Taming Skill Gains in general. questions/observation.

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
I dont play uo anymore, but i just Gmed a buddies taming for him i had alot of free time before my job offer was processed. He was at like 72, and decided id gm his toon for him since i had so much idle time.

IS it just me or is there not a big difference when taming in dungeons. For me at times(Alot) i had better gain taming shit loads of animals in the wild VS in the dungeon.

I also felt like i was reaching a "MAX or CAP" amount of gains per hour or two.... i would get good gains but slowly the gains would diminish to nothing.. we are talking taming 125+ animals easily a session (Yes i was bored out of my mind). I would log off a few hours and then the gains would be back to normal again.
(may just be a quinky dink that it worked out like that)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Quite strange how you do not play UO anymore, yet you GM'd one of, if not, the hardest skill in the game to raise, perhaps it is just my way of thinking. To finish off, taming should, realistically, be incredibly difficult to raise. The cap you speak of is pretty much random from what I have experienced in the past, one hour you gain a couple of .1's and the next either reduced or increased. Taming can still be GM'd relatively if you are to compare to OSI or other servers.

IF there is a cap, it is justified to prevent the server from being over-run with tamers, on the other hand, perhaps try and tame animals that have already been tamed and released.

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
Quite strange how you do not play UO anymore, yet you GM'd one of, if not, the hardest skill in the game to raise, perhaps it is just my way of thinking. To finish off, taming should, realistically, be incredibly difficult to raise. The cap you speak of is pretty much random from what I have experienced in the past, one hour you gain a couple of .1's and the next either reduced or increased. Taming can still be GM'd relatively if you are to compare to OSI or other servers.

Strange? your way of thinking? Did you not read my post? I do not have a job right now and have not for the last 2-3 weeks. I am in the middle of a Job offer that is being processed. It requires a very thorough back ground check, Drug screening (lab), and a DOT medical physical. It has taken almost two weeks for all results and tests to get processed/done. I start my job august 6th.... Why would i lie about not playing uo anymorE? Now if i had to lie about something so miniscule.... THAT would be strange

I never said it was too hard or to easy? I did GM it, and i was basically stating observations?

I was told dungeons make skill gains quicker, but for me it seemed like most of the time i was getting better results in the wild taming animals in the masses VS in the dungeon.

The cap i speak of was gains (small ones) that stayed about the same for a couple hours. Then my gains went to complete shit, but after i would log off and hour two, get back on and the gains seemed to be just like before. I personally was getting more than couple .1's per hour. a couple times when i felt i hit a "MAX" it was after taming for a hour and not getting a single gain

I am wondering if it just seemed like this to me or if others have observed the same thing. Dont mistake my post as a rant and complaint.

Oh for the record... it was not hard, just a little time consuming .Luckily for my friend i had plenty of time to burn.

TriXa

Grandmaster
You stopped playing UO ??? And now you using the Account from ya Friend to GM his Tamer ? Just so long your new Job starts ? So you play UO right now.

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
You stopped playing UO ??? And now you using the Account from ya Friend to GM his Tamer ? Just so long your new Job starts ? So you play UO right now.
'

Just so long my job starts? Oh no my job is guaranteed my name was put in by 3 supervisors, and only 5 out of 50 were given a job offer.. I was one.

Personally......... No i dont consider it "Playing" Ultima online again. If i play a game off and on for 2 weeks after not playing for a year and will not play it again when i start working. I would not say im playing again. Its called visiting a game that i grew up playing 13-16 years of my life(since 6th-7th grade). I have made some good friends playing this game, and some i have even met that i still talk to.

Your post serves no purpose to the title of this thread in fact your just talking about something that has nothing to with this thread.
Why does it bother you so much that i do not consider that grounds for some one to be considered "playing" a game? Anyways have a good day and i hope u find some serenity my friend.

TriXa

Grandmaster
ya you are right. Sorry i think its a part of that game..
So i wish ya all luck in ya Job..
And have Fun with visiting UO in ya Freetime.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Strange? your way of thinking? Did you not read my post? I do not have a job right now and have not for the last 2-3 weeks. I am in the middle of a Job offer that is being processed. It requires a very thorough back ground check, Drug screening (lab), and a DOT medical physical. It has taken almost two weeks for all results and tests to get processed/done. I start my job august 6th.... Why would i lie about not playing uo anymorE? Now if i had to lie about something so miniscule.... THAT would be strange

I never said it was too hard or to easy? I did GM it, and i was basically stating observations?

I was told dungeons make skill gains quicker, but for me it seemed like most of the time i was getting better results in the wild taming animals in the masses VS in the dungeon.

The cap i speak of was gains (small ones) that stayed about the same for a couple hours. Then my gains went to complete shit, but after i would log off and hour two, get back on and the gains seemed to be just like before. I personally was getting more than couple .1's per hour. a couple times when i felt i hit a "MAX" it was after taming for a hour and not getting a single gain

I am wondering if it just seemed like this to me or if others have observed the same thing. Dont mistake my post as a rant and complaint.

Oh for the record... it was not hard, just a little time consuming .Luckily for my friend i had plenty of time to burn.

So, you state that you do not play, yet you are playing, this technically means that you are playing Ultima Online. Actually training a tamer takes time, quite a fair amount, which again would MEAN that you are INDEED actually playing Ultima Online, contrary to what you have stated. See how I repeated myself? See how I referred to the same thing in two slightly different ways?

It seems that you are intent on getting a number of different reactions to your posts without wishing the right response which solves your query. Let us take a quick glimpse at your next post :

'

Just so long my job starts? Oh no my job is guaranteed my name was put in by 3 supervisors, and only 5 out of 50 were given a job offer.. I was one.

Personally......... No i dont consider it "Playing" Ultima online again. If i play a game off and on for 2 weeks after not playing for a year and will not play it again when i start working. I would not say im playing again. Its called visiting a game that i grew up playing 13-16 years of my life(since 6th-7th grade). I have made some good friends playing this game, and some i have even met that i still talk to.

Your post serves no purpose to the title of this thread in fact your just talking about something that has nothing to with this thread.
Why does it bother you so much that i do not consider that grounds for some one to be considered "playing" a game? Anyways have a good day and i hope u find some serenity my friend.

This post here is full of entertainment, we have a self confessed elitism, we have an insult, we have justification without evidence and we also have a splashing of supposed social acceptance. Let me elaborate, the positive of the first sentence is that you are working, congratulations, then you go on by stating that three supervisors recommended you to higher authorities and your odds *which were in your favour* portray you as a lucky chappy. WooHoo. This here is a blend of pride and elitism. Personally, do you really think anyone is that interested by your extended contract in McDon... erm, job? This is about Ultima Online, not a place where you can flip your wang out on the table and say "Measure this and rage you bunch of pin pricks!"

Bouncing around the post a little more, you mention that TrixA should find serenity, do you even know TrixA? You replied to my original post with question marks about ME questioning you about your statement of not playing Ultima Online, this is obviously incorrect because you trained a tamer, if you are unable to see this as playing Ultima Online, then maybe you need a break from flipping burgers... um.. whatever you do in a job *probably an astronaut or brain surgeon* -*Correction: you are on break*-.

Look, it is blatantly obvious you are happy with your life, it is obvious that the rest of us here have no lives because we play Ultima Online and it is even more apparent that you are better than the rest of the world. If you want, I can frame your posts if you wish, maybe even email the finished products to you, I mean, you would love printing them out *you can afford a printer on your wage right?*, perhaps you can hang them on your wall of your mansion and show your bumper boys how incredibly great you are *Fap fap fap?*

Oh, nearly forgot this part "I" 'can' *use* -these- [symbols] +to+ =show= ?how? ^important^ %the& !words! &contained& @within@ ~are~ {detrimental} `in` ,portraying, ~my~ #self# <confessed> /greatness/ *in* ØeverythingØ. Perhaps I should translate for you :

1 c4n u53 7h353 5ymb015 t0 5h0w h0w 1mp0r74nt 7h3 w0rd5 c0n741n3d w17h1n 4r3 d37r1m3n741 1n p0r7r4y1ng my 531f c0nf3553d gr347n355 1n 3v3ry7h1ng.

Catch my drift here?

---------------------------------------------

Going back to your original point about taming though, there are times where skill times do seem to accelerate and others where they are pretty stagnant, perhaps there is a cap of some sorts attached to it, but *apparently* it is a lot faster to tame re-tames, *fire dungeon - del passage etc*. If there is a cap, it is there to stop everyone GM'ing in a few days and I would guess this is the right way to take things *tamers are plenty powerful enough even if expensive*. I still don't know how anyone has the patience for training taming, this at least, you have my respect ;).

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
So, you state that you do not play, yet you are playing, this technically means that you are playing Ultima Online. Actually training a tamer takes time, quite a fair amount, which again would MEAN that you are INDEED actually playing Ultima Online, contrary to what you have stated. See how I repeated myself? See how I referred to the same thing in two slightly different ways?

It seems that you are intent on getting a number of different reactions to your posts without wishing the right response which solves your query. Let us take a quick glimpse at your next post :

This post here is full of entertainment, we have a self confessed elitism, we have an insult, we have justification without evidence and we also have a splashing of supposed social acceptance. Let me elaborate, the positive of the first sentence is that you are working, congratulations, then you go on by stating that three supervisors recommended you to higher authorities and your odds *which were in your favour* portray you as a lucky chappy. WooHoo. This here is a blend of pride and elitism. Personally, do you really think anyone is that interested by your extended contract in McDon... erm, job? This is about Ultima Online, not a place where you can flip your wang out on the table and say "Measure this and rage you bunch of pin pricks!"

Bouncing around the post a little more, you mention that TrixA should find serenity, do you even know TrixA? You replied to my original post with question marks about ME questioning you about your statement of not playing Ultima Online, this is obviously incorrect because you trained a tamer, if you are unable to see this as playing Ultima Online, then maybe you need a break from flipping burgers... um.. whatever you do in a job *probably an astronaut or brain surgeon* -*Correction: you are on break*-.

Look, it is blatantly obvious you are happy with your life, it is obvious that the rest of us here have no lives because we play Ultima Online and it is even more apparent that you are better than the rest of the world. If you want, I can frame your posts if you wish, maybe even email the finished products to you, I mean, you would love printing them out *you can afford a printer on your wage right?*, perhaps you can hang them on your wall of your mansion and show your bumper boys how incredibly great you are *Fap fap fap?*

Oh, nearly forgot this part "I" 'can' *use* -these- [symbols] +to+ =show= ?how? ^important^ %the& !words! &contained& @within@ ~are~ {detrimental} `in` ,portraying, ~my~ #self# <confessed> /greatness/ *in* ØeverythingØ. Perhaps I should translate for you :

1 c4n u53 7h353 5ymb015 t0 5h0w h0w 1mp0r74nt 7h3 w0rd5 c0n741n3d w17h1n 4r3 d37r1m3n741 1n p0r7r4y1ng my 531f c0nf3553d gr347n355 1n 3v3ry7h1ng.

Catch my drift here?

---------------------------------------------

Going back to your original point about taming though, there are times where skill times do seem to accelerate and others where they are pretty stagnant, perhaps there is a cap of some sorts attached to it, but *apparently* it is a lot faster to tame re-tames, *fire dungeon - del passage etc*. If there is a cap, it is there to stop everyone GM'ing in a few days and I would guess this is the right way to take things *tamers are plenty powerful enough even if expensive*. I still don't know how anyone has the patience for training taming, this at least, you have my respect ;).

I didnt get passed your first paragraph. You just need to walk away from your computer for a while breath and live life a little.

I can assume your suffering from something, but do you think your piss poor attempt to "break my post down" and belittle me is going to phase me? Get real, for you to put so much effort into a post that has nothing to do with this thread. Pretty much bashing me, telling me im wrong to say i dont play ultima online anymore, and insult after insult. Gives me the impression you are unhappy or you "act out" in this way to make yourself feel better. I Do feel sorry for you.

Im sorry i dont think doing a friend a favor is grounds to say im back playing ultima online. I do not need to explain a word or tell you anything. This is the internet anyone can say anything, but for the record I work in the oilfield specifically Fracking. flip burgers? mcdonalds? Get better material.

I play my ps4 1-2 hours a week, but when I mention that I have one i say i dont even play it. When time invested in something is so minute I do not consider myself "playing" or think i should "claim" too.

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
please stay on topic guys im just curious is all.

i was getting 1.0-2.0 per hour in the 90's and like .5-1 the last few points.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I didnt get passed your first paragraph. You just need to walk away from your computer for a while breath and live life a little.

I can assume your suffering from something, but do you think your piss poor attempt to "break my post down" and belittle me is going to phase me? Get real, for you to put so much effort into a post that has nothing to do with this thread. Pretty much bashing me, telling me im wrong to say i dont play ultima online anymore, and insult after insult. Gives me the impression you are unhappy or you "act out" in this way to make yourself feel better. I Do feel sorry for you.

Im sorry i dont think doing a friend a favor is grounds to say im back playing ultima online. I do not need to explain a word or tell you anything. This is the internet anyone can say anything, but for the record I work in the oilfield specifically Fracking. flip burgers? mcdonalds? Get better material.

I play my ps4 1-2 hours a week, but when I mention that I have one i say i dont even play it. When time invested in something is so minute I do not consider myself "playing" or think i should "claim" too.

The whole reason why I even bothered was simply because the way you were coming across, it is all well and good asking for advice, obviously people will try and help, yet, you took my original comment completely out of context without explaining in a manner that would not warrant a somewhat hostile response. Your entire approach to my response is that you come across as having a superior complex, thus the reason for my immature response and the unfortunate escalation.

I could go on about how you actually read past the first paragraph, about how I have an active social life blah blah blah, but :

please stay on topic guys im just curious is all.

i was getting 1.0-2.0 per hour in the 90's and like .5-1 the last few points.

*Make sure not to poison folks water supply...*

Lexington

Grandmaster
Just incase someone didn't post this already .... Swing the ban hammer :p

Account Related Rules:
  • We do not allow users sharing accounts. Do not give your account information to any other player for any reason.

tragic

Neophyte

Account Related Rules:
  • We do not allow users sharing accounts. Do not give your account information to any other player for any reason.

Oh brother dude i think this is for people who abuse the account limit. another post totally off topic. I have forgot how the ultima online society is always derailing threads and trolling. My memory is coming back now............. ive had maybe one reply on topic. lol sad

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
Oh brother dude i think this is for people who abuse the account limit. another post totally off topic. I have forgot how the ultima online society is always derailing threads and trolling. My memory is coming back now............. ive had maybe one reply on topic. lol sad
To be fair, you're the one who mentioned that you were sharing accounts. Not smart.

tragic

Neophyte
Well to be honest im sure my ip is loged or attached to only 2 accounts so that sir would be with in "account limit".

I seriously doubt they are going to get mad. They could look and see i have not played before this month, and i wont be loging into uo at all very soon. Not by choice but i wont have time 16 hour shifts 6 days in a roll with 2 & 1/2 days off. lol no free time for this guy

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
Except that one of those accounts can now be connected to two IP's, and you could have just cost your friend his account. It was an unnecessary detail that should have been omitted.

Darkarna

Grandmaster

Account Related Rules:

Damn, I am slacking. I am usually pretty gemmed up when it comes to rules and regulations and this slipped on by... [e cry