taming/lore learning curve?

Sayler

Neophyte
When training taming, should you lock your animal lore gains at some point to gain taming faster? I'm at 100 lore, 72.5 taming (66ish real)... should I have limited lore to stay closer to my real taming skill to get faster gains? and if so, should I seesaw it back down?

thx

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
When training taming, should you lock your animal lore gains at some point to gain taming faster? I'm at 100 lore, 72.5 taming (66ish real)... should I have limited lore to stay closer to my real taming skill to get faster gains? and if so, should I seesaw it back down?

thx
its been a while for me...but i macroed lore to gm then i worked on taming. i dont think it matters.

taming is just slow no matter what. just stay full and drink water

Sayler

Neophyte
didn't know about the water. cant believe how long taming takes! seemed an awful lot shorter on the original server. guess I'll keep on trucking. thanks again=)

JackPalance

Master
I feel Ya on that one. It is definitely a grind. There is a point when you hit the 90s where it is actually more efficient time wise to farm with pets and buy the skill scrolls. When I did it, I had Provo maxed first so that I could switch things up gameplay wise when I got sick of taming things on ice isle.

Sayler

Neophyte
Ice isle is killing my soul. I've gmmed lockpicking and almost magery, so have been doing some mid level tmaps to break up the monotony, but I seriously would shed no tears if every polar bear and walrus vanished off the face of the IRL planet. I have one taming scroll I got off a snow ele that i'm saving, but i'm a LONG way from a point where using it would be practical, lol. Seriously, with a job and a family and other obligations, this could totally take well into next year. I'm actually considering selling some dono coins for a scroll boost, just to feel like i'm making progress.

but that first tamed dragon's gonna feel SO good...

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
tame in dungeons...i never tamed outside except in the 50s and 60s. you get a dungeon skill gain bonus.

get peacemaking... make a hotkey for peace. make a hotkey with peace last target. then make 2 more hot keys. one for use taming skill, the other for use taming skill last target.

hit ur peace button and target the mob. then ur taming hot key and target the mob. after u fail, spam ur taming last target hotkey until it tames. once it goes aggro again...spam ur peace last target key. repeat til u get the tame, then kill it.

whats ur taming at?

Sayler

Neophyte
tame in dungeons...i never tamed outside except in the 50s and 60s. you get a dungeon skill gain bonus.

get peacemaking... make a hotkey for peace. make a hotkey with peace last target. then make 2 more hot keys. one for use taming skill, the other for use taming skill last target.

hit ur peace button and target the mob. then ur taming hot key and target the mob. after u fail, spam ur taming last target hotkey until it tames. once it goes aggro again...spam ur peace last target key. repeat til u get the tame, then kill it.

whats ur taming at?
how much peacing?

how much peacing?

I went with gm peace until i got my taming where i wanted it. taming hellcats then lava liz is the way to go past 70. and scorps are probably the easiest way to get from 60ish to 70. i tamed lava liz all the way to 115. huge pain in the ass but quicker than bulls or anything else you will find. then once your comfy at where you wanna be for taming drop peace and pick up provo.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
I went with gm peace until i got my taming where i wanted it. taming hellcats then lava liz is the way to go past 70. and scorps are probably the easiest way to get from 60ish to 70. i tamed lava liz all the way to 115. huge pain in the ass but quicker than bulls or anything else you will find. then once your comfy at where you wanna be for taming drop peace and pick up provo.
100 percent agree
how much peacing?
gm it. drop vet. u need gm music for peace. run that until ur absolutely done taming (or when u begin to use SS's). then drop peace down and bring vet back up.

100 percent agree

gm it. drop vet. u need gm music for peace. run that until ur absolutely done taming (or when u begin to use SS's). then drop peace down and bring vet back up.

That way also works depending on your build. i had the 100 for provo saved already so i just did peace then switched when i was done taming.

Sayler

Neophyte
This is a t-map char-- I was going to do a tamer-mage with gm lockpicking & magery & 70 cartography (and of course the requisite tame/lore/vet). I'm ok with adding peacing and music for now, of course, and I'm grateful for the advice, but I'm loathe to just dump the progress I've made on some of these skills just to have to retrain them again (and equally loathe to dump peacing once it gets that high, probably). Does this char have soulstones or something equivalent. And if so, where can I find them?

not that i know of...and peace is reallllly easy up luckily. a few hours of macroing and you will be good to go. as for the rest...dropping vet is probably the easiest to get back up.

Sayler

Neophyte
done and done. got the macro going, everything set up in skills, plenty of tambourines. thanks yall for the input=)