Stop Defense Talisman abuse

Modus

Master
The Defense Talisman is absolutely abused in PVP by people who dont get jack damage by monsters and have a major advantage in fights at spawns. Is that what it is supposed to be? Support PK equipment? Nah i dont think so - if a PVP action is done, the talisman should be deactivated.

tankian

Grandmaster
defense talisman does not work in pvp. what make you think it does. first of all people are wearing 130+ ar with parry so what is it exactly you think is broken. even if they dont have a talisman they still have on invuln 138 ar with parry. of course you will have trouble hitting them with parry and if you do, they will take little damage due to the high ar they are wearing,

Lithium149

Grandmaster
It isn't only that, you probably saw one of them on a Valorite swampy too taking 20% less damage from spawn.

But they are taking less damage from MONSTERs not players.

Long story short try leveling one of those best bet is you give up within a week, the grind is excruciating and the way relics gain at the moment you'd be lucky to have it finished within a year doing it legally(not macroing.)

Modus

Master
It isn't only that, you probably saw one of them on a Valorite swampy too taking 20% less damage from spawn.

But they are taking less damage from MONSTERs not players.

Long story short try leveling one of those best bet is you give up within a week, the grind is excruciating and the way relics gain at the moment you'd be lucky to have it finished within a year doing it legally(not macroing.)

Thats why this starts to show up now, yes, it takes time.

It is a major advantage tho when you can just fight versus people for example in destard like you are inbetween some mongbats.

Lithium149

Grandmaster

It is a major advantage tho when you can just fight versus people for example in destard like you are inbetween some mongbats.

Hmm, with that logic I suggest we also reduce damage op Meta pets do to players by 50% so I don't get nearly one hit by your walking flame strike machine.

Modus

Master
Hmm, with that logic I suggest we also reduce damage op Meta pets do to players by 50% so I don't get nearly one hit by your walking flame strike machine.

There is no major difference between that one or a deathbeetle tbh, you know well how to disable pets in a combat with spawn arround, do you?

tankian

Grandmaster
If you're trying to pk someone who is farming using pets or meta dexxer, you as a pk are taking a risk by going into a dungeon filled with pets and monsters, nothing is broken no one is cheating or exploiting. No talismans need deactivated just so you have a better chance to pk someone. You need to be a better pk.

... he's not talking about pking people. He's talking about pks using the talisman to run in between mobs without taking a lot of damage. Like when destard champ is up. A common tactic for pks that get overwhelmed is to run through the mobs on the south side and escape.

Fattson

Grandmaster
... he's not talking about pking people. He's talking about pks using the talisman to run in between mobs without taking a lot of damage. Like when destard champ is up. A common tactic for pks that get overwhelmed is to run through the mobs on the south side and escape.
So mobs are doing less damage to the player who leveled the talisman.

Isn't that its intended purpose?

I'm confused.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member

Exactly.

I've honestly heard this issue a lot in the last couple months. This was never intended to effect PvP what so ever, and it shouldn't. However if by some fluke way we made it that it does, and can be altered a bit to make certain templates better in that area then i think we should look into that too.

This is the point of the defense talisman, and pk's are just now seeing its use.
You really can't/arent able to use the defense talisman in PvP situations, however if you're in a huge pvm situation and get attacked or are attacking/forced into a pvp situation on your defensive warrior, then all mobs hitting you during that PvP battle hit the defensive talisman / pvm area., those
IT really comes down to the situation, if OP was killed by a defensive talisman warrior in an area with tons of mobs while he was on his tamer with a maxed meta pet then that changes the entire view of the original issue. By fluke, it seems that defensive talisman have been a good balance against Meta tamers.

I could be wrong thought, and its something we want to look more into so keep giving feedback for sure.

Vorax

Grandmaster
I think as long as players are doing the amount of damage players are meant to do, while monsters do less, its working as it was intended, and isn't something we should come to the forums saying "This needs fixed!"

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Exactly.

I've honestly heard this issue a lot in the last couple months. This was never intended to effect PvP what so ever, and it shouldn't. However if by some fluke way we made it that it does, and can be altered a bit to make certain templates better in that area then i think we should look into that too.

This is the point of the defense talisman, and pk's are just now seeing its use.
You really can't/arent able to use the defense talisman in PvP situations, however if you're in a huge pvm situation and get attacked or are attacking/forced into a pvp situation on your defensive warrior, then all mobs hitting you during that PvP battle hit the defensive talisman / pvm area., those
IT really comes down to the situation, if OP was killed by a defensive talisman warrior in an area with tons of mobs while he was on his tamer with a maxed meta pet then that changes the entire view of the original issue. By fluke, it seems that defensive talisman have been a good balance against Meta tamers.

I could be wrong thought, and its something we want to look more into so keep giving feedback for sure.

It isn't a huge issue outside of dungeons but pretty hard to put a stipulation on it to turn on/off as people will just harass eachother in some shape or form.

Right now I just started a defense talisman but haven't gotten any relics/levels or even started PvP situations with it, but I have been fighting armies of dragons with out it and I practically get two hit by a level 7 meta even wearing full invul, Melee + fire breath damage is practically a wombo combo and that is only ONE pet, imagine multiples.

If the defense relic is the only counter to that then I hold my stance and say let it stay because pets are far too over powered.

Caso

Grandmaster
Wrong. I kill maxed out lv7 meta tamers with my lv4 defence relic character or ones without any relic. It generally comes down to the player. 90% of maxed lv7 meta tamers are utterly ******** and would die to a young player with 50 swords. Don't cry nurfs when you're a bad player.

Carry armour and potions, you should never die 1vs1 to a dexer with this.

Holding down recall in a panic fit whilst spamming all follow me for 30 seconds whilst aimlessly running in circles is not a survival tactic. Then said newbs have the audacity to come here and cry for a nurf.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Wrong. I kill maxed out lv7 meta tamers with my lv4 defence relic character or ones without any relic. It generally comes down to the player. 90% of maxed lv7 meta tamers are utterly ******** and would die to a young player with 50 swords. Don't cry nurfs when you're a bad player.

Holding down recall in a panic fit whilst spamming all follow me for 30 seconds whilst aimlessly running in circles is not a survival tactic. Then said newbs have the audacity to come here and cry for a nurf.

Yeah well like i said it ALL comes down to certain situations and you need to remember to try to cover as many situations as you can when doing these meta's.

Before this, everyone was complaining about meta tamers being too strong/ having issues pvping them in certain situations.

So i guess this is a good balance, it may need to be altered but it's a good balance against meta tamers.

steve-o

Grandmaster
lol who are the guys with a metapet and a pvp template? maybe 4 in all the server... (80% are in $)

how can you not kill a defenceless pvm tamer without any wrestling/eval int with an alchy dexer? and you need a defensive talisman for it?

the defensive talisman is OP and a broke mechanic that people abuse in all dungeons. If you can't see it... well you have a big problem.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Isn't it just a necessary consequence of the nature of the relic? To mitigate spawn damage?

What is the fix, deactivate 100% of the talisman benefits if flagged against players?

That sounds messy.

lollo

Grandmaster

...just gonna leave this here...

big_boon_gorilla_1.png

Anyways I agree, 90% of the tamer would die anyways, i kill loads of meta tamers solo on my alchy poison dexer every day. It's just hard when they got wrestle and a good AR

Last edited by a moderator: