The unfair treatment thieves get around here is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I disagree with this. Preventing theft is so easy that the only counter that gives some chance is scripts.

If you steal fully manual (no sallos) then you are simply not stealing high profile shit.

I get the whole RP thief thing, but i play a thief to make money for pvp stock.

Script stealing should not be on the server in the first place, if anything, it is the number one thing that pushes for harsher nerfs towards the thief. I steal fully manual and have had success amongst all types of goods stolen, ranging from low end right the way through to high end, it all depends on what skill level you are at. Script stealing removes the need for skill, however, I also understand that not everyone plays a thief as their main character.

I prefer the classic way, you prefer the new way, the answer to this ongoing debate will be made apparent if there was ever a fix to script related stealing. Stubborn? I wouldn't be the thief I am today if I was passive. ;)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
all a thief needs to do is hit 1 button and it will steal a PS/relic and recall right away so there is no counter.... thats probably why thieves get nerfed.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
all a thief needs to do is hit 1 button and it will steal a PS/relic and recall right away so there is no counter.... thats probably why thieves get nerfed.

There is no probably about it, I still consider it full on cheating to be honest but that is just my very humble opinion. Very honest coming from a thief, right?

drasked

Grandmaster
Script stealing should not be on the server in the first place, if anything, it is the number one thing that pushes for harsher nerfs towards the thief. I steal fully manual and have had success amongst all types of goods stolen, ranging from low end right the way through to high end, it all depends on what skill level you are at. Script stealing removes the need for skill, however, I also understand that not everyone plays a thief as their main character.

I prefer the classic way, you prefer the new way, the answer to this ongoing debate will be made apparent if there was ever a fix to script related stealing. Stubborn? I wouldn't be the thief I am today if I was passive. ;)

It's almost impossible to steal from someone who knows how to counter it even with scripts.

I really doubt you are very successful stealing PS and RDA items doing it manually.

It comes down to a race between you stealing the actual item and the guy simply picking it up from his backpack. Really a no contest thing if the guy is half awake.

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually the original reason thieves got nerfed towards PSs didn't even need for them to hit a button. In fact, the GM staff caught serveral folks afk stealing ps's.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It's almost impossible to steal from someone who knows how to counters it even with scripts.

I really doubt you are very successful stealing PS and RDA items doing it manually.

It comes down to a race between you stealing the actual item and the guy simply picking it up from his backpack. Really a no contest thing if the guy is half awake.

So you justify a very blatant cheat script because of the fact you can not compete? This is the type of attitude that will inevitably destroy the thief on here man. I understand fully where you are coming from and the problem is not with me or you, the problem is with UOSteam and to an extent, sallos. I know, it is allowed on here, I know a lot of thieves use it, I also know that it pretty much strips the thief of any credibility on here.

I have played this class for a long time, I just hate to see it any more controversial than it was/is already.

Actually the original reason thieves got nerfed towards PSs didn't even need for them to hit a button. In fact, the GM staff caught serveral folks afk stealing ps's.

Do you still use your thief?

Last edited by a moderator:

drasked

Grandmaster
So you justify a very blatant cheat script because of the fact you can not compete? This is the type of attitude that will inevitably destroy the thief on here man. I understand fully where you are coming from and the problem is not with me or you, the problem is with UOSteam and to an extent, sallos. I know, it is allowed on here, I know a lot of thieves use it, I also know that it pretty much strips the thief of any credibility on here.

I have played this class for a long time, I just hate to see it any more controversial than it was/is already.

It's not about competing with other thieves. It's about the fact that it's impossible to steal from someone who knows 1 sentence of information.

Yes the scripting on UOSteam is ******** and as long as it's allowed i will gladly use it without shame. Just as i use all other aspect of these "assistant" programs like you probably do. I just don't understand why you would draw a line somewhere half way?

Not sure what Sallos has to do with this? Only benefit from it is that backpacks stay open once you move, the rest is manual. If the guy goes offscreen the backpack closes.

Thinking the actual steal part of thieving takes skill is misguided. Sure the whole where to be and "staking out" process take skill. But the act of snooping, settings a last target and executing steal + last target takes very little skill.

Messremb

Grandmaster
It's almost impossible to steal from someone who knows how to counter it even with scripts.

You are wrong and your script is bad if they can pick it up before your script steals it.

Script stealing happens 1000 times faster than human reaction time. All you will see is the item flash in your bag and be gone. If you aren't looking for it, you won't even know something was stolen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Thinking the actual steal part of thieving takes skill is misguided. Sure the whole where to be and "staking out" process take skill. But the act of snooping, settings a last target and executing steal + last target takes very little skill.

You should try it sometime, the old way, and then get back to me.. As for your scripts, go ahead, obviously no one will stop you but certainly, you will be judged for it. Cheat scripts will also be just that, cheating, if you are okay with that, then high five bro, I am pleased for you..

Deadpool

Grandmaster
You are wrong and your script is bad if they can pick it up before your script steals it.

Script stealing happens 1000 times faster than human reaction time. All you will see is the item flash in your bag and be gone. If you aren't looking for it, you won't even know something was stolen.

All I think about when you post is how much I miss @wreckognize because of your sig.

drasked

Grandmaster
You should try it sometime, the old way, and then get back to me.. As for your scripts, go ahead, obviously no one will stop you but certainly, you will be judged for it. Cheat scripts will also be just that, cheating, if you are okay with that, then high five bro, I am pleased for you..

I did, the other day in destard when i was clowning on you and some others. "quick, give me some mandrake" Shortly after you invited me to join your guild.

This is exactly what I'm saying. The script at least gives you some chance to steal.

But combine this with not standing still and/or invising yourself right before the champ drops and you make it very hard to steal from with a script, let alone manually.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I did, the other day in destard when i was clowning on you and some others. "quick, give me some mandrake" Shortly after you invited me to join your guild.

This is exactly what I'm saying. The script at least gives you some chance to steal.

But combine this with not standing still and/or invising yourself right before the champ drops and you make it very hard to steal from with a script, let alone manually.
That's the point though, thieves are supposed to prey on the lazy, I'll prepared, or foolish, not anyone anywhere ever.

Stealing on this shard takes no skill and even the most careful players are easily caught. (Movement doesn't mean shit when you can run along side them and your script will still steal from them, and hiding/ invisible are no match for detect and reveal.)

Imo stealing as a whole needs a huge overhaul. It's just too easy right now to show up at any champ and leave with a ps, or relic. With 0 risk.

But is also stupid that there is a safe zone, and that you can insta hide after stealing, and insta stealth, and npcs see through walls... the list goes on, but you get the point. It's currently balanced in that both points of view have some level of op on their side.

drasked

Grandmaster
even the most careful players are easily caught. (Movement doesn't mean shit when you can run along side them and your script will still steal from them, and hiding/ invisible are no match for detect and reveal.)

The above seems like a very big overstatement. You play with 5 ping?

I bet there are plenty of pro champers that have never got a PS stolen from them in the past year.

Messremb

Grandmaster
The above seems like a very big overstatement. You play with 5 ping?

I bet there are plenty of pro champers that have never got a PS stolen from them in the past year.
I don't play a thief here any more, and haven't for a long time. but i have helped my thief friends get scores at champs and RDAs, and its unbelievably easy, i don't even go grey for revealing their targets ;) you just need to be a little inventive\ have help.

on a side note, i have not lost a PS to a thief that wasn't my friend\guild mate in about 2 years. but i use several tricks to avoid getting them stolen.

Dupster

Apprentice
Hmm I've only started thieving recently (few months straight) and have been using Sallos (havent even looked at steam), I've made a lot from scrolls and so forth literally at MotM hot zones....

In saying that I've come across well prepared players too with weighted lock boxes and so forth...

I kind of compare this to someone complaining about pvp spell and pot macro cycles, its like asking someone to go back to clicking icons of spells and manual targeting so forth, whats the difference really here?

Thieving is fine as it is (kinda blown away its up to 3 pages of replies), I played thief for 10 years so I can tell you right now its hardly overpowered on a GM skill capped server.

Status
Not open for further replies.