taming pets

VileGhost

Journeyman
Can I use 2 we and a mount? If so why don't more tamers run this combo it would be very effective I think ? We don't have much less HP than drags ? And only take 2 slots each... just wondering why more tamers don't run this combo I'm almost gm taming now and got to thinking about pet combo...

What's the advantage of drag / we over this idea?

We = ww my phone dumb.

VileGhost

Journeyman
dragons not only have more HP but they also have higher AR and require less taming skill....unless your taming is over 100 you have to feed WW very very often to keep them happy. Honestly WW/Drag is the best combo because dragon is the best tank plus melee's more often. WW's use spells more often
Still sounds having two ww and a mount would be better espically since 50% of ww DMG is ice when they melee and magic better just seems like be best to farm and defend vs pks and still have mount the burstdamage would be insane high... guess ilI'll just have to expermint with it.. hmmmm

halygon

Grandmaster
It depends what you are farming. If it is a high end mob like balrons, you really need the dragon's tanking ability to take the damage from the balron. If you are farming something smaller like lich lords then a 2x WW + Ethy would work fine. 2x WW isn't nearly as effective in PvP as a drag/WW combo because the drag has fire breath. In reality two Mares + Ethy work great for PvP too.

Choose your pets for your situation.

VileGhost

Journeyman
Hmmmm but with two Young's at 7x gm I can down a balron in less than minute and their DMG is crap compared to ww and much lower HP pool and I have no issues keeping them at full HP.... I guess I'll just have to run some tests for PvP I would run adrag/mare of mare / mare... also if anyone wants to donate a taming 105 or 110 PS to me or a few taming ss that be awesome !! I am so poor :(

halygon

Grandmaster
Hmmmm but with two Young's at 7x gm I can down a balron in less than minute and their DMG is crap compared to ww and much lower HP pool and I have no issues keeping them at full HP.... I guess I'll just have to run some tests for PvP I would run adrag/mare of mare / mare... also if anyone wants to donate a taming 105 or 110 PS to me or a few taming ss that be awesome !! I am so poor :(
Why? Didn't you know you can get a 105 taming PS by GM Spirit Speaking to a dead balron.....

halygon

Grandmaster
Oh shiz what's the % chance
No clue man, I just know its possible because my friend told me about it and I was like, wtf ever, but I tried it quite a few times, but nothing happened. I kept on trying one day when some tamers were farming (not like my character can kill a balron) and what happened was, a gump message appeared "from" the dead balron thanking me for setting his soul free and gave me the taming PS as a thank you.

VileGhost

Journeyman
No clue man, I just know its possible because my friend told me about it and I was like, wtf ever, but I tried it quite a few times, but nothing happened. I kept on trying one day when some tamers were farming (not like my character can kill a balron) and what happened was, a gump message appeared "from" the dead balron thanking me for setting his soul free and gave me the taming PS as a thank you.

Oh shiz I'll try it tommo macroing as now

Will try tommo macroing ss

Messremb

Grandmaster
LOL I love the imagination being used for these trolls.

Back on topic

2 WWs are a great combo for either burst damage or low level MOBs. I use my 2 WWs for the lower level champ spawns.

WW and drag is the best combo for prolonged farming because the dragon maintains its high level of DPS while the WW burns its up quick. the WW is still better than a mare that's why most tamers use a drag WW combo for farming.

Drag mare is the best if you want to scare of PKs. You can ride the mare then dismount and combo the PKs. fire breath alone will hit them for 65ish.

2 mares works well if you want to PVP as you can be mounted and you get the fire breath. I also use mine when my buddies are on and we all use them . its pretty cool to watch 6 mares drop an ancient wyrm in like 20 seconds.

now if only I could get a good combo to use my rare white horse. Donation idea: rare white horse pet slot remover. basically a deed that removes a single pet slot from a rare white horse. I would love to try out 2 rare white horses.