The State of UOF (PKs and purple pots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollo

Grandmaster
Why would people play on a Felucia based rule-set if they don't want to die? Surely those people would choose a different server using nothing but Trammel rule sets. The mind boggles at the clear stupidity that can be found on occasion around here.

DUH, AYE PWAY AH FOOLUCIAN WULESET CUZZ EYE DUNT WUNT TUUU DYE!

Honestly, it really sounds like that sometimes..

Well you could ask that to the countless people that open threads asking for no pks, trammel dungeons etc etc.

You don't have to ask me, i love to pk, kill pks, faction and pvm. I do everything on this shard except crafting (and stealing because i don't have any free char slots)

smile it's me

Grandmaster
lets' do that if you have explo pot in backpack, they throws themselves automatically on the nearest enemy target.
So it's even.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I dont get the issue here with PVP.... find yourself getting killed everytime you try to PVP? Try joining a guild that will teach you the basics of PVP and allow you to PVP as a group where your lack of individual skill will be overcome by the power of working with others.

Dont want to join a guild because you're an anti-social weirdo but still want to PVP? Solo as a dexxer... its EZ mode.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
As for purple pots -- I see way more scribes/heal mages than I do alchy mages, because in group fights, alchy mages arent that good at all.

In fact, in a group setting, purple pots factor very little into the outcome of a fight.

lollo

Grandmaster
As for purple pots -- I see way more scribes/heal mages than I do alchy mages, because in group fights, alchy mages arent that good at all.

In fact, in a group setting, purple pots factor very little into the outcome of a fight.

It has been explained to the OP multiple times, but you cannot explain to someone who doesn't want to listen

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Well you could ask that to the countless people that open threads asking for no pks, trammel dungeons etc etc.

You don't have to ask me, i love to pk, kill pks, faction and pvm. I do everything on this shard except crafting (and stealing because i don't have any free char slots)

Fair enough.

Winstonian

Grandmaster

Purple pots aren't thrown in group PvP?

lollo

Grandmaster
Purple pots aren't thrown in group PvP?

Only when people run away after some of their teammates have been dropped.

if you get stunned and 3 people are synching explo ebolt on you pots aren't gonna do shit. Maybe as a followup, but again, for GROUP PVP inscription (or healing) are much better choices

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I dont get the issue here with PVP.... find yourself getting killed everytime you try to PVP? Try joining a guild that will teach you the basics of PVP and allow you to PVP as a group where your lack of individual skill will be overcome by the power of working with others.

Dont want to join a guild because you're an anti-social weirdo but still want to PVP? Solo as a dexxer... its EZ mode.
It's interesting...

You have 'leet PvPers' telling others to adapt to this PvP, while also complaining about other aspects of this PvP. Person 1 throws purple pots. Person 1 likes purple pots. Person 2 does not... it's not the way UO PvP was in UOR, and not what he enjoys. Person 2 is at a clear disadvantage. Person 1 tells him that PvP is fine and to shut his mouth and adapt.

Person 3 has a stun tamer. Person 1 doesn't use a stun tamer. Person 3 kills Person 1 repeatedly. Instead of adapting, Person 1 thinks stun tamers are cheap and should be needed.

It's how this is, and it's bullshit.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Only when people run away after some of their teammates have been dropped.

if you get stunned and 3 people are synching explo ebolt on you pots aren't gonna do shit. Maybe as a followup, but again, for GROUP PVP inscription (or healing) are much better choices
... so they are thrown in group PvP.

Of course Alchemy is wasted in group PvP... it isn't needed to throw purple pots. If it was needed, it would have its place.

lollo

Grandmaster
It's interesting...

You have 'leet PvPers' telling others to adapt to this PvP, while also complaining about other aspects of this PvP. Person 1 throws purple pots. Person 1 likes purple pots. Person 2 does not... it's not the way UO PvP was in UOR, and not what he enjoys. Person 2 is at a clear disadvantage. Person 1 tells him that PvP is fine and to shut his mouth and adapt.

Person 3 has a stun tamer. Person 1 doesn't use a stun tamer. Person 3 kills Person 1 repeatedly. Instead of adapting, Person 1 thinks stun tamers are cheap and should be needed.

Stop comparing PVP now with PVP in year 2000-2001. God damn 90% of people were playing on 56k or ISDN, a lucky few had T1 and were running 2x the speed, only a handful of players had 7x gm characters (the actually competitive pvpers, the average joe did not have GM resist), almost no one was using voice comm, UO assist had 1/10th of the functions it has now.

It's totally different in 2016, you can't pretend to have people play like in 1999 god damn it. Build a fucking time machine if that's what you want.

Nowadays this is pvp, and it has been like this since fucking UO Defiance (DFI) which was what, 2003? Purple pots have been a thing for the past 10+ years, i'm sorry you didn't adapt and i'm sorry the "1998 ultima online free servers" have a population of 7 to 10 active players.

toddyboi

Master
This bloke obviously hasn't got much experience in free shard pvp. Thank you for your suggestions (even if they are dumb). Now can we stop arguing over this please?

lollo

Grandmaster
If they don't add mount fatigue/bolas/wands then purple potions are necessary to stop runners. That's how it is. It's too easy to survive in this game if you don't want to die.

I can build a character with GM wrestle, anatomy and healing (no resist, you chose the other 4 skills, i can pick cooking, taste id, forensic and some other shit) and i bet you will NOT be able to kill me without purple pots. I can just run forever until my bandaids and pots run out (which can take 1 hour)

Wanna try that and see how funny it is?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Stop comparing PVP now with PVP in year 2000-2001. God damn 90% of people were playing on 56k or ISDN, a lucky few had T1 and were running 2x the speed, only a handful of players had 7x gm characters (the actually competitive pvpers, the average joe did not have GM resist), almost no one was using voice comm, UO assist had 1/10th of the functions it has now.

It's totally different in 2016, you can't pretend to have people play like in 1999 god damn it. Build a fucking time machine if that's what you want.

Nowadays this is pvp, and it has been like this since fucking UO Defiance (DFI) which was what, 2003? Purple pots have been a thing for the past 10+ years, i'm sorry you didn't adapt and i'm sorry the "1998 ultima online free servers" have a population of 7 to 10 active players.
In other words, this is accurate:

You have 'leet PvPers' telling others to adapt to this PvP, while also complaining about other aspects of this PvP.

Person 1 throws purple pots. Person 1 likes purple pots. Person 2 does not... it's not the way UO PvP was in UOR, and not what he enjoys. Person 2 is at a clear disadvantage. Person 1 tells him that PvP is fine and to shut his mouth and adapt.

Person 3 has a stun tamer. Person 1 doesn't use a stun tamer. Person 3 kills Person 1 repeatedly. Instead of adapting, Person 1 thinks stun tamers are cheap and should be nerfed.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
This bloke obviously hasn't got much experience in free shard pvp. Thank you for your suggestions (even if they are dumb). Now can we stop arguing over this please?
Who the fuck is forcing you to click this thread, read and respond? Jesus, people can be really dumb. If you don't want to be in this, click the back button and move on with your day.

Obvious shit is obvious.

lollo

Grandmaster
In other words, this is accurate:

You have 'leet PvPers' telling others to adapt to this PvP, while also complaining about other aspects of this PvP.

Person 1 throws purple pots. Person 1 likes purple pots. Person 2 does not... it's not the way UO PvP was in UOR, and not what he enjoys. Person 2 is at a clear disadvantage. Person 1 tells him that PvP is fine and to shut his mouth and adapt.

Person 3 has a stun tamer. Person 1 doesn't use a stun tamer. Person 3 kills Person 1 repeatedly. Instead of adapting, Person 1 thinks stun tamers are cheap and should be nerfed.

8x stun tamers have only been a thing on This server For 1 year. No one is complaining about stun tamers, @K A Z complained about UOF system that allowed you to control a nightmare 100% with 120 taming and 20 lore (with 5x mage, 80 anat, 120 taming and 20 Lore You effectively had a 8x character)

Purple pots use has been a staple of free shard UO pvp since 2003 (DFI, uoforever, here)

Can't You see the difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.