Stop Defense Talisman abuse

quick_n_dirty

Journeyman
My opinion: reds / criminals should not be able to wear talisman... If you are red u can´t wear it, if you go gray it drops to bag. risk vs rewad *bäm* CASE CLOSED o_O

tankian

Grandmaster
"90%of maxed lv7 meta tamers are utterly ******** and would die to a young player with 50 swords. Don't cry nurfs when you're a bad player."

"Anyways I agree, 90% of the tamer would die anyways, i kill loads of meta tamers solo on my alchy poison dexer every day. It's just hard when they got wrestle and a good AR"

Those are what a couple people said in previous replies above
@Shane @eppy @halygon see the truth comes out. First people cry tamers are to over Powered and need speed reduced now we sux and are easy kills

Last edited by a moderator:

Modus

Master
why not doing a mechanism like that: the benefits from talisman dont work while flagging grey. It would also work for reds, i dont see why no red person should carry a talisman, but when you go actively in the pvp situation and flag "grey" as a red, it should work the same way as for blue players and just be deactivated in that time window.

StegcO

Grandmaster
I agree

EDIT if become Grey maybe dont start the 15 min cooldown?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Modus

Master
He is speaking of Heli I assume..

lol.

i dont care about a certain person, but if you are not able to seperate game and flame, go to the PVP section, there you surely find people who are willing to spend time arguing with you like in kindergarten.

"90%of maxed lv7 meta tamers are utterly ******** and would die to a young player with 50 swords. Don't cry nurfs when you're a bad player."

"Anyways I agree, 90% of the tamer would die anyways, i kill loads of meta tamers solo on my alchy poison dexer every day. It's just hard when they got wrestle and a good AR"

Those are what a couple people said in previous replies above
@Shane @eppy @halygon see the truth comes out. First people cry tamers are to over Powered and need speed reduced now we sux and are easy kills
Having a powerful pet doesn't instantly make you a pvp god, which is why so many tamers are easy kills - they just suck at pvp and sometimes cannot recall fast enough. Pet movement speed doesn't change this fact.

Don't be so butthurt over a balancing the staff did to make the field even for everyone.

The Defense Talisman is absolutely abused in PVP by people who dont get jack damage by monsters and have a major advantage in fights at spawns. Is that what it is supposed to be? Support PK equipment? Nah i dont think so - if a PVP action is done, the talisman should be deactivated.
For the OP - Seriously? So a PK shouldn't be able to have the same defensive benefits you can have? Where is the fairness in that? Defensive talismans providing protection vs mobs is exactly what it should do regardless of your notoriety.

they could have fixed the pet speed in pvp situations not outside of that
How would that have looked? Them speed up pets to the same speed as non-pvp pets? Turbo speed pvp pets? That's how it was originally.

Bottom line, pet movement speed isn't getting you pk'd - its just an annoyance for tamers that liked the old speed better.

tankian

Grandmaster
yes pet speed doesnt get me pk'd. and i rarely get pk'd b4 or after the change. yes the new speed change is a big annoyance. thats why i say once flagged or engaged in pvp activity. the pet speed will decrease at that time and outside of being in pvp, pet speed should remain like it has always been in the past
and since the change in pet speed. i rarely use my pets for farming and havent logged on to play much anymore. no enjoy in it when i have to stop and wait for my pet every 10 tiles because it stops and i have to run back to get it numerous times.
dragons, WW's and meta dragons have never teleported to the owner while running, maybe just mounts and death beetles / those are the only ones that should have had speed nerfed

yes pet speed doesnt get me pk'd. and i rarely get pk'd b4 or after the change. yes the new speed change is a big annoyance. thats why i say once flagged or engaged in pvp activity. the pet speed will decrease at that time and outside of being in pvp, pet speed should remain like it has always been in the past
and since the change in pet speed. i rarely use my pets for farming and havent logged on to play much anymore. no enjoy in it when i have to stop and wait for my pet every 10 tiles because it stops and i have to run back to get it numerous times.
dragons, WW's and meta dragons have never teleported to the owner while running, maybe just mounts and death beetles / those are the only ones that should have had speed nerfed
Nah they all did. I've been chased down by them.

If they did as you suggested, people would be chased down still. The attacker just wouldn't initiate pvp until they ready to drop. On the flip side, as a PK, I would just attack as soon as I got on screen so that pets would move slower.

tankian

Grandmaster
Nah they all did. I've been chased down by them.
thats not true, so many times a thief stole from me at skara and i would run after him with my meta dragon and my pet would be way behind me and eventually off screen. only my mare and death beetle would keep up. you must be a slow runner

thats not true, so many times a thief stole from me at skara and i would run after him with my meta dragon and my pet would be way behind me and eventually off screen. only my mare and death beetle would keep up. you must be a slow runner
I must be.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Should just deactive your talismen if you flag as an aggressor on someone -- be it factions or PKing. Forcing people to grind up hundreds of hours to have the best PVP template is pretty anti-UO(same way in that meta pets in PVP are the same as regular pets and bezerker talismen and meta mage talismen do not affect PVP).

Modus

Master
Should just deactive your talismen if you flag as an aggressor on someone -- be it factions or PKing. Forcing people to grind up hundreds of hours to have the best PVP template is pretty anti-UO(same way in that meta pets in PVP are the same as regular pets and bezerker talismen and meta mage talismen do not affect PVP).

thats a good point.

Caso

Grandmaster
...just gonna leave this here...

big_boon_gorilla_1.png

Anyways I agree, 90% of the tamer would die anyways, i kill loads of meta tamers solo on my alchy poison dexer every day. It's just hard when they got wrestle and a good AR
You killed me when I was afk u fucking idiot. I came back dped and 30 percent life. I have 0 wrestling on my tamer and you would never ever kill that character 1vs1 even though I have 0 wrestle if I was not afk to start with. I came back after dealing with a nagging fiancé to find myself almost dead.

Funniest part of that screeny was u ran away and didn't even loot me. I came back on a red and you BLUE SCOUTED MY CORPSE.

Caso

Grandmaster
Point is. If you have pots and armour you'll never die even with 0 wrestle. That screenshot besides a few other afk kills are the only time I die and I have 0 wrestle (in a 1vs1). Non afk no one has ever killed my tamer 1vs1 and I don't even have a lv7. Fark it's a lv5!!!

Taming is more powerful. It's the newbie of the player that dies.

I don't even have a def talisman on most my chars. Only one char has lv4. Don't even notice the differenxe