SUGGESTION: Expand bounty-hunter system with Tracking & Forensic Eval

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I'm not 1000% sure how the bounty system works in game as of now. From what I understand, you kill a red -- any red -- and then sell his head to the proper NPC for a cash bounty (or use it to give the red/PK stat loss). This is what I read in the FAQ.

However this system (as great as it is) does not take into account hunting down the red beforehand. It is simply a way to profit off of killing random reds. I wish it were possible to make a build with Tracking and Forensic Eval, and I could use these skills together somehow to detect reds from afar or track down specific, well-known PK's.

My proposition is something like this:

I go to the bounty board at WBB and see a list of the top 10 PK's. I select one, let's say, the #1 PK. He is now my "mark". Now with GM forensic eval, anyone who was killed by that mark in the last 2 days would show an icon above their heads to me. I could question/interview these players as to when and where the PK happened, ask for info on the PK's build or attack methods, etc. This way I could slowly piece together where this #1 PK likes to hunt and learn his favorite spots. Also, with GM tracking, I could passively detect if the marked PK has been in my area within the last hour (eg, "[PK's name] has been here recently... I can feel it..." displayed at the bottom of screen when I enter a new area).

This would give blue-oriented players a new build to enjoy, and make reds think twice before climbing the ranks into the top 10, as now dedicated bounty hunters can have their pick of you. The idea for this is to make a mixed PvM/PvP build for players who enjoy both styles of play. It's great having a PvP template but I don't want ALL combat, ALL the time, and this would give some nice build-up that mixes exploration & player interaction in with the inevitable PvP battles.

Last edited by a moderator:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
This has to be one of the best thought out ideas I've ever seen on these forums, hands down. You sir, have my support. This is exactly the thing I've been talking about in other threads; stopping with the pokemon stuff and getting some other skills looked at for development. Bravo!!

+1

Edit: I'm going to follow this thread closely. Please pitch the idea to the devs man. This rocks hard. Times like these I really wish there was a love button instead of like.

+1 again.

Last edited by a moderator: