T Mapper Build...what you think

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
So im going to try this Build and use my Tamer as spawn killer. Let me know what you all think

Magery
Meditation
Lockpick
Cartography
Hiding
Item ID
Discordance - (to help with paras)

I will be using a meta steed and meta drag with all the relics

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
discord will not work without music. I would go with something like this:

Carto - 70 (all you need)
Lockpick - 100
Music - 100
Discordance - 100
Animal Lore - 100
Vet - 100
Item Id - 100 (can loot and id right out of the chest)

Remaining 30 points take whatever you want. No magery required on a pure support char imo.

oneSLOWex

Adept
My t hunter has Margery,med,resist,Provo,music, lockpick, and carto all at 100. I can solo pretty well with it. You just have to be careful when you get to the last mobs so you don't end up with one alone and nothing to Provo on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n0xh

Journeyman
My T-hunter has the following:
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Hiding
100 Provocation
100 Music

I use my Tamer to kill spawn as well. Dropping provo for discord isn't a bad idea actually.

oneSLOWex

Adept
Thx for the tips I'm going to try and start to build one tonight

If you don't have a rune to the bard table and you're doing provo, I'm pretty sure the house just outside moonglow front gate has one. If you can't find one and I can log on I can mark one for you as well.

halygon

Grandmaster
My T-hunter has the following:
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Hiding
100 Provocation
100 Music

I use my Tamer to kill spawn as well. Dropping provo for discord isn't a bad idea actually.
This is what I use on my t-mapper and have no problems. Provo them all and any left over get EVs thrown at them. Top tier maps are real slow unless you have a tamer friend (or char) to help out.

Ledz Epplin

Master
Hiding is a waste.

Before digging use magery to launch a couple EV's, or a demon and an EV, dig your chest, and haul arse once it pops. Mage cast invis do drop any chasers, or better yet, have another account there to cast invis on you, then go back and provo and collect the loots.

Too easy and you get 100 pts to spend elsewhere.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Yeah I don't need Provo or hiding I don't think. My tamer is a Provo, and I can cast hide on the digger...and if he die I'll just Rez em

n0xh

Journeyman
Hiding definitely isn't useless on a t-mapper especially if you dual client and have another char. You can time it so you hide perfectly 100% of the time, then you can get to work on your other char to kill the spawn.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
my thunter

100 carto
100 lockpick
100 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 hiding
100 stealth

some of you people say 70 carto is all you need, but i kind of like having a rare GM skill since theres no skill scrolls for carto

this build also is good for stealthing around dungeons and getting chests when you're tired of dealing with pks and camped farm spots

bard skills on a t hunter make no sense to me... PROTIP - summmoning EV and Demons and trying to hide when you pop the chest is completely POINTLESS! you can dig for the chest while MOUNTED if you shift click your tmap to pull up the context menu - you literally choose Dig for Treasure, and you stay mounted. so you just run away from the spawn, hide, kill spawn with dual cliented pvmer

oneSLOWex

Adept
my thunter

100 carto
100 lockpick
100 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 hiding
100 stealth

some of you people say 70 carto is all you need, but i kind of like having a rare GM skill since theres no skill scrolls for carto

this build also is good for stealthing around dungeons and getting chests when you're tired of dealing with pks and camped farm spots

bard skills on a t hunter make no sense to me... PROTIP - summmoning EV and Demons and trying to hide when you pop the chest is completely POINTLESS! you can dig for the chest while MOUNTED if you shift click your tmap to pull up the context menu - you literally choose Dig for Treasure, and you stay mounted. so you just run away from the spawn, hide, kill spawn with dual cliented pvmer

With Provo you can solo most maps so you don't need to dual client and if you get into maps where you need a tamer or other char as well, having Provo keeps mobs from attacking either of your chars.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
With Provo you can solo most maps so you don't need to dual client and if you get into maps where you need a tamer or other char as well, having Provo keeps mobs from attacking either of your chars.

I can kill shit waaay faster with my berserker than provoking

why would you have your tamer or whatever standing by the box when an ancient wyrm spawns by itself, and then try to provoke it off? wtf what are you going to provoke it to? onto the tamer's pet? before either of you get 1 shot?

oneSLOWex

Adept
I can kill shit waaay faster with my berserker than provoking

also how you gonna kill an ancient wyrm that spawned by itself with provo?
Didn't say every map could be solo'd. Also not everyone has a zerker. If you don't, having Provo on your t hunter is really easy to do.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Didn't say every map could be solo'd. Also not everyone has a zerker. If you don't, having Provo on your t hunter is really easy to do.

you can solo any chest with a no talisman archer with slayer bows and bandages - just throwing that out there for anyone wanting to be a t hunter and thinking you need provoking and a tamer =./

edit.. ok other than certain paragons, but you can always kite them off and skip killing them

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Hiding is a waste.

Before digging use magery to launch a couple EV's, or a demon and an EV, dig your chest, and haul arse once it pops. Mage cast invis do drop any chasers, or better yet, have another account there to cast invis on you, then go back and provo and collect the loots.

Too easy and you get 100 pts to spend elsewhere.
I use hiding when doing dungeon chests or hiding while my alt kills mobs. For a build with zero wrestling and zero resisting spells, hiding is a godsend.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I use hiding when doing dungeon chests or hiding while my alt kills mobs. For a build with zero wrestling and zero resisting spells, hiding is a godsend.

fact, hiding and stealth especially is very op..sometimes I creep around dungeons just watching people, breathing heavily, they don't know I'm watching... yeahhh

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Carto 71.0 (68.1 SR)
Eval 31.9
Hiding 100
Lockpicking 100
Magery 100
Med 100
Resist 100
Stealth 100

I can do any t-map with this build, open any chest in a dungeon or paragon, level 1-3 solo, 4 if i really feel like it. Level 5 and 6 I run my provo tamer with little or no problems unless a ugly AW paragon pops :)

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Here's what I do especially on high level chests:
Have my tamer with meta pet and ww. (provo tamer)
Have my guy to dig it up, unlock it, and then go log out and switch to defense dexxer.
I use my defense dexxer to loot the chest and he's wearing full invuln. He can survive for awhile as I provoke everything. Works pretty well for me.