The State of UOF (PKs and purple pots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blue

Master
Not trolling. Sincere suggestion. Others seem to agree. I know it's frustrating that other options may differ from your own.
because there's a lot of ppl who don't pvp or know anything about it... as @drasked poster said "you have no clue about pvp". They just hunt ettins and would die anyway. Even if the shard was 5x only, there would be pretty much the same people getting all the kills. You wonder why? It's not explode potions... But yet you're here trying to nerf something that's not even broken. You're doing it just because you're clueless.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
because there's a lot of ppl who don't pvp or know anything about it... as @drasked poster said "you have no clue about pvp". They just hunt ettins and would die anyway. Even if the shard was 5x only, there would be pretty much the same people getting all the kills. You wonder why? It's not explode potions...
Sounds perfect. So I take it you'd have no issue with the current system of PvP being modified to accommodate the masses. After all, the PvP elite would still win, right?

Then what's the issue?

K A Z

Grandmaster
Sounds perfect. So I take it you'd have no issue with the current system of PvP being modified to accommodate the masses. After all, the PvP elite would still win, right?

Then what's the issue?

that you guys are not the "masses", and that you'd ruin this Shard's PVP system just to never PVP anyways.

Baby Blue

Master

Then what's the issue?
The issue is people like you... you refuse to learn and you have no idea what's going on but you're telling how everything should be. Then there's a thief who agrees with you, just because he or she is a troll who already quit? I think I'm done with this thread. You won't get what you want anyway newbie.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I love the notion that I'm clueless about PvP because I don't throw pots, and I don't like the fact that 95% of mages play the same exact way.

It's such a toxic way of thinking.

drasked

Grandmaster
I love the notion that I'm clueless about PvP because I don't throw pots, and I don't like the fact that 95% of mages play the same exact way.

It's such a toxic way of thinking.

No, you are actually clueless (having no knowledge, understanding, or ability.) about pvp.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You seemed to worry about my health, i'm just trying to let you know i'm all good. But thanks for taking such a personal interest in me instead of the matters at hand.

The initial suggestion is a stupid suggestion and no further clarification has been given thus far.

The initial suggestion could be stupid to you but maybe it is not stupid to others? Did you ever think that? Because you may dislike something, does not mean that everyone else does. Bah, whatever, honestly this will not be going anywhere soon, going round in circles just makes people vomit eventually.

Whatever, I am done with this thread *and yes I do have the right to change my mind about this*, people only see what they want to see and good on them.

drasked

Grandmaster
The initial suggestion could be stupid to you but maybe it is not stupid to others? Did you ever think that? Because you may dislike something, does not mean that everyone else does. Bah, whatever, honestly this will not be going anywhere soon, going round in circles just makes people vomit eventually.

Whatever, I am done with this thread, people only see what they want to see and good on them.

It's not about personal preference, it's about having a clue about pvp, which you obviously don't.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
No, you are actually clueless (having no knowledge, understanding, or ability.) about pvp.
So, this is what it comes down to. I've spent the clear majority of my time on UO PvPing. I've even PvPed here. Yet you have determined that I don't PvP, I'm clueless, and my ideas are therefore irrelevant.

The worst part? This thread would die without the few of you bumping it by insulting me. You guys can't get out of your own way.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
just ignore him - i know it's depressing, but people like him are just too stubborn.

Exercising my rights to change my mind as stated above, this also applies to everyone else debating in this thread...

It's not about personal preference, it's about having a clue about pvp, which you obviously don't.

This comment here is the most ignorant and blatantly ill informed comment that is used around here, you really don't know what I know so why comment on something you have absolutely no idea about? Hypocrite.

drasked

Grandmaster
This comment here is the most ignorant and blatantly ill informed comment that is used around here, you really don't know what I know so why comment on something you have absolutely no idea about? Hypocrite.

Sorry, i didn't mean to confuse pvp with killing people. Let me rephrase, you have no clue about killing people on UOF. If you disagree you are welcome to demonstrate the opposite.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Alright. I'd like for this to die off as well. Not here for the argument... had a legitimate question.

So. @Shane , @Blair: can there be some feedback? Are purple pots functioning the way they're intended, and no change is being considered? If so, I'll happily drop it and never bring it back up again.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Sorry, i didn't mean to confuse pvp with killing people. Let me rephrase, you have no clue about killing people on UOF. If you disagree you are welcome to demonstrate the opposite.

Please rephrase again since your comment could mean a few things, killing people as a Player killer, killing people in a duel, killing people using spawn, killing people by death gating, killing people with trapped boxes, killing people with kindness, which is it?

drasked

Grandmaster
Please rephrase again since your comment could mean a few things, killing people as a Player killer, killing people in a duel, killing people using spawn, killing people by death gating, killing people with trapped boxes, killing people with kindness, which is it?

The type of killing that OP's suggestion would impact. But if you want to hide behind semantics that's ok also.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The type of killing that OP's suggestion would impact. But if you want to hide behind semantics that's ok also.

Well since you couldn't make out the perspective I was coming from earlier, then perhaps we both fall into that same category of semantics.. I can not provide proof of what you ask because I have not done it, my intention was to come back this week and get into PVP with help of course, my break has been long enough it seems. When I have acquired the knowledge regarding that form of PVP, I will be certain to let you know.

Honest eh?

drasked

Grandmaster
Well since you couldn't make out the perspective I was coming from earlier, then perhaps we both fall into that same category of semantics.. I can not provide proof of what you ask because I have not done it, my intention was to come back this week and get into PVP with help of course, my break has been long enough it seems. When I have acquired the knowledge regarding that form of PVP, I will be certain to let you know.

Honest eh?

Drop me a PM if you need help with that, I love teaching people how to duel and all that good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.