Skillscrolls for Pets

Hanebu

Master
Hello,

Due the recent changes in the Pet Skillgain I thought it would be a good Idea if you could use your Skillscrolls also on Pets. I see many People just throwing away there Wrestling / Anatomy Skillscrolls, so they would be pretty usefull :)

Any thoughts on this?

bradley-

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure this was recently changed to allow exactly what you're suggesting. Next time your online, double click a skill scroll and it should have a new window with an option to use it on a pet

halygon

Grandmaster
Now that I thought about this -- I'm actually pretty disappointed with the staff (@Adam @Shane @Carl) on implementing this.

Pretty much this makes the recent pet skill loss changes null and void. All I see now is folks looking for wrestling/magery/magic resist/tactics/evalint/anatomy skill scrolls to easily 7x their pets.

Also, I had hopes that pet training would finally come to UOF and be a viable trade profession -- I guess that is also down the drain.

As sad as it is to say -- its all about having enough gold to make your game experience easy and not about putting in the time. I hate the phrase but "Pay for Performance" fits pretty nicely here.

Don Key

Master
I don't think you should be disappointed.

Yes it is a bummer that there won't be a pet training market. But now there will be a high demand for otherwise useless skill scrolls so more people will be farming them. More farmers, more pks, more fun. And on top of that, the tamers can't really complain all that much when they get their pets killed.

Maybe you can talk them into pet powerscrolls where you can't use SS to get them above 100. Then pet trainers could exist.

halygon

Grandmaster
I don't think you should be disappointed.

Yes it is a bummer that there won't be a pet training market. But now there will be a high demand for otherwise useless skill scrolls so more people will be farming them. More farmers, more pks, more fun. And on top of that, the tamers can't really complain all that much when they get their pets killed.

Maybe you can talk them into pet powerscrolls where you can't use SS to get them above 100. Then pet trainers could exist.
Naw -- still disappointed - went from carebear to UO and now back to carebear.

I understand the point about making skill scrolls more useful, but they were already useful and people already used them -- so all that happened is we made them worth even more.