Sheivans Suggestions for a better UOF :]

bakou

Neophyte
Sea Battle
Build a destructible structure and place it in the sea, make it vulnerable a few times a week and make it so the last person to hit it (destroy it) with a cannon ball receive a reward (new currency? pirate coins?)

This way, naval battles actually happen, new ships are viable and useful.
Put a strong kraken by it for more challenge! :D

PVP Monolith (On New magincia maybe?)
To provide an additional PvP hotspot so that players can fight over something worth acquiring. The monoliths will become active on a daily basis, one at a time. That does not mean that there will be a monolith active at any given time or that all monoliths will become active every single day. More like, there will be a monolith active for some time, probably around peak hours, every day. The Monolith will be pulsing every few seconds, giving a specific reward that will be divided between all players that are within its vicinity. The more players around the monolith, the less prowess everyone receives. The exact amount is yet to be decided but the goal is to make it lucrative for a 10 player party to participate in the activity. If there are 20 people sharing, it will still be a decent reward. But really, you probably want to start knocking people off or, better yet, killing them to prevent them from jumping right back on. If a single lucky player managed to stay on alone for a substantial amount of ticks, he will be very generously rewarded but this should be a very difficult task.
- Taken from another game.

Besides explosion potions, there is currently no way to chase someone, here is an idea:
Bolas; SLOW opponents for 1.5 seconds with a diminishing returns.
There is a casting time on the bola.
You may not move while "casting" a bola.
[...]

Parrying:
For diversity, allow people to cast with a shield equipped but NOT if they are wielding a weapon in the other hand.

Pets:
I doubt pets were meant to be used for PVP, considering they are very overpowered, I think it would be great to have them toned down against PLAYERS (5% on spells? 10% on firebreaths?)
Dying in 2 firebreaths is rather frustrating.

Also, I believe that the command "all guards me" should be deleted, it really takes away the skills required to play a tamer. You should have to ATLEAST say "All kill" and target an opponent, right now, everyone just spams "all guards me" and wait/hope for good results.

Heal mages:
They dont have much for themselves, what about "buffing" them a bit to make them a bit more useful? They dont have the damage required to be super viable in PVP and they are VERY useless when it comes to PVE/

Buffing Heal mages beneficial spells by 2/5%? (Heal, Greater Heal, Bless, Cunning ETC..)
So instead of healing for 40, a greater heal would heal for 42-43.. a cunning would give 11-13 intelligence instead of 10 ETC..

STUNS
Considering poisoners, scribes and healers are not as popular as alchemy mages (for obvious reasons - the damage), we could let them have a smaller increment to stun %

Thats all I can think of for now.. be gentle ._.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraden

Grandmaster
I like te bolas cause i hate all the "pvp" that is just who has less lag and/or is luckier at running. I miss actual combat and i miss bola balling people off their mounts to get an actual pvp fight. Someone said all the kids though will just run pk tamers and bola balls and thats why they donthave em here. Okay for one who cares id rather get killed by a tamer than never get a decent fight or have to ru for an hour in a circle to kill someone. So i said okay well fine lets think of a middle ground and honestly thats a good idea. Make bolas just slow people to footspeed for so many seconds. Ie five. Doesnt take away from running completly. Doesnt over power anythig. And can also make it so tamers cant bola with animal taming. But yeah anyway thats awesome idea. Id like to see if theyd at least try it. Cant move while casting bola, chare the thrower dexterity too so they cant really spam them, make it so they can be interrupted, and just slow the affected mounts speed to walk speed not dismount. Could even take it one step further and make it so if u bola someone walking it makes them stuck for like three seconds too. Make it more usefull to stay mounted and can increase mount price idk. I miss bolas. I hate running around nonstop and calling that pvp. Theres a difference between stick and move and run for miles til your mana regens or yor bandaid goes off lol. Anyway good stuff man

Heal/stun mages are very viable for pvp on this shard and are used often by many(including myself). There is no need to buff them. The ability to heal with bandages while casting heal spells and while on the move makes them extremely hard to kill. They have stun as well which makes them good for pvp.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Sea Battle

Like this?

PVP Monolith (On New magincia maybe?)
I am under the impression they are planning on doing something similar with other systems in the coming weeks/months, so you might very well get this.

Bolas; SLOW opponents for 1.5 seconds with a diminishing returns.
There is a casting time on the bola.
You may not move while "casting" a bola.
[...]
Wouldn't mind seeing bolas put in. I like the original bola though, myself. Personally, putting in stamina loss for running would go a long way to making PvP on this server more fun.

Parrying:
Absolutely not. Parrying does its job by fending off dexxers, and mages have it easy enough, particularly in group combat.

Pets:
I doubt pets were meant to be used for PVP, considering they are very overpowered, I think it would be great to have them toned down against PLAYERS (5% on spells? 10% on firebreaths?)
Dying in 2 firebreaths is rather frustrating.
Apparently people who played uoforever for more than a year became irradiated with shit gameplay, and their balls eventually rotted off. Anything to tone done "all kill" in PvP is a plus.

Heal mages:
Heal mages are just fine. The only mage template adjustment to be made would be for Nox mages, and that would be an overall of the Poisoning system more than nox mages in particular.

Kraden

Grandmaster
U can do both. And yeah i think bolas if implemented right so all the kids dont cry will make the pvp way funner

Greed

Master
I don't want bolas in the game. I think they are really lame because they make tamers, a PvM template, the strongest PvP template. That's the thing about game balancing that you have to understand...when you change one thing about a game it can impact many other things as well...often to an extreme detriment. The monoliths thing I think is also bad...we already have dungeons and factions so it would just be a distraction and another way to separate players from currently existing PvP. Also we already have the sea battles coming soon so that's already being implemented. The parrying idea is horrible because it would make stun mages completely useless. I can't imagine trying to stun someone with parrying holy crap....Heal mages get the ability to heal themselves with 42 healing bandages and stun other players..that's more than enough. Also lowering the chance of stuns is dumb because its presently the only way to stop someone from getting away. It's really odd you complain about players too easily escaping and then you advocate making stuns useless with parrying, and decreasing the overall chance of stuns against every other PvP template.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Bolas in game if implemented right wont unbalance anything. If they make them so they slow people to walking speed all it will do is prevent who can run faster "PvP" cause so far the PvP here is a joke, but I haven't really gotten into it yet. Also, I would much rather get killed by a Tamer than spend 15 minutes every one v one chasing someone only to run into a rock and them get away. Not to mention if you see a Tamer using Bolas just gank em and take their pets off to no where and make them burn a charge on their summoning ball.

I say no to bolas.

Simple reason?

Bolas will become a mandatory tool for anyone in PvP.
So,. i say no to bolas.
Without bolas, everyone has equal chances.
With bolas, everyone will "have" to use it to stand a chance in PvP - that seems like a bad idea from the start.

Also, how many blue PvM players do you suspect will equip bolas? Yeah..

gucci mane

Apprentice
I say no to bolas.

With bolas, everyone will "have" to use it to stand a chance in PvP - that seems like a bad idea from the start.

Also, how many blue PvM players do you suspect will equip bolas? Yeah..
agreed, less items required = less item based pvp = more skill pvp

it would make more sense for all characters to have a slow down "bola skill" skill with a cooldown but that is verrrry un-UO

mount stamina/losing stamina from running is a solution that is already in the game just disabled on this server.

when you are running around the world losing stam sucks... how about stamina loss on either mount or character only starts happening after you get hit into combat? that way you can run around the world without needing potions (good for noobs and in general playability)

Kraden

Grandmaster
Make bolas stam loss mounts. Somethings got to happen. Bolas dont ruin shit. People cant carry a bola u could buy for 100gp lol. So far today taming i got pked four times. Guy runs in drops me and as soon as one person with a weapon hows up they run. Pretty sad pvp. I mean shit i didnt have potions or nothing i just knew theyd see a weapon and run so i chased two pks 1v1 for idk three minutes nonstop til i hit a tree and they got away. Wow reallllly fun pvp going. Then the guy came back on his blue to talk shit about how much i suck causehe killed me on a tamer while i was posioned by a scorp and only have fifty magery lol. Least with a bola i could of had a chance to get away or made him actually fight me on my pvper. But nope just some more run and hit bandy macro. Bolas didnt ruin pvp then and they wont now. Just cause a few d bags ran tamers and bola balled people they cried Like Ohh my "God"! Id rather get pked by a tamer than die of exhaustion fro chasin a scrub. Least with the tamer i know they aint running. Im a smoker man i cant run. Also bring em back for a week and take a vote then delete em if need be. There has to be a way to immplement bolas. You say it just makes more stuff to use. O wow another macro kids can set lol. As if real pvpers dont roll around staked with potions and pouches an ethy two posioned weps a hally bandaids etc lol

agreed, less items required = less item based pvp = more skill pvp

it would make more sense for all characters to have a slow down "bola skill" skill with a cooldown but that is verrrry un-UO

mount stamina/losing stamina from running is a solution that is already in the game just disabled on this server.

when you are running around the world losing stam sucks... how about stamina loss on either mount or character only starts happening after you get hit into combat? that way you can run around the world without needing potions (good for noobs and in general playability)

Stamina loss could be put in effect "while in combat".
So it doesn't affect you while simply running around the world.

Armor and strength could play a factor as well,.. but then you'd really play into the hands of mages and dexxers,. so that's probably not a good idea.

If you don't want to chase your target - then don't chase him.
Equip a weapon on your tamer to scare them off ;)

gucci mane

Apprentice
Stamina loss could be put in effect "while in combat".
So it doesn't affect you while simply running around the world.

ya thats what i was suggesting, its not a perfect fix because you can just carry more Total Refreshment potions, but if someone runs out of them to drink then that is one way to stop them from running. better than what we have right now

i would also be willing to try out bola's for a week or two. i just think the more things you "HAVE" to (should) carry is detrimental to pvp

Perhaps potions could be put on a cooldown - that's not like UO at all,. but it's been proven to somewhat "balance" things in other games that have potions featured.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Potions, trapped pouches, orange petals, runebooks (about fifty for cut-off locations because of all the goddamn running on this server), an entire keg for explosion potions for chasing (because let's face it, that's how you actually do meaningful damage on this shard without a stun dump), ethereal horse (because if you die on a mortal you're gonna' have a bad time getting back into the fight)...

I mean seriously, tell me again how bolas will make it item-based PvP where everything else above has not.