Taming required to control Nightmare

Nefalin

Neophyte
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has tried controlling a nightmare with around 80 taming and gm lore. You use to be able to do it on OSI, and it would listen to your commands about 1/3 of the time. I want to use it for spawn control.

Thanks!

Lightfoot

Expert
Spawn control of what?
PS- Young dragon you need like 75 taming, and they are stronger than mares
Young dragons can kill basically anything except maybe ancient wyrm, balron para and a few of the really high end stuff. Plus, they come in lots of colors instead of just boring black.

Lightfoot

Expert
Just for the record, young stats
550hp
500str
100sta
440int
keep in mind thats 440 mana vs 122

and an average nightmare

524hp
508str
102stamina
122 int

uhh ya and the fire breathe seems to hit more as well. So at 75 taming you can have a pair of trained youngs that are stronger than nightmares at gm.to tame one just head over to dragon island, destard is a bit of a mess to tame in comparison. hope that helps

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Just for the record, young stats
550hp
500str
100sta
440int
keep in mind thats 440 mana vs 122

and an average nightmare

524hp
508str
102stamina
122 int

uhh ya and the fire breathe seems to hit more as well. So at 75 taming you can have a pair of trained youngs that are stronger than nightmares at gm.to tame one just head over to dragon island, destard is a bit of a mess to tame in comparison. hope that helps

I had a really beautiful pair that were so well trained.after I was done with them I gave my babes to a new tamer on the server. After he was done he gave them to a noon too. Not sure after that.

Great recommendation.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Mares are super handy for taming new pets since you can mount them instantly when the mob get low on hps

Is the chance of successfully taming a mob higher when its health is low, or is it easier only because the mob is running instead of attacking you?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Is the chance of successfully taming a mob higher when its health is low, or is it easier only because the mob is running instead of attacking you?
Several of the higher end mobs have health dependent attacks (fire breath) as well as at lower HP they tend to walk a little slower.