Taming of Greater Dragons?

Kawkaw

Novice
I remember back in 2013, we were told that Greater Dragon taming was disabled on UOF because they were "too strong", but Greater Dragons were always tamable on OSI with 104.7 taming. They took 5 control slots and yes, they packed a mean punch.

But currently the tamer PvM scene is completely dominated by the "haves" (120 taming PS, level 7 meta dragon with relics etc). A Greater Dragon is no match for this, and also wouldn't allow the tamer to mount.

Obviously the 70+ damage Greater Dragon firebreath should be replaced by a regular dragon ~40 damage firebreath, but isn't it about time to allow those of us that can't put 40 million into a tamer some more power than just a drag/beetle+ww?

The Greater Dragon is a good middle ground that would make the 105-115 tamers have something to look forward to that isn't the massive Meta Dragon gold sink.

Kawkaw

Novice
I think this is a good idea however, why nerf the firebreath? I say keep the firebreath.

My suggestion to nerf the firebreath is for PvP reasons. In its current form it'd deal 75 damage in one go (Unless breath isn't active in PvP here? In that case, keep the breath).

Well they can do like they do for the Metas, nerf some stuff for pvp but for pvm i think you should be able to keep it , would be no different than the weakest damage dealing relic. , but for pvp relics and the powerfulness of it does not work. @Kawkaw

Kawkaw

Novice
with 110 taming you can use death beetle + nightmare

I already mentioned beetle in my original post, however the Greater Dragon always served a somewhat different purpose than the normal pure damage pets. It completely removed the ability to mount with it out (taking 5 control slots), but it gave you a massive beast of a tank, with up to 1998 hp at max (average was around 15-1600).

It also requires significantly less taming than a beetle (104.7 vs 115) and is on a much much shorter respawn timer (10-15 minutes vs 24 hours).

I'm not saying they should be able to complete with Meta+steed/ww for damage, and probably even do somewhat less damage than beetle+ww, but pure damage was never the role you'd try to fill with a Greater. It was a tanky beast with a massive, massive HP pool.

[Legato]

Master
I like it. The DB i heard respawns every 4 days, not 24 hours. a greater dragon would be a nice slot to have. Maybe make it a bit weaker and do 4 slots, that way its not directly competing with the lvl 6/7 metas

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I have to agree with 'take-a-spill-otro' on this one. 70 damage firebreath is fine if you're using all 5 slots IMO.

AssHat

Grandmaster
i kinda like this, gives someone a chance to farm with out a high end meta + relic. at least make it a 5 slot.

Kawkaw

Novice
i kinda like this, gives someone a chance to farm with out a high end meta + relic. at least make it a 5 slot.

It was 5 slot on OSI, which is why I suggested this. The problem there came with multiple tamers in PvP, as you could literally kill someone with a double firebreath.

The greater dragon fills a niche without taking it away from any other combination of tames. If you have the meta, it will almost always be the most useful. If you want pure damage you can beetle+ww. If you want to have a meat shield with decent damage and good (PvM) firebreath, you have the Greater Dragon. Which will also be useful if someone else has a beetle (or now even meta spider) with poison in group situations.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
It was 5 slot on OSI, which is why I suggested this. The problem there came with multiple tamers in PvP, as you could literally kill someone with a double firebreath.

The greater dragon fills a niche without taking it away from any other combination of tames. If you have the meta, it will almost always be the most useful. If you want pure damage you can beetle+ww. If you want to have a meat shield with decent damage and good (PvM) firebreath, you have the Greater Dragon. Which will also be useful if someone else has a beetle (or now even meta spider) with poison in group situations.

Just buy the meta spider !

And its time for a spider firebreathe buff similar to a GREATER DRAGON FIREBREATHE !

I have to agree with 'take-a-spill-otro' on this one. 70 damage firebreath is fine if you're using all 5 slots IMO.

4 slot spider is currently 28 hp firebreathe which is plain bad without magery

@eppy !

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ohh eppy, eppy, eppy, eppy.

eppy.

my god, mage.

Why is a spider breathing fire??

what they should really do with the meta spiders is introduce a new tier of poison, which affects all mobs and is difficult for them to cure, and which players seriously struggle to cure.

Or poison spit breath, like some kind of green gooey fireball. Let's get some realism in this old wizard game please.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Well at least there was one picture of a fire breathing spider that wasn't mechanical on the internet.

xKGl9Oo.png

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ehh fuck it why not. Something else to have besides a beetle. Would have to have higher req but no nerf to the fire breath to keep them relatively on par with a DB (probably works out close to even)

If a DB has more oomph than a dragon, higher reqs, but same slot "cost" as a regular drag then the same should apply to Greater.

Cap the fire breath against players (obviously) and you have basically a chromatic dragon.

lollo

Grandmaster
absolutely for PvP. This is already balanced, if you want to PK this chap with the greater drag then you can simply use quench relic and slam that fireball like an ice cold can of mountain dew.

Lol no, can you imagine all The pvp tamers?
Pre casted eb and firebreath for insta kill? Also, it has magery, too lol

Damn i read a lot of stupid stuff from you in The years But this one takes it

wreckognize

Grandmaster
crank it up to 100 damage then whatever u need to win buddy

i think 70 is reasonable compared to the 100 damage breath weapon you clearly want.

lollo

Grandmaster
What? Are you stupid? I'm saying i DO NOT want The firebreath to do more than The standard dragon damage For pvp