The funny old things you used to do on uo

evil phantasm

Apprentice
Trapping on orc mage in my house behind a table and gming resist. Losing my 1st house key in ratman spawn outside yew, which ment I lost my house. Throwing away regs because wtf are these.

evil phantasm

Apprentice
Wait ....when I got bored and was guessing a count names and got one right account: flyers password: lindros77 wow I can remember that. I was a hockey fan and in highschool so don't judge me.

hoodfigure

Master
going "fishing" at WBB... casting a gate from inside my house to WBB, precasting dispel field, and going through and spamming a vendor house macro and people would go in. Dispel gate. Friends inside - instant death good ol Texas law. I have the pictures somewhere we murdered like 50+ people within minutes and the house was full of corpses.

Playing Sonoma in 97-98 When it was USA vs Korea
You speaka any Engrish? Get wrecked by Koreans/JP. Wasss fun as hell.

Unlimited tamed pets. Dragons/WW/Nightmare x50. Insta killing anything/anyone.

Seeing a murderer die in terra keep because you are hidden blocking his way out while hes getting hit by the avengers. Loot dry and turn in head for a HUUUUUUUUUGE bounty because he was apparently a big f'n deal. I got 1mil deposited in my bank one time for killing some dood named Bazookajoe or some ish like that. He was in the top 3 bounties lolol.

Murdering dexxers like mad because no one knew what was really good, OR good weaps/armor were actually expensive and most people didn't have it or wear it solo.

Tinkering and Poisoning... most amazing killing machines in the history of evar. Deadly Poisoning food and placing it around towns. Sit and wait for pure win. Tinkering traps still to this day gets kills. Best ones are when you stealth around in a dungeon and you put a trapped box on a corpse, ESPECIALLY Lichs / Dragons - People fall for this all the time.. ZOMG MOB DROPPED A BOX?! Kaboom...

Shitty EA sells out and adds a bunch of dumb shit I hated so I quit UO. Sold my account on ebay for 3500 dollars.

Salsa

Grandmaster
I use to scam all over Baja, I basically supplied uotreasures.com with all their arties.

Trade window background use to be black and I'd put a bag dyed pure black in the trade window with just enough items to put the victim at 125 stones in their bag. I'd usually put a 5k in the window as well and that's all the victim could see and they obviously want a free check.

Then I'd ask to see the victims Artie/vet robes/etc and cancel the trade and the item would fall to the ground because their bag couldn't handle it.

Made roughly $10,000 selling those items to uotreasures. My parents thought I was dealing drugs.

I obviously can't be sure, but I believe that I'm the reason they changed the background of trade windows to the multi-color gray.

Grapefruit

Neophyte
One of my fondest memories was on my tinker back in 98-99. It was one of my first characters and I had a house just south of Brit on the road. It was thrilling to make deadly poisoned trap chests and food and placing it on the road just outside of my house. Then me and my cousins would hide and wait for an unfortunate victim to wander by and open or eat. And you can imagine what happened next.. we popped out and gave good chase while their life slipped away. Ahhhhh memories!!

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I remember when you could talk while hidden without it revealing you.

Magic reflect would only deflect one spell so people would usually cast magic arrow before attacking.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
This is my first server, but when I first started, me and the friend who got me into this game and literally just farmed the desert for hours, killing cyclops and titans, ganking tamers just cuz we felt like it lol

Candy Cane

Apprentice
I would make weed plants in my house out of nightshade and black pearl, and then go attack horde minions in this cave nearby, and drag them to my house and trap them in the weed room. ;D (lol) And then mean people would come by and ms my house and kill them so I'd have to do it all over again ;(

evil phantasm

Apprentice
OK this was the longest prank and most money to do it prank in uo. Had a small house that I didn't use anymore on a old account I didn't use. Was gonna sell it but thought of a great idea. I make a gm tinker and filled the house with chests. I filled then with all kinds of crap trash to make them look full. Then I figured its idoc time. I. trapped over 1000 of the chests. The main ones then ones inside of them. I went to Brit bank and spawned idoc gate. I'd say got 100 peeps or so. Got my guild on and watched the fun. Pks running around people blowing up and us running around looting house deeds. Was the best time I ever had in uo.

halygon

Grandmaster
OK this was the longest prank and most money to do it prank in uo. Had a small house that I didn't use anymore on a old account I didn't use. Was gonna sell it but thought of a great idea. I make a gm tinker and filled the house with chests. I filled then with all kinds of crap trash to make them look full. Then I figured its idoc time. I. trapped over 1000 of the chests. The main ones then ones inside of them. I went to Brit bank and spawned idoc gate. I'd say got 100 peeps or so. Got my guild on and watched the fun. Pks running around people blowing up and us running around looting house deeds. Was the best time I ever had in uo.
@Jakaro did this big time on UOF: http://jakaro.vze.com/

K A Z

Grandmaster
I never played OSI (way too young :<) but about 500 Freeshards.. In my early days I used to clean out the accounts of my IRL neighbours (they'd do that to me aswell), get them banned whenever they fucked me over ingame (never had any issues over it IRL, though) etc. etc. Never been a big fan of scamming as I was always more interested in the PVP aspect of the game. The only scam I was ever part of was with World of Warcraft where I was handed a list with accounts+passwords from some dude who ran some dodgy phising website. Ended up making quite some money with selling the gold we acquired cleaning out the accounts of some poor frenchies.

Candy Cane

Apprentice
I never played OSI (way too young :<) but about 500 Freeshards.. In my early days I used to clean out the accounts of my IRL neighbours (they'd do that to me aswell), get them banned whenever they fucked me over ingame (never had any issues over it IRL, though) etc. etc. Never been a big fan of scamming as I was always more interested in the PVP aspect of the game. The only scam I was ever part of was with World of Warcraft where I was handed a list with accounts+passwords from some dude who ran some dodgy phising website. Ended up making quite some money with selling the gold we acquired cleaning out the accounts of some poor frenchies.

Jeez KAZ, 500 shards????

K A Z

Grandmaster
Jeez KAZ, 500 shards????

not quite sure how many but.. many. For the first three years or so I played German Sphere RP Shards which all had an age restriction. So once they found out we were 12 year olds (and it wasn't hard to figure that out) we had to leave and move on. Those were the fucking days. I remember my neighbours fighting IRL over a vanq longsword. Shit was real.

Experience

Grandmaster
Hidden boxes? And your stuff didn't disappear? Where hidden boxes, like in buildings? Please explain.
The boxes in every building that are there from the start...they were all public access and could have items placed in them. they would decay after 24 hours on the shard i played

drinn

Grandmaster
We used to gate people at brit bank etc. popular places to small islands, where we killed them and then resurrected and forced to chop trees, or fish for us. Used them as our slaves.

oriasaari1.jpg

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I remember playing on osi when I still had dial up...my character ninja became known as ninja turtle :( . If you had DSL in thouse days you could be a Pvp god. I watched a guy slaughter 5 of my guildmates. He had time to stop and meditate while I slowly jumped toward him with a war hammer. Run a screen away and meditate again lol