Slayer Spellbooks

Weland

Grandmaster
Can a scribe make these in the crafting area? If so is it even more rare than a normal slayer?

Kilike

Grandmaster
Nope. Events or paying a shit ton of rl money a long time ago

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Lazenby

Adept
In other words, broken item that ruins game balance that only 3 people have. Another HUGE problem on this server, either get rid of them or make them viable for everyone...

Kilike

Grandmaster
Supposedly a powerscroll, and some quest are being worked on. Was mentioned months ago. Soo like everything else major. I wouldn't hold your breath. Dono updates getting pushed out. Bet your ass. Content that is needed and was promised. HA

Kilike

Grandmaster
My apologizes for opening a festering wound lol
Not your fault. Really it was a poor judgement call not to implement the books when the mage tali was put in. Let alone wait this long.

Non the less for now. The answer is sadly no.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I wouldn't say it is a huge problem. Like you said there are only 3. I understand why they were made for the people that originally got them, they helped support us playing a free game. The only real time you even notice it is at the Arch Demon.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
I expect non-blessed or decaying slayer spellbooks to be craft-able with the inscription change. It is needed to bring meta mages up to the same level as meta dexers in terms of PVE effectiveness.

but who knows. maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:

bane

Master
My apologizes for opening a festering wound lol
Don't be too put off by the replies in these forums there is 100 times more negativity here than you will typically find in game. There are only a handful slayer spellbooks in the game. While it was questionable to allow them it is extremely rare to have to compete against someone using one.

Weland

Grandmaster
I've heard meta mages are pretty powerful even if they don't have slayer spell books so I'm not overly worried about it. I was just curious and it turns out it is a sore subject for some :).

TheFallen

Grandmaster
@Shane has said he will be looking at the slayer books. When they were given meta mages didn't exist so a super slayer book wasn't nearly the op item it is now. Unfortunately with meta Mage this item becomes a "pay to win" item that is not attainable in any way in game.

One proposed solution is to allow players to craft slayer spell books (including a small chance at the everything slayer) but have them cursed. Which would result in craft able slayer books obviously. Although they may just decide to change to books to one or more slayer type or ensure all mobs have a slayer type making no change to the everything book but allowing other slayer books that have been obtained through in game activity to be used to the same effect.