to let me try in out/try it out and at least know what it's like before i buy it. I know this is super trammy but what vet out here doesn't have a few sets of sweet outfits... nothing worse than dropping mils on something that looks stupid with the rest of your gear.

I'd personally lean towards supporting sw knowing that test centre isn't always up. sw was fun for sure, especially when gm's would be involved and spawn crazy monsters at banks and give everyone on shard cool items to mess with and set up ankh's and restock stones for instantly getting back into the fighting.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Why don't you all stop being vaginas and just pvp . Really not that hard to restock.

But Ya I agree with the tram items [emoji123]. I'd like to look pretty with new stuff