Skinning Knife

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Using a skinning knife on a corpse should automatically cut the hides into leather without the need of scissors. It was like this on OSI but it might have been introduced post AOS.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Not sure what ya mean Eppy. The skinning knife was always in game. Using a skinning knife on a corpse yields nothing special over a dagger or butcher knife.

eppy

Grandmaster
Yes but I made a new one that works as intended and puts them in your pack. That may be going too far though.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Putting it in your pack is a bit much but i'd like to see the skinning knife changes made to auto cut hides on corpses

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Putting it in your pack is a bit much but i'd like to see the skinning knife changes made to auto cut hides on corpses
You are already handling the hides when you skin the creature so why not just put them back in your backpack instead of in the corpse...

Wrexx

Grandmaster
For fear that too much automation makes scripting it easier. Whether it does or doesn't I have no idea. It might be harder to code them to be placed in your pack. Weigh limits and what not.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Most people don't do gathering because it takes too long to go through all the motions needed to gather them. Most of the places for hides are roamed frequently by PK's

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ctrl + shift + S = Skin
Ctrl + shift + C = Cut

Holding down shift the whole time moving each pile seamlessly ftw.

pacrsfan

Master
Yes but I made a new one that works as intended and puts them in your pack. That may be going too far though.
So where do you get one at? I made a skinning knife with my tinkerer,bought one from tinker and blacksmith none work.