Stealth at 100?

Joey Golden

Expert
I recently made a stealther to do some mining, I throw on some leather armor, start to stealth and boom im no longer able to stealth. what a surprise that was to me, I have played many severs and this is the first iv ever heard of such. I would like to be able to stealth in medablel armor. Not sure why that is not possible here, but its quite annoying to me, As told by a gm, can just make a dress/undress macro and use it like that, If that is the case, then why change it from the way it was?

I also would like to address why is it at 100 magery, I can fizzle to res/gate/flamestrike 10-15x in a row but there is no magery powerscrolls.. That doesn't make much sense to me either. atleast if was powerscrolls to not fail that would be fine, No need to make it do anymore damage for having say 120 magery, but b eing able to not fizzle would be great.

Suggestions -

Stealth - Allow to wear medable armor at 100 stealth.
Magery - Add powerscrolls to magery & or make it so you do not fail at max skill.. (If add powerscrolls keep same damage for spells as they are now at 100, Just at 120 you do not fizzle 10 times...)

thanks.

Dahee

Apprentice
If you cast spells from a scroll then you won't fizzle. It's a pain, but I think magery would be overpowered otherwise.

lollo

Grandmaster
It happened to me to fizzle EV 8 times in a row at gm magery but I guess i was just super unlucky.

Never fizzled a lvl7 more than 2 or max 3 times in a row tho.

Please DO NOT add magery powerscrolls.

As for stealthing with medable armour, that could be fixed

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I've had the unfortunate luck of fizzling up to almost a dozen EV's before. On the same token, I've managed to also successfully cast them many times in a row. At 100 magery your success rate for 7th circle spells is 95% I believe. 8th circle is 50%. I get the reason for no magery powerscrolls but it wouldn't hurt to bump the 8th circle to a 60-65% success rate. Why such a large difference from 7th-8th circle spells in terms of success rates? At 100 you are a Grandmaster. Grandmaster. Not Fizzlemaster.

lollo

Grandmaster
I've had the unfortunate luck of fizzling up to almost a dozen EV's before. On the same token, I've managed to also successfully cast them many times in a row. At 100 magery your success rate for 7th circle spells is 95% I believe. 8th circle is 50%. I get the reason for no magery powerscrolls but it wouldn't hurt to bump the 8th circle to a 60-65% success rate. Why such a large difference from 7th-8th circle spells in terms of success rates? At 100 you are a Grandmaster. Grandmaster. Not Fizzlemaster.

my record was 13 successful EVs in a row, while standing on the same tile, killing a rotting corpse paragon

use scrolls. no fail. .. Stealth already has great perks on this shard aka the ability to instant stealth once hidden no skill cooldown. You do not even need to Use skill stealth it will just do it once you start walking hidden. You get unlimited steps. You can also see other stealthers as long as you are partied.

Tuckerace

Apprentice
use scrolls. no fail. .. Stealth already has great perks on this shard aka the ability to instant stealth once hidden no skill cooldown. You do not even need to Use skill stealth it will just do it once you start walking hidden. You get unlimited steps. You can also see other stealthers as long as you are partied.
You still need Margery for Mage scrolls correct ?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Agreed, no powerscrolls for magery. Always make sure you are well fed to help your odds, and/or use scrolls. As far as stealth, I know you can wear meddable armor and still stealth, but only up to a certain amount of AR. Like others have said, why would you need armor why stealth mining?

SidX

Grandmaster
...At 100 magery your success rate for 7th circle spells is 95% I believe. 8th circle is 50%...
Is that true? I have a gater that gates to my shop from Brit Bank and he has 100.0 Magery. However, he has almost a 40-50% fizzle rate on Gate spell when cast from the spellbook. Using scrolls is too costly and time consuming to produce compared to regs, and I think this failure rate is ridiculous for a GM mage on a 7th circle spell. I keep him fed and hydrated as well. I must be one unlucky ***** if the success rate is 95%.

Rendex

Expert
It is I believe, it's 75% roughly to scribe gate scrolls and 50% to scribe energy vortex spells. Scribing success rates seems to mirror casting success rates.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Maybe I was looking at a table for magery that doesn't match this shard's statistics with the skill. Regardless I think it's silly to fizzle spells as a grandmaster, at least repeatedly. Using these parameters Gandalf would be fucking useless.

Thaoden

Journeyman
I recently made a stealther to do some mining, I throw on some leather armor, start to stealth and boom im no longer able to stealth. what a surprise that was to me, I have played many severs and this is the first iv ever heard of such. I would like to be able to stealth in medablel armor. Not sure why that is not possible here, but its quite annoying to me, As told by a gm, can just make a dress/undress macro and use it like that, If that is the case, then why change it from the way it was?

I also would like to address why is it at 100 magery, I can fizzle to res/gate/flamestrike 10-15x in a row but there is no magery powerscrolls.. That doesn't make much sense to me either. atleast if was powerscrolls to not fail that would be fine, No need to make it do anymore damage for having say 120 magery, but b eing able to not fizzle would be great.

Suggestions -

Stealth - Allow to wear medable armor at 100 stealth.
Magery - Add powerscrolls to magery & or make it so you do not fail at max skill.. (If add powerscrolls keep same damage for spells as they are now at 100, Just at 120 you do not fizzle 10 times...)

thanks.
Feed your character for the magery aspect. Magery power scrolls would unbalance pvp. Flamestrike is meant to be a gamble spell i believe as well as EV's unless you carry scrolls. stick to level 6 if its crucial, level 7 if your gambling on luck or scrolls if your not into gambling. I try to carry 5 or so EV scrolls on me for when pks show up, I made about 800 while gming inscription so yea. If i am PVPing i like to have a couple FS's as well, you can set up a macro using UOsteam to use the scroll just like casting any other spell. Just use the stack serial and not the graphics. Now the stealthing with armor should be fixxed, i was going to increase my stealth to gm on my stealth archor and just carry magic mirror scrolls on me so i could still use the ability at 25 magery.