The Current Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I wanted to create a thread to discuss the current market. As is stands right now 105, 110, 115 powerscrolls are essentially useless. There is little to no market for them. The only 120 scroll worth over a mill is a 120 taming and 120 lore. Every other 120 scroll is 200k-700k if you are lucky. Now I understand this is what happens when there are just so many scrolls out on the market but I feel something needs to change. I know there was talk of powerscrolls having a decay timer on them which I think would solve this issue so I wanted to get peoples opinions on this.

Dono wearables are like a car, the second you click accept it lost anywhere from 10-30% of its value. Why is this? Are these items priced too high on the dono vender?

When it comes to pet relics, I don't really see a solution here. Supply and demand is the reason why we have pet relics that are $11 million. Heck, we might not even need a solution here but its odd to me that some meta dexxer relics cant even sell. You would think there are more meta dexxers than meta tamers so shouldn't the demand be higher? Is the quest too difficult? Do meta pet relics drop too little and meta dexxer relics drop too much? Something to discuss.

The market today just seems very out of whack to me but maybe it is just me. Discuss.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Pet relics are stupidly priced. It's better to save your money and buy a level 6-7 already built than buy separately.

a magical man

Grandmaster
all power scrolls have value, do to the powerscroll ticket raffles. dont let people fool you. 105s are worth about 50k per when the 120 taming raffle starts

There are probably 50x as many meta pets as there are sets of meta pet relics, so yes the supply is super low and that is why you are paying 11 million for a relic. Also meta talisman relics are cheap because why use a meta talisman when a meta pet is infinitely better. With meta pet I can grab a few regs a few bandages and hunt all day getting rich with no risk at all. I die I and lose 500 gold in regs and aids, die on talisman guy and there goes armor and weapon(probably a slayer or you are hunting slow), more risk less efficient. Talisman relics also seem to drop more, but that is anecdotal. Also talisman hunting has a lot of rules like if you die you gotta wait 15 minutes for it to work again; also have to be right on top of monster or need to be naked to get full exp and what-not.

TL;DR supply demand

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
Gold sink item, "Relic removal tool".

"Which relic do you wish to remove?"
"Doing so will destroy the relic and leave no trace of its existence." OR
"The relic goes into your backpack." - This option would most certainly decrease relic value. I'd recommend making this tool 5mil +

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
There are probably 50x as many meta pets as there are sets of meta pet relics, so yes the supply is super low and that is why you are paying 11 million for a relic. Also meta talisman relics are cheap because why use a meta talisman when a meta pet is infinitely better. With meta pet I can grab a few regs a few bandages and hunt all day getting rich with no risk at all. I die I and lose 500 gold in regs and aids, die on talisman guy and there goes armor and weapon(probably a slayer or you are hunting slow), more risk less efficient. Talisman relics also seem to drop more, but that is anecdotal. Also talisman hunting has a lot of rules like if you die you gotta wait 15 minutes for it to work again; also have to be right on top of monster or need to be naked to get full exp and what-not.

TL;DR supply demand

Dexer and Mage relics drop on Arch Demon and I believe Fafnir puts them in bank box. Pet relics only drop from champion bosses, RDA bosses, and harrower. I believe that's how it goes but correct me if I'm wrong.

Like he said, meta pets bring in a lot more gold and you don't have to wear a lot of gear. Level 7's suck when they die and cost a lot but if you are training then a pet death doesn't matter as much. You just train it back up and make tons of loot doing so. Dex'r relics require you to gear up and they don't give you the farming potential that meta pets do. Until dexers and mages are given the same end game potential as tamers we will remain a tamer shard. If you don't want to be a tamer then you're PvM end game is severely limited in comparison to tamers.

For the veteran players out there let me ask you this. Remember 1-2 years ago when champ spawns went like clock work? There were tons of people doing them. Now you can pretty much pop whichever champ whenever you please. Rikktor and Barracoon get popped every night but the others are usually open. Champs aren't even getting raided that much these days so that's not the main issue. I think the drop in value of PS has more to do with it. However, I'm still surprised that more people don't do champs since that's how you get the relics.

I think that the shard would benefit from a little revamping on champs. Add more deco relics, more rare drops, etc. That Fafnir sword is a great example of cool drops to seek. The champ statues were a great idea as well. Let powerscrolls be used to as a resource of some type or add more raffles.

Mainly, I would LOVE to see more ways to develop characters for mages and dexers. Think necromancer or paladin type system OSI did. It wouldn't have to be that exactly but something along those lines. Basically, anything that allows mages and dexers the ability to continue to develop their character. The talismans are way awesome but there's room for more end game content. I think a lot of players would have their game play experience rejuvenated with the addition of more end game content.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Some great points there Tard.

I can't speak to farming with a meta dexxer/Mage but I know they dominate in invasions and champs with a good slayer weapon. It blows me away how cheap these relics are and how little people seem to be using these.

Fattson

Grandmaster
My issue with champs is that it's a lottery-like system. One or two hours of my time translates into the possibility of a powerscroll, usually a shitty one. I can farm on my own and make way more. I can stock my vendors and get paid when I'm not even online.

Why would I do a champ?

Swayze

Grandmaster
For a chance at a good PS, relic, champ artifact, skull. I don't disagree with what your saying but if it wasn't a lottery system and the top 3 always got something, nobody would do them.

Fattson

Grandmaster
For a chance at a good PS, relic, champ artifact, skull. I don't disagree with what your saying but if it wasn't a lottery system and the top 3 always got something, nobody would do them.
That's part of the problem. It's a chance. Gimme two hours of power farming with my meta dexxer and tamer any day. You boys can keep your 105 mining. Ate mine a while back.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Oh I see what he's saying but farming ok your tamer and dexxer doesn't get you things champs get you. That's all I'm saying

Fattson

Grandmaster
Oh I see what he's saying but farming ok your tamer and dexxer doesn't get you things champs get you. That's all I'm saying
Do the champ artifacts sell? I see them for sale all the time but I rarely seem them being sold. Same with everything else champ spawns have to offer. With the exception of relics. How often do those drop? What's the criteria? Do I have to show up on my tamer to get a chance at a meta relic?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Not sure on drop rates but fairly sure relics are random allocation unlike powerscrolls.

You still need to be in the same range as you would to get a scroll and I believe you must have damaged the boss but not 100% on this.

Don't need to be a tamer - I got a bloody relic at rikktor on my berserker.

Raynan

Master
pls fix the statue issue too
statues must have some worth
especially for new players
10k ettin 15k ogre 15k troll 25k lich 40k lich lord and so on...
current market is really sad even more rare statues lost 75% value

asics

Grandmaster
im talking about this since one year..

we need:

-monster drop that can have some market
-some kind of utility for all the powerscrolls ( I made a lot of suggestion about this..)
-make other ps and other nice drop at champs
-statue sink ( look my post about it ^^)

Fattson

Grandmaster
Seems to me that we could kill multiple birds with one stone.

1. Increase relic and egg drop rates. Lower ps drop rates. This would make meta pets more attainable for new players without huge bankrolls and make powerscrolls viable again.

2. Eliminate statue drops. Make them available for invasions or something like that. Would give players extra incentive to attend these events and give rarity back to something we all once loved finding. I don't even pull them off mobs anymore. :(

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
Seems to me that we could kill multiple birds with one stone.

1. Increase relic and egg drop rates. Lower ps drop rates. This would make meta pets more attainable for new players without huge bankrolls and make powerscrolls viable again.

2. Eliminate statue drops. Make them available for invasions or something like that. Would give players extra incentive to attend these events and give rarity back to something we all once loved finding. I don't even pull them off mobs anymore. :(

I actually disagree with your post.

1. Meta pets/dexers are somewhat of an end game. They should not be made easier to obtain. Neither should relics.
2. When I first started UOF, finding statues on regular mobs plus when skill scrolls dropped more frequently kept me going. I had a blast churning through mobs on my macer hoping for that animal taming SS.

End thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.