State of the game?

Ledz Epplin

Master
Hello all. Not qq'ing here, just wondering wft has been going on lately?

I grinded out points for the event that seemingly dissipated in to nothingness which I read we would all get to spend them on something. No Christmas hound out, but plenty of stuff on the vendors to buy with real money. Christmas mobs lose their color and apparently their loot because I've killed tons and not seen one drop after the first day since they lost their color.

No word from anyone about anything that I've seen.

Just curious what is up...........

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
My best guess is staff shortage and rl holiday stuff. Buvt id vthink people wivth mirc would have bevtvter clue.

Belge

Grandmaster
Everyones just been busy with IRL stuff.. its the busiest time of the year for most people. Shane stated that the giant event rewards will come in a week or two. There was a xmas event yesterday.. plus two or three contests on-going.. plus the most amazing raffle pretty much ever is running. Seems like quite a lot of stuff happening :)

p.s. theres been so many handouts recently.. who really needs another.. xmas or not.. everyone already got some nice handouts IRL.. I assume.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
As for Event points:
All event points from today will be nulled out we have decided. Today was a multiple boss finale event.
The points from the 3 week invasion over all will be separate from your "Battles" points.
We will post all the points, and within a week or two we will post and implement the rewards available!.
We will make an entire post on rewards and points when that time comes.

Posted Jan 18th.

lapj

Journeyman
I'm just glad the christmas grinch event happened. which quite honestly I didn't think it would, because the start date kept changing.

but it did. and I had a BLAST! and also, it gave me a chance to go deep into asylum dungeon. that place is nuts!

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all. Not qq'ing here, just wondering wft has been going on lately?

I grinded out points for the event that seemingly dissipated in to nothingness which I read we would all get to spend them on something. No Christmas hound out, but plenty of stuff on the vendors to buy with real money. Christmas mobs lose their color and apparently their loot because I've killed tons and not seen one drop after the first day since they lost their color.

No word from anyone about anything that I've seen.

Just curious what is up...........

Everyone kind of answered your questions here i think.

Thanks everyone.

@Shane whats the update on when we will get npc vendors to use our event points on from vesper?

It feels like lately and ill agree with the OP that things are kinda just meh.

Vesper event being a first I get that. Other than a item added to unique mobs the loot tables were still the same on them (gold, etc) even though they took xx times longer to kill.

Were barely any bosses throughout the event, up until the end.

Yesterdays event was blah almost a copy of last years?

In a sense it feels like IRL money is all you are concerned with right now. IE constantly updating dono vendors, putting dono coins on sale, and the abundance of raffles.

I truly am thankful for your server and ive donated a ton of money to it. With all this being said.

I can see where some people may feel the way the OP does.

Once again though, thank you for everything you're doing. Look forward to a new year.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
@Shane whats the update on when we will get npc vendors to use our event points on from vesper?

It feels like lately and ill agree with the OP that things are kinda just meh.

Vesper event being a first I get that. Other than a item added to unique mobs the loot tables were still the same on them (gold, etc) even though they took xx times longer to kill.

Were barely any bosses throughout the event, up until the end.

Yesterdays event was blah almost a copy of last years?

In a sense it feels like IRL money is all you are concerned with right now. IE constantly updating dono vendors, putting dono coins on sale, and the abundance of raffles.

I truly am thankful for your server and ive donated a ton of money to it. With all this being said.

I can see where some people may feel the way the OP does.

Once again though, thank you for everything you're doing. Look forward to a new year.

Okay so if i don't update the dono vendors people get upset, and if i update them, people get upset?

What you are seeing is the staff becoming more active, being more hands on- we have an expansion coming up, and we have revamped 2 very large systems just from the events we've done in the last 30 days.

I dunno man, i've played A LOT of private servers in my time and no server has ever set the bar like we have honestly.

Sorry you don't feel like we are doing enough, but we can't make everyone happy man.

All we can do is learn from shit and keep doing what we do.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Okay so if i don't update the dono vendors people get upset, and if i update them, people get upset?

What you are seeing is the staff becoming more active, being more hands on- we have an expansion coming up, and we have revamped 2 very large systems just from the events we've done in the last 30 days.

I dunno man, i've played A LOT of private servers in my time and no server has ever set the bar like we have honestly.

Sorry you don't feel like we are doing enough, but we can't make everyone happy man.

My irl buddy I got to start playing just spent like 400$ on dono's I am pretty sure he like's the vendor updates keep them coming he will keep spending
giphy.gif

Silly Santa

Grandmaster

It sounds like your "damned if you do" and "damned if you dont" update the vendors .. In retrospect - i think i speak for the majority of the community when i say that im just happy that uof has active staff that adds a lot of new content, systems, and events and that you also reinvest in your shard...unlike my prior shard ;)

Ripstas

Master
Personally I would love to see the vesper rewards. As for xmas mobs. They are dropping paint and chests. Can't confirm if rares are dropping in chests as they did last year. I assume they are.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Personally I would love to see the vesper rewards. As for xmas mobs. They are dropping paint and chests. Can't confirm if rares are dropping in chests as they did last year. I assume they are.

rares never dropped in chests, it was colored statues at a rate of 1/25 in the chests, same color/statue as the mob it was off

the rares like loin cloth, boots, masks that were also available as token reward items and the tokens themselves just dropped on the corpses.
and if they are dropping and the drop rate is scalar with the skin paint/chests then theres about 1 chance in hell that you'll get one this year.