speed up the recovery time between casting.

Uofreakkk

Adept

wrong. the software was released by them 6 months prior. also there was many other versions b4 runuo

Actually I'm not wrong, RunUO started as a hobby. During the early part of 2002, Zac Torkelson began writing his own client for Ultima Online (a popular MMORPG). RunUO began as an aid in the client development process to simulate the actions of the Origin Systems shards. A few months later, Ryan McAdams, now the project manager of RunUO, convinced Torkelson to concentrate more on creating a new Ultima Online server emulator.

McAdams already had experience in maintaining websites and communities from past emulation ventures. On September 25, 2002 the first release was made, RunUO Beta 1.[1] During its beta phases, RunUO was released as a
closed-source project. In less than three years and 40 betas (36 released to the public[2]), RunUO 1.0.0 was released on February 3, 2005.[3]

On June 15, 2006 a RunUO 2.0
release candidate was released, ushering in support for the latest game expansions and the new .NET 2.0 framework. That same day a public Subversion repository for RunUO was opened. This allows RunUO users to see the latest work being done on RunUO by the development team and submit their own patches to have features and fixes implemented in the main distribution.[4]
On February 7, 2008 A second Release Candidate for RunUO 2.0 was released with more than 165 bugs fixed and features added.[5]
On October 6, 2009 RunUO 2.0 Final was released, changes including over 100 SVN commits from 2.0 RC2, This also brings the first stable release of RunUO for
Mono for use on GNU/Linux, BSD and similar platforms.[6]

Thus ******** uoforever was born... please tell what other server was ran on Runuo before ********? I'm dying to know...

I played since 97
server? name?

I played numerous shards but I ended up mainly playing on Catskills and later Chesapeake

As for characters it was a long time ago but my main was Candylandman I believe or Candylandman3 which my tamer. My friend actually had a character similar to that named TheCandylandman who also played on catskills and brought me to the game and he actually plays on this server as well.

after what you said I don't believe you even played this game for more then 3-4 years.
I tried this game in beta at a friends house. ive played with breaks since 1997 Ive played every UO server and been in the majority of big name guilds across all osi servers.

I doubt it

majority of the servers to day still aren't even close to uo renassiance era mechanics
agreed. 2 have came close defiance[pre change] and OSP

They still didn't match uoforever mechanics.. and it has nothing to do with this server..

well although it has been a long time since I played gamers I did both early and post change early was the worse spell system ive ever encountered and post change it was a spam fest and nothing else I quit gamers because the guild I was playing with went to WoW.
Gamers did indeed boast + 1000 counts early when it was just starting out and the only time they have gotten close since is 1. boosting online counts and 2. give aways. For a long time on UOgateway it was 1. IPY 2. DFI 3. Gamers. Economys grow its part of any server there will always be an increase in gold and even more so when the server sells it but also prices should move up respectively so in the end it doesn't make that much of a difference.

If you think hybrids spell system was the worst you ever encountered then it's rather because
1. You never played renassiance...
2. You are used to playing shit spell system servers or servers that are AOS/t2A based.
3. You were bad at uoforever and therefore the spell system must be too blame..
or
4. Neither and you are just here to argue for the sake of it.

Also Uogateway was a way to connect to servers it was not an emulator itself much like uosteam and razor isn't an emulator. An emulator (Runuo) is what the server is run on and IPY 2 DFI etc wouldn't have been as successful without it. IPY also was t2a Era I believe not Renassiance era, instant equip weapon hit was not Renassiance era it was t2a along with magic jewelry etc so you can't compare the two.. completely different mechanics for different eras.

I agree most servers have some degree of staff abusing powers BUT not like gamers items being deleted off people for no reason other than personal problems houses being deleted admins running around on superpowered chars are just a few of the things that I saw happen.

Rather that be the case or not it has nothing to do with spell mechanics, I simply pointed out why people left and it had nothing to do with the mechanics of uoforever..

no statloss makes the whole server imbalanced the rules are in the PKS favour they have no penalty what so ever for killing people who never wanted to engage them in combat and this will drive away every other played to your server who is not a pvper.

Wrong ******** thrived on it for years without statloss and if anything it's what kept the pvp going 24/7 where as statloss promotes afking and logging out non statloss promotes staying active. On osi thousands of people played so if reds took a statloss even if it was perma you couldn't tell a difference in pvp because there were so many people on that server to make up for it, on free servers the last thing you want to do is promote people logging off or afking .

lol ^^ ok mate clearly here you've shown you were terrible on osi.

disturbing yourself with an item a weapon a spellbook basically anything that disturbed your process would give you instant recast this is why I Invented daggering.
If you were disturbed by another action from a player or monster your timer b4 you could cast again would be the time it would normally take to complete the spell.

And this is different then uoforever how? You could still re-arm disarm items to cancel a spell and get the recast time. Moving on..

yep they do and it should be removed no trammel.

There is no trammel on uoforever and never was in fact uoforever took pride in not having a trammel, as for safety spots del pond was the only one that came to mind which was removed... so other then valhala like this server has it's pretty much identical safety zone wise.

aos spam happy casting system where you can poison magic arrow someone 100% to 0 with 2 wrestls
you could kill someone with 1 poison 2 wrestls and about 10 magic arrows

Really? so a server that has power scrolls, and basically has AOS enabled features with mobs on it and you are saying uoforever was the one with AOS casting abilities? If you really played renassiance era that's how people 5xed, I don't think I ever seen a renassiance era server take two seconds for a ma to do damage after it hit the target, if anything that's more AOS than uoforever...

special hits happened to often

Enlighten me, opposed to what? You have a 50% chance to miss and unless you hit the target and land the wrestling hit the stun wouldn't apply. People had higher dex and use agility pots on uoforever which enabled them to swing faster and land more stuns... and you didn't know that ? I'm sure people do it here too, at least the good pvpers I've seen it tourneys where people land back to back stuns. I think your are confusing facts with opinions here.. you are allowed one not the other and for someone who said I must have been terrible on OSI you should have known more dex means more chance to stun.

im not often wrong if someone can enlighten me on something that's great.

Cool, I just did multiple times, now it's up to you to be in denial about it or accept it.

what fact?

The ones you seem to be confusing with your opinions, such as it is your opinion things should be this way when reality they shouldn't be and haven't been.

I'm not saying this server sucks ... Far from it. What I am clearly saying is that uoforever had better spell mechanics and people didn't leave because of those mechanics but rather other problems it had.. you can be butt hurt about my opinion and basically fact or you can accept it and move on.. or you can reply because you can't accept being wrong.

Balls in your court but I made my point.

Peace..

Last edited by a moderator:

Uofreakkk

Adept
Your points are moot cause you don't know the difference between a moot point and a mute one.

Also a moot point is one that is open for discussion but pointless as it affects nothing.

Has GM Steve confirmed i'm getting perma banned yet, i'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out!
Make sense next time

Messremb

Grandmaster
uoforever was the first pvp server on runuo so your argument is mute.

Mute is incorrect, the word you were looking for is moot! look it up. your inability to use the phrase correctly shows you don't know enough to be commenting on this shit.

that make more sense?