WTS The Raffle Island!!!! UNREAL!!!

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
I was going to stay out if this but there is some misinformation here.

The owner of the island was never banned, though he was suspected of trading items, nothing was ever proven. I personally think he completely gave up playing after the whole shady ordeal.

His house decayed normally, but because it was custom built it didn't fall like normal. Me and a few others discovered a bug that allowed us to duplicate wall pieces (something that should be added to the gold sink vendor). After we reported it Shane and Adam deleted the house to prevent the bug. They then went on to add the trees and fountains, I asked Shane why, and he said he thought there were to many houses on the island. When I explained the situation and that as the owner I felt a little screwed over, he said that they (staff) would talk it over and make it right. After about 6 months of being ignored/ told the sane thing, that i decided I was tired of dealing with it and contacted cap, as he had made an offer on the island. Being a friend I sold it to him cheap and moved on.

People acting like the island isn't worth much are dumb. There is only one other 30*30 island plot in the game, and is currently an ice white Castle.

You could buy a private island, but those already run 100+ mil.

The 30*30 alone is easily 50-60 mil value.

Also, as has been mentioned, there are no ageless houses, and none of the owners even play, they haven't been active in almost a year.

Lawl, Cocks, and so on...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

LOL, I remember this! Someone was dropping a wall tile on WBB roof. I snagged it, and they handed me a bag titled "town house" or something. This had a few more tiles in it. Couple days later it was deleted, but I still have the bag!

Bromista

Grandmaster
That custom house was badass, too. One of my favorite pieces of UO architecture. Who actually designed that, @Messremb? I figure it came up in discussion.

Current occupants of the island situation:

No ones house is being dropped by staff. Shane said himself (to the people currently living on the island) that the whole talk of dropping houses of inactive players had nothing to do with him and that he never said that. The people living on the island aren't totally inactive anyway, so that's the end of that. Period.

They may fall on their own here and there, who knows? But certainly no one is taking control of their accounts to drop them as has also been suggested.

bcd9845f16.jpg

Even without those plots, the prospect of having every single other plot on the island including a 30x30 under the control of one player is still worth a whole hell of a lot. It's a badass property, even with those pesky sponge-bobin squatters living on it.

Messremb

Grandmaster
That custom house was badass, too. One of my favorite pieces of UO architecture. Who actually designed that, @Messremb? I figure it came up in discussion.

Current occupants of the island situation:

No ones house is being dropped by staff. Shane said himself (to the people currently living on the island) that the whole talk of dropping houses of inactive players had nothing to do with him and that he never said that. The people living on the island aren't totally inactive anyway, so that's the end of that. Period.

They may fall on their own here and there, who knows? But certainly no one is taking control of their accounts to drop them as has also been suggested.

bcd9845f16.jpg

Even without those plots, the prospect of having every single other plot on the island including a 30x30 under the control of one player is still worth a whole hell of a lot. It's a badass property, even with those pesky sponge-bobin squatters living on it.
I'm fairly certain the house is just a uo art file, as I have seen it on other servers.

Shane had said a lot of crazy things about the island, ranging from, I want to delete the whole thing, to, I will custom it to the wants of the owner.

I strongly doubt he will do anything about the island, but if he does, there is no telling what it will be. I personally think it will all depend on who owns the island.

As far as accessing people's accounts. It has been an option for a long time, and nobody has done anything.

Not really sure why this drama was brought to the forums as it had nothing to do with the sale of the island.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Well, it is a common question/concern and there were some misleading statements made by the seller in the OP.

Existing houses aren't going anywhere.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Hey dog,

He just can't kick the habit of making a fool of himself.

To be honest, his dislike of me speaks volumes about my great character.

Also, Bobby owns a private island he bought for 100ish mil, just like i mentioned above. Please keep up.

And claims I cheated the previous owner are an obvious attempt to make me look bad. Proof or gtfo.

Thanks for your attention.

Don't need proof everyone knows you're a piece of shit. The type of ***** to snitch on anyone for his own personal gain.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Well, it is a common question/concern and there were some misleading statements made by the seller in the OP.

Existing houses aren't going anywhere.
The houses aren't ageless and the owners are all inactive logging in just to refresh at this point. Many of then have gone greatly a few times.

If you are going to clarify someone else's misleading stamens, putting a statement like "existing houses aren't going anywhere " makes you just as misleading.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
My question is why own an island where you can't demolish the houses on your own property? Why was the option to 'approve' a plot for someone to place on agreed upon in the first place? It would be more logical for the owner to be able to place on all spots and THEN let friends have co-owner access, but it sounds like a huge waste of potential having old friends of presumably owner 1/2 sitting on the land essentially locking the owner out.

Also it sounds like the Auction House was removed? Anyone know how that functioned? Would be awesome to see one in Britt if it works like WoW or EQ AH ;)

AssHat

Grandmaster
My question is why own an island where you can't demolish the houses on your own property? Why was the option to 'approve' a plot for someone to place on agreed upon in the first place? It would be more logical for the owner to be able to place on all spots and THEN let friends have co-owner access, but it sounds like a huge waste of potential having old friends of presumably owner 1/2 sitting on the land essentially locking the owner out.

Also it sounds like the Auction House was removed? Anyone know how that functioned? Would be awesome to see one in Britt if it works like WoW or EQ AH ;)

if auction house was removed i retract my offer, that is all i wanted!!

Josh D

Grandmaster
@lummox

There is a long running joke that is hidden in Messremb's message. There's several different versions of it but they are old and they've all been beaten like a dog.

Bromista

Grandmaster
The houses aren't ageless and the owners are all inactive logging in just to refresh at this point. Many of then have gone greatly a few times.

If you are going to clarify someone else's misleading stamens, putting a statement like "existing houses aren't going anywhere " makes you just as misleading.

Aren't going anywhere, as in aren't getting dropped just for a new owner at the whim of staff as has been suggested.

Clarifying that made more sense than clarifying what happened with previous owner, having no bearing on the current auction IMO.

Butttt not really trying to pick over bones here.

Hydro

Grandmaster
just because we dont play with you doesnt mean we are inactive idiot

im sure as hell not selling my plot on the island

Hydro

Grandmaster
and coldspoon let his own house fall on the island how is he not considered inactive then?

Cold Spoon

Grandmaster
Shanes own words, When a house falls it benefits the server and repopulating it. in many ways. I am a very busy Business owner and my work is Seasonal. I had many warnings about my house falling and i simply stated i do not care. Clearly..... With the amount of rares/unique housing if owned. It is nothing for me to rebuild. This is the 2nd time iv let my houses decay. Previously when i was in V3P i let 2 Keeps decay with just about as much in value this time..... now I am up 200mil plus..... so..... ill back blocking your ugly 18x18 on my island shortly.... letting my stuff fall is doing the right thing.... not being a ***** and quiting cause u cant rebuild or lost your shit. After all.... its a game.

Hydro

Grandmaster
just telling the buyer they arnt getting our plots with your deal i dont need your UO life story

Last edited by a moderator: