Spell Damage Mitiagation WHEN:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Either way your suggeston doesn't even solve what you are complaining about.

Actually it does. It solves the problem that not one single thing has ever been done to balance group versus solo playstyle.

Everyone always says ''well being in a group is obviously going to give an advantage'' and so it's strange to me that we make rules that make it even more of an advantage instead of less.

Take for example the RDA character limit. This was added, not for the sake of game balance, but just to stop players from constantly complaining. So in turn, I have decided to be more vocal for the sake of game balance.

Or another example of where the rules have been changed to suit the group playstyle is the notoriety changes. Now, blue PKing is more of an issue if you are a solo player than a group player. Throughout the day there are I believe a dozen RDAs. So if you have a dozen tamers, each player in the group can take one murder count per day and never go red. Another change that went against good game balance to squelch the whiners.

In the end, large groups have changed this shard into what it is to suit themselves. Being in a large group is basically the endgame being manufactured by the current mechanics. It's really hard to argue that these mechanics aren't pushing players into large groups, even though there are those who will say it just to be argumentative.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Actually it does. It solves the problem that not one single thing has ever been done to balance group versus solo playstyle.

Everyone always says ''well being in a group is obviously going to give an advantage'' and so it's strange to me that we make rules that make it even more of an advantage instead of less.

Take for example the RDA character limit. This was added, not for the sake of game balance, but just to stop players from constantly complaining. So in turn, I have decided to be more vocal for the sake of game balance.

Or another example of where the rules have been changed to suit the group playstyle is the notoriety changes. Now, blue PKing is more of an issue if you are a solo player than a group player. Throughout the day there are I believe a dozen RDAs. So if you have a dozen tamers, each player in the group can take one murder count per day and never go red. Another change that went against good game balance to squelch the whiners.

In the end, large groups have changed this shard into what it is to suit themselves. Being in a large group is basically the endgame being manufactured by the current mechanics. It's really hard to argue that these mechanics aren't pushing players into large groups, even though there are those who will say it just to be argumentative.
Large groups are a benefit for large group-based content. No one is denying that. No one is forced to participate in large group content.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Large groups are a benefit for large group-based content. No one is denying that. No one is forced to participate in large group content.

You're being ridiculous. You apparently don't understand the meaning of ''forced'' playstyle. It's not like you create a new character and there's a window that pops up and says ''select which guild you would like to be in.''

It's that, if you want to enjoy a meta dragon, or the relics, or farm powerscrolls for meta spider eggs, within a reasonable amount of time then your best, by far, chance, is to join a big guild.

You think meta pets are ''large group based content''? People can't simply use them for farming solo?

Besides, the best example of the way UOF forces everyone into groups is that you can't get a single change made here unless you have a bunch of whiny friends to complain about it over and over and over. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can anyone think of a change that was made here that wasn't made due to mass complaints from this or that group?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
You're being ridiculous. You apparently don't understand the meaning of ''forced'' playstyle. It's not like you create a new character and there's a window that pops up and says ''select which guild you would like to be in.''

It's that, if you want to enjoy a meta dragon, or the relics, or farm powerscrolls for meta spider eggs, within a reasonable amount of time then your best, by far, chance, is to join a big guild.

You think meta pets are ''large group based content''? People can't simply use them for farming solo?

Besides, the best example of the way UOF forces everyone into groups is that you can't get a single change made here unless you have a bunch of whiny friends to complain about it over and over and over. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can anyone think of a change that was made here that wasn't made due to mass complaints from this or that group?
In other words: "if players want end-game content as fast as possible, they're forced to work with others to achieve that content".

Sounds about right.

Beaver Burgler

Apprentice

So what's to stop people from not being in a party/guild and doing this as a large group? There are plenty of ways to keep track of people without using either system.

They will avoid your penalty for not conforming to your play style and still run the end game content. If you want to participate in the content which is really just rda/Champs then group up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wreckognize

Grandmaster
In other words: "if players want end-game content as fast as possible, they're forced to work with others to achieve that content".

Sounds about right.

sounds exactly right, and proves I'm right that the server forces the large group playstyle as it's ''endgame''

Winstonian

Grandmaster
if you really wanted to fight me on the field, then why would you make a brand new character just to duel me?

Just tell me who your alts are and we'll have plenty of anything goes matches, in time.
I'm lost.

I don't 5x. I mean, I have nothing against it, but I haven't done it in a long time. You offer a 5x, and I accept, because, why the hell not.

You won. You started talking shit immediately. Which is fine. It's expected.

I'm offering you a duel that I'm more familiar with. 1v1, 7x, anything goes, Wrong roof. Are you accepting?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
sounds exactly right, and proves I'm right that the server forces the large group playstyle as it's ''endgame''
Right. Exactly. End-game content isn't made to be had right away... it's supposed to take time. Players don't have to group to achieve it. They can choose to, and it helps, but they can also achieve it solo.

That's the way it should be.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Right. Exactly. End-game content isn't made to be had right away... it's supposed to take time. Players don't have to group to achieve it. They can choose to, and it helps, but they can also achieve it solo.

That's the way it should be.

If you're solo, it takes wayyyy longer to get the stuff.

You're right that it should take longer. But the amount longer it actually takes is way out of proportion from what I, and others who have complained about it, would consider is a good game balance.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
If you're solo, it takes wayyyy longer to get the stuff.

You're right that it should take longer. But the amount longer it actually takes is way out of proportion from what I, and others who have complained about it, would consider is a good game balance.
I think it depends what the player is trying to achieve. Right now, for example, someone can farm lizardman for the month, likely get a relic worth millions, and get some of those end game-type things.

But, yeah, RDAs, champs and other end-game content usually require a group. I don't run with a group, so I don't participate in those things. If I change my mind, I'll find one to join. I don't have a problem with that part of UOF.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
''likely get a relic from MOTM'' lawl
you're on fire. Sorry, but I'm not going to respond to any more of your mindless banter, as it's clearly causing you to become delusional buddy.

I've farmed thousands apon thousands of MOTM, in december i killed ratmen for 16 hours a day for 3 weeks straight, and never got a relic. I've never gotten a relic from MOTM, since they came out with Deamons, and I've farmed thousands of each every month since then.

That said, it's the exact complain I mentioned other players having. There's really no feasible way to get relics if you're not out doing large group events.

Sorry but you're trying to say you're not argumentative, but then clinging hopelessly to the technicality that people aren't actually 'forced' into large guilds, via a window when their character is created, and now saying farming MOTM will 'likely' get them a relic in a reasonable amount of time. That sir, is laughable. I rest my case about the argumentative stuff.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Oh. It didn't happen for you, so it's not feasible.

The relic drop rate should be extremely low. They're worth millions. You can still get one solo. If you want a better chance, you can choose to join a guild.

That's the way relics should be.