T-mapper template for lvl4 maps (not a tamer)

darthdeus

Journeyman
I have a large number of lvl4 tmaps and wanted to build a char to do them (so far I don't really care/plan on doing lvl5/6), which leads me to a few questions.

There are lots of threads talking about a provo-mage tmapper. It is kinda obvious that I'd need provo to do this, then I also need 92 lockpick and 61 cartography according to the wiki, which leaves me with 3.5 more skills. If I do the mage, that is:

- music
- provo
- lockpick
- cartography
- magery
- meditation
- ???

One one hand it might seem sensible to take resist, but I don't want to optimize not dying, I want to optimize the speed at which I can do the tmaps.

Now is the question of peacemaking. What if I only have one mob left and he dispels a lot? Do I lure him away and paralyze, loot the chest and run? Or would it be more helpful to just keep peacing him while I loot and get another mob to provo him onto? Peace could also theoretically help me by peacing a mob while EVs hit him, but he'd probably get unpeaced too fast? I'd like some input on this, I've mostly used peace defensively, and almost never with EVs.

Now comes the real question ... do I really want a mage? What if I add archery/tact to the mix and cast EVs while using a bow? This seemed like a good idea at first, but then I wouldn't be able to meditate while shooting (I think), and the lost meditation time (and potential EVs) might end up costing me more than the dmg I do with the bow.

TL;DR: How do I build a T-mapper that can consistently and quickly do lvl4 tmaps, without using a tamer? (I do have a tamer, but gating him in to each map is not something I want to do), I'd like the t-mapper to solo everything if at all possible, in the safest & quickest manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimok

Master
1. Fishing
2. Cartography
3. Lockpicking
4. Provocation
5. Musicianship
6. Magery
7. Meditation
was what was on the all in one treasure map hunter on the templates post.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
another setup I've seen is:
Mage, peace(raise peace to 115), provo(raise to 105), music, lock-picking at 100, cart at 70, med at 80, resist at 50.

works good from what i hear. i do this but have only gone up to lvl 3 tmaps so i don't know how lvl 4 would go. but peace does help for what I've done. also after you get the chest up and invis so you can pull names to provo easier. i usually bring a silver harp in case liches pop. makes placing/ provoing them much easier so you can always switch what instrument you play to help out also

Stabwound

Novice
I do level 3-4 maps successfully with:

100 Mag
100 Eval
100 Music
100 Provo
100 Lockpick
70 Resist
70 Cart
60 Med

I'm thinking about dropping Eval for hiding though.