Skill Levels and Wood Harvesting

TooLong

Master
Just curious at what point with the Lumberjacking skill you can start harvesting the different types of woods. Does anyone know?

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I think you can harvest at gm but it's like fishing up mobs..at gm, you may get some different woods once in awhile..at 120 you have a much higher chance.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
Right now the chance for good wood is way to low to justify putting the money to get 120, i made that mistake and still kinda pissed about it.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Just curious at what point with the Lumberjacking skill you can start harvesting the different types of woods. Does anyone know?
At 100, you will not be able to harvest any new wood types, unless you get a random giant snake to spawn will harvesting, as those seem to have up to 10 Frostwood on them now.
At 115, I can harvest all but Frostwood from actual trees, but the Bloodwood / Heartwood rates are REALLY low. If I pull a total of 10K logs, I will have around 100-150 Blood and Heartwoods to show for it...

TooLong

Master
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Do you or anyone else know if it gets much better taking the skill to 120?

Tearloch

Grandmaster
You can actually harvest Frost at 120 (probably at 117.5???), and I am sure the success rate on the other types is slightly higher, but there are still very, very hard to get. You may get up to 2% or 2.5% on Heartwood at 120, and Frostwood is probably at best 1% success rate at 120. It is meant to be hard to get; that said, I think the harvest rates are a bit low, especially given the new Legendary carpentry items that take 1000 logs to make, and have a success rate around 50.
If you use ore prices as a loose guide, I wouldn't sell Frostwood/Bloodwood for less than like 500gp a log..... but that is just me.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
And I think Carpentry skill that you can work the new woods is the same story. I was able to work Oak at 102.0 Carpentry. I wasn't able at GM. I did not try anywhere in between.

Chance

Neophyte
How does one go about obtaining scrolls for LJ? Champs?

Must they be eaten in order 5/10/15/20?

Does the special wood you can harvest have any use for Fletchers, or is it Carp only?

alt-f4

Neophyte
Is there a benefit to using that vs ordinary wood with respect crafting weapons with it? (aside from the fact that it might be colored)

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Is there a benefit to using that vs ordinary wood with respect crafting weapons with it? (aside from the fact that it might be colored)
Yes, crafting weapons from the fancy wood types gives a chance for making magic weapons, sort of like the slayer weapon system. Max stats possible is tied to type of wood used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk