Thank you

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I'm taking a break from cooking and cleaning and sat down for a smoke and to check the forums and my guild's Skype chat as I do on a daily basis. Then I realized, while I'm spending the day with family and being thankful for all I am blessed with - three awesome children, three amazing grandkids, a good job, a house, 2 dogs, 2 cats and my health...I realized I am also grateful to this shard, its admins, most of the community (I kid!) and especially my guild, The Free City of Trinsic.

I came to this shard 5 days after launch. I figured I'd just mess around for a bit. Some friends and I started a guild with a handful of people and today is one of the shards' biggest, and oldest guilds.

My daughter had 2 little girls and worked many hours. I watched them most nights and found myself with a good bit of time on my hands. I'm not a huge tv watcher. When I started playing UO in 98, my owns kids were young and being a single mom, I was alone at night after they went to bed. My son got me playing UO and it provided me a place to be social and interact with other adults. It also gave me something to relate to my teenage son. When most parents feel they have nothing to talk about with their kids, my son and I had UO. He and I still play on this shard together when he takes a break from LOL, WOW and a host of other games (MMO ADHD).

Now, all these years laters, I'm in a similar situation, UO again gives me friends and a place to relax after a long day. I have some friends from uo still from the early days who still play here with me. I have many new friends and amazing guild members who make me laugh daily. Being a GM can be like a second job, but it's one that I love and I'm thankful for each any every member who has come and gone and stayed, throughout the three years this guild has existed.

We all have lives outside of UO. We have jobs, family, kids, grandkids, etc. But for a few hours each day, if I'm lucky, I can take a break and join my other family in a beautiful 2D world. Sure, to others, it sounds incredibly geeky. But I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you Shane, Adam, Eppy for all you (and all staff, however I bug these three a lot and not once have they made me feel like I'm a bother.) I may not always agree with the decisions made, but I will always be thankful for providing this great place for me where my character is the governor of a big, beautiful city...and has blue hair.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
For the most part Glutt, I've had several members of EQMS be pretty respectful to me. Robert even healed me the other day and cast me a gate back to Trinsic!

EQMS isnt here to grief... we may be PKs but we're here to have fun and make the game as fun as possible for all(including those who get shit on).

hubcap

Grandmaster
Ive been on board the Ultima saga since Ultima I on my commodore 64.
Im thankful to each and EVERY one of you out there that put efforts and time into keeping this great game going.

Kears

Master
I'm taking a break from cooking and cleaning and sat down for a smoke and to check the forums and my guild's Skype chat as I do on a daily basis. Then I realized, while I'm spending the day with family and being thankful for all I am blessed with - three awesome children, three amazing grandkids, a good job, a house, 2 dogs, 2 cats and my health...I realized I am also grateful to this shard, its admins, most of the community (I kid!) and especially my guild, The Free City of Trinsic.

I came to this shard 5 days after launch. I figured I'd just mess around for a bit. Some friends and I started a guild with a handful of people and today is one of the shards' biggest, and oldest guilds.

My daughter had 2 little girls and worked many hours. I watched them most nights and found myself with a good bit of time on my hands. I'm not a huge tv watcher. When I started playing UO in 98, my owns kids were young and being a single mom, I was alone at night after they went to bed. My son got me playing UO and it provided me a place to be social and interact with other adults. It also gave me something to relate to my teenage son. When most parents feel they have nothing to talk about with their kids, my son and I had UO. He and I still play on this shard together when he takes a break from LOL, WOW and a host of other games (MMO ADHD).

Now, all these years laters, I'm in a similar situation, UO again gives me friends and a place to relax after a long day. I have some friends from uo still from the early days who still play here with me. I have many new friends and amazing guild members who make me laugh daily. Being a GM can be like a second job, but it's one that I love and I'm thankful for each any every member who has come and gone and stayed, throughout the three years this guild has existed.

We all have lives outside of UO. We have jobs, family, kids, grandkids, etc. But for a few hours each day, if I'm lucky, I can take a break and join my other family in a beautiful 2D world. Sure, to others, it sounds incredibly geeky. But I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you Shane, Adam, Eppy for all you (and all staff, however I bug these three a lot and not once have they made me feel like I'm a bother.) I may not always agree with the decisions made, but I will always be thankful for providing this great place for me where my character is the governor of a big, beautiful city...and has blue hair.

To be honest, I clicked on this thread titled "Thank you" by @Skye Wolfbane and I thought this would be a goodbye thread..

Glad to know it's not :p

Happy Thanksgiving!

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Sorry to disappoint!

J/K Yeah I can see that. Here in the states, we Americans get a bit mushy on Thanksgiving Day. Today I can go back to cursing everyone!

:p

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Whoa whoa whoa...go easy on the whole gramma thing. I'm only 48. And yes, a grandmother but come on! This is one place I can pretend to be 20 again! And besides, I'm totes the coolest gramma ever cause I play UO.

Starnite

Master

Well put Skye, I also want to say thank you to Shane, Adam Eppy, Skye and the rest of the staff. After 13 years in the military and 20 years in management I fully understand what your staying about not always agreeing with the decisions being made. I do however respect Shane and the staff and will always back them in whatever they decide is the best for the shard.

/emote stands to attention and salutes the staff of UOF. Job well done.