Taming SS Drop rate

NightGhost

Neophyte
I took a break for over a year from UOF, now ive been back for about 3 weeks and been doing nothing but farming. I used to get a taming SS to drop for me back then at least once a week. Since ive been back I have yet to get one to drop, did they nerf the drop rate on the taming SS since ive been gone ?

TraJik

Grandmaster
Taming skill scroll drop rates were definitely lowered from what they were back in the day. As for the exact time in relation as to when you quit I could not say.
One thing you will find is that Taming scroll drop rates on liches (all skill scrolls) has been drastically reduced. Some mobs tend to drop skill scrolls at a higher rate and with these mobs you should find a more likely chance of getting that golden scroll. If you do a search on uoforums, you may be able to find a few threads detailing monsters that drop skill scrolls at a noticeably higher rate than others. These topics are fairly recent so you shouldn't have to spend too much time searching for them.

I could just tell you a few mobs to hunt but I hunt these mobs as well. When you find out the mobs that spawn the higher rates, you will notice that you are not the only person hunting taming skill scrolls. If you follow the information above you will see that it is a way of giving you the details without broadcasting to everyone the parameters to hunt the Taming Skill Scroll runebook route.

Lightfoot

Expert
They are way too rare, haven't seen one in weeks and I hunt basically nothing but stuff that drops skill scrolls...really is sad, use to be the best part of farming. But now seems you farm 100+ hours and not even have a chance at getting one. Really sad how they have screwed the skill scrolls so bad. Use to be fun to farm them, and now so many useless ones. So many vendors swamped with crappy ss.

Lightfoot

Expert
One time I found four in two days.
Ya Ive had a few 2x days, a 3x day right back at end of the xmas paragon thing this year. Had 1 since then. It really is amazing how rare they are, I hunt a ton. The RNG use to say that taming had the same rate as every other SS. Now, seems its not even close. Ive gotten 50+ inscription and fletching, 20+ of provoke, tinker, carp, and numerous others, 10+ of almost everything else including LP, BS, etc no poison, with only 4 taming so far just this year in first 2 months. It is amazing how unbalanced it is. Would just be amazing if they removed some useless skills, and made all the SS = drop % again.