The unfair treatment thieves get around here is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheapsuit

Master
I'm a lil confused personally.... I hear people saying in the pvp forums that it's ok to have everything automated and the excuse they give is "the game has evolved since 1997". So it's ok to have a macro that will disarm your weapon for you and drink your pot, then re-arm your weapon. A feature that is disabled in game I might add.

It's ok to have a one button macro that will target two mobs for you then provoke them for you etc etc.
It's ok to have a script mine for you, place the ore in the pack, and even recall to your house to empty you and your mutt's pack, then recall back to the spot to get more.

You people call this evolving? but when a thief gets a script, then everyone wants to scream foul, do it the old way, blah blah blah. Well my question is if a thief must steal the old way, then why don't everyone else run around here clicking and pulling bars and targeting "the old way"? Why is it ok for everyone else to "evolve" but not the thief?

I mean I totally get it and I personally steal "the old way" simply because it's what I'm used to, not because it's the fair way to steal. I do get it but I also see the prejudices also. WHY?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I don't know how to script I'm just saying thieves wanna evolve too.

the thief scripts was so advanced i once watched a friend steal all 3 scrolls from 1 champ w/o pressing a key. this got a little much people started to cry and they added the dismount chance when u steal scrolls.

So you can use any script you like tbh its not ilegal

Jongi09

Master
I haven't heard anyone moaning about scripting thieves? I have a thief my self and I think the class is well balanced. We have absolutely no risk of losing anything apart from whatever it is you have successfully stolen. I tend to dungeon steal if play my thief, but I see loads regularly sitting at banks and the crsfting area with no risk.

I'm suprised something hasn't been brought in to make thieves who constantly attempt, get seen and guard whacked more vulnerable. There's nothing anyone can do actively against a thief in a guard area. I had a game of try move the slayer with a thief the other day. I knew he was there, I knew he was checking my weapons. I was reacting and moving the weapon as I made it into a trapped box. I got 5 away before the theif eventually got one. No doubt it was a repond. But I couldn't do anything to stop him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

drasked

Grandmaster
I don't know how to script I'm just saying thieves wanna evolve too.

Thieves have some of the most advanced scripts around (UOSteam) that are kind of lame, just 1 button press and it will automatically steal relics and powerscrolls.

BUT... i would argue that on steam or razor it's impossible to steal from someone that has some idea of what they are doing without scripts. (people keeping 5 layers of bags and putting tons of shit on top of the bags to hide it, no way you are stealing from this manually)

That's why i prefer thieving on Sallos. It's manual, you just have the advantage of backpacks staying open as long as someone is onscreen.

Cheapsuit

Master
I haven't heard anyone moaning about scripting thieves? I have a thief my self and I think the class is well balanced. We have absolutely no risk of losing anything apart from whatever it is you have successfully stolen. I tend to dungeon steal if play my thief, but I see loads regularly sitting at banks and the crsfting area with no risk.

I'm suprised something hasn't been brought in to make thieves who constantly attempt, get seen and guard whacked more vulnerable. There's nothing anyone can do actively against a thief in a guard area. I had a game of try move the slayer with a thief the other day. I knew he was there, I knew he was checking my weapons. I was reacting and moving the weapon as I made it into a trapped box. I got 5 away before the theif eventually got one. No doubt it was a repond. But I couldn't do anything to stop him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

And if you ran into some murderers you wouldn't be able to do a thing to stop them either. It's just that the cries were so loud on thieves that it caused them to receive nerfs and the reason is unfair. Every other template wants to simplify their game but wants to moan if a thief does the same.

Cheapsuit

Master
Thieves have some of the most advanced scripts around (UOSteam) that are kind of lame, just 1 button press and it will automatically steal relics and powerscrolls.

BUT... i would argue that on steam or razor it's impossible to steal from someone that has some idea of what they are doing without scripts. (people keeping 5 layers of bags and putting tons of shit on top of the bags to hide it, no way you are stealing from this manually)

That's why i prefer thieving on Sallos. It's manual, you just have the advantage of backpacks staying open as long as someone is onscreen.
There's a one button macro to tame a pet, follow that pet until you successfully tame it, then rename it and release it and go after the next tame and repeat. This one button goes non stop until every pet in the area has been tamed. Same concept so why not make tamers dismount on a successful tame? Why should a thief have to dismount because he used his skill and FINALLY stole something of value? I want all third party programs and scripts stopped because I'm still a clicker and bar puller. This will put me on an even playing field but we both know that's not gonna happen.

Cheapsuit

Master
I'm not saying script stealing isn't ridiculous, I'm simply saying ALL scripting UO is ridiculous and if you're gonna allow it then allow it for all types of gameplay and not punish one particular style of playing for be scriptable (thief nerfs).

SomeGuy

Adept
There's a one button macro to tame a pet, follow that pet until you successfully tame it, then rename it and release it and go after the next tame and repeat. This one button goes non stop until every pet in the area has been tamed. Same concept so why not make tamers dismount on a successful tame? Why should a thief have to dismount because he used his skill and FINALLY stole something of value? I want all third party programs and scripts stopped because I'm still a clicker and bar puller. This will put me on an even playing field but we both know that's not gonna happen.

you have to adapt to change or you'll get left behind. i dont like the perfect pot macros or synced ebolt turrets but we both know its not going anywhere.

Cack

Grandmaster
Throughout uo history thieves have been hated because we don't "earn" the item. This is why ppl don't get pissed too much when they're pked and the red takes ALL their stuff as opposed to an item or two a thief steals.
I totally agree with the hypocrisy though. But unfortunately very few of the scripts are going to be blocked or w/e

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
the thief scripts was so advanced i once watched a friend steal all 3 scrolls from 1 champ w/o pressing a key. this got a little much people started to cry and they added the dismount chance when u steal scrolls.

I hate the repercussions that came from it, but that script and the results it got were fucking hilarious

drasked

Grandmaster

That's comparing skilling up to PVP. And let's be honest, tamers can use all the help they can get considering its one of the few skills you are not allowed to macro overnight and takes ages to get GM.

My 5x mage with snoop and steal is my most played character and i have yet to run in to something that made me feel thieves are being shafted.

I get the even playing field part, but that's on you if you don't want to upgrade. You might want to try out Sallos if you like to manually steal and also enjoy a more modern graphical experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephid

Master
Well i still play "the old way" on whatever I am playing. Thief, PvM, PvP.... Why? Because that's the UO i remember and love and that is how UO was meant to be IMHO. To me all the scripts and shit are just a form of cheating....

They didn't allow any of this shit on the real servers back in the day and for good reason in my opinion...

sampsonized

Master
I was just talking to a theif last night that boasts a dragon egg and a 120 taming scroll in his scores. Thieves have nothing to lose and everything to gain the last thing they need is a boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok to have a script mine for you, place the ore in the pack, and even recall to your house to empty you and your mutt's pack, then recall back to the spot to get more.

I doubt it. I get checked on like 3 times a day sometimes when I am mining. I just use the 'use last' macro inside the options tab and do everything else manually. I think it keeps me alive more and if I used a script that guy with the llama would throw me in jail. Oh, it also keeps me awake while I am mining. xD

Hydro

Grandmaster

you should see my thief script then rofl

Thrifty McBeg

Apprentice
I was just talking to a theif last night that boasts a dragon egg and a 120 taming scroll in his scores. Thieves have nothing to lose and everything to gain the last thing they need is a boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Thieves have nothing to lose." I really hate when people say this. I once spent 2 1/2 hours watching some guy fill BODS only to get GW'ed on the steal.

There are really two types of thieves IMO.

People like me who take their time and look for the high end items, jump gates, and camp inside people houses for hours looking for the big scores.

And then there are people who die 40 times at WBB trying to steal regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.