TAILORING DISCUSSION

Bomby

Grandmaster
Hey UO community Bomby here.

I want to talk about when you use tailoring to craft clothing.

Yes, if you are a newb tailor it does feel fun to mark something you've made. And if you bless it, it probably has more value to you now than others. No one really wants a mark if they are buying clothing for themselves. I'm just throwing out some pointers here for new players. So don't mark if you ever choose to sell, it will be more desirable and maybe retain its value. Also, craft in the crafters area it uses less materials, probably get hiding on your crafter so you can craft safely.

Now I want to tell you the most important thing about making clothing. Making the clothing unexceptional.
I feel this makes all the difference in retaining desirability and value. I get a tailor really low to the point where the percentage is a good chance that it will come out unexceptional, hense making it more appealing, not even being gm, being lower than 20 skill.
I encourage the community to try this and save yourself some problems for later on when trying to sell their wares.

1. it looks clean, its not marked or exceptional, plain and simple and pimpy.
2. now if you choose to sell, someone will be 100% more inclined to buy, rather then being deterred
3. it now matches with other items that are only just [blessed]
4. it shows you actually worked to accomplish something a lil more challenging

So I hope this is good info for anyone choosing to craft clothing. The clothing market is dropping right now, 1/8/2015, and I feel this will help start the standard of what to make and sell in turn helping the market to retain value.

best tailoring thread courtesy Dwyane Wade and Kestonian: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/d-wades-bod-cloth-guide.48781/