Thieves of Britain - rp guild

Calling all thieves to unite and to bring back the "Honor Amongst Thieves". It's not always easy to live the honest life and also the life of a murderer, but we need ways to feed ourselves and family.

Items that are stolen can be purchased backed at the Thieves Guild House (location will be announced once vendors are up).

We are scoundrels, we are criminal, and we are thieves. If you wish to join, you can find me mostly around banks.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I wish you all the best with this, just a pity that you did not add a little more role-playing element within your post.

I wish you all the best with this, just a pity that you did not add a little more role-playing element within your post.

I appreciate it. Currently I do not know the thieves situation on server but I consider myself a semi-role player. I'll create an origin if this takes off.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I wanted to make a thieves guild for the longest time.

If you get this going give me a shout, I have some ideas for rp style thief missions that I think could be pretty fun.

drinn

Grandmaster
I ran a 25-man thieves guild 10 years ago in classic UO POL shard. We mainly stole stuff from player houses. Got in by sneaking and as there were limits to lock and secure stuff. :D Best part was that once we got stuff stolen we put a book there inside an empty house telling that who and which guild stole your stuff.

So I can get my thief to join in. :) More fun together.

PvP prizes etc I was able to steal from player houses:

ryostetyt_pvppalkinnot.jpg

Random stuff from random player's house. Was pretty much like IDOCing today.

mary_lilberry_stower.jpg

How you got in: You waited in front of door in stealth as long as someone came to open you a door.

bedelacy_house.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a 25-man thieves guild 10 years ago in classic UO POL shard. We mainly stole stuff from player houses. Got in by sneaking and as there were limits to lock and secure stuff. :D Best part was that once we got stuff stolen we put a book there inside an empty house telling that who and which guild stole your stuff.

So I can get my thief to join in. :) More fun together.

PvP prizes etc I was able to steal from player houses:

ryostetyt_pvppalkinnot.jpg

Random stuff from random player's house. Was pretty much like IDOCing today.

mary_lilberry_stower.jpg

How you got in: You waited in front of door in stealth as long as someone came to open you a door.

bedelacy_house.jpg
A thief takes when he/she can. Not always in a city. That is excellent work. Look forward to working with you.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
A thief takes when he/she can. Not always in a city. That is excellent work. Look forward to working with you.

To be a successful thief, one requires to think beyond stealing and cater their personality to a much broader range of activities. A common misconception that thieves and marks alike have, would be that the class is powered for the soul reason of pushing a button and stealing an item. This rings true, but stealing for the sake of stealing negates a more purified gaming experience and inevitably the thief will become labelled derogatively, along with the vast majority of other thieves past and present.

This is where role-playing plays a vital part for the thief. A victory I believe for a thief is being able to steal something off someone, without attracting or experiencing a seething rage from your victim, there really is something quite special about having a chat with the mark you have just stolen from who then explains that it will be their goal to transform your living avatar into a dead avatar without an influx of words such as noob, scrub and sentences like "Your mother gave birth to you in a public toilet" . The same applies to the thief when he/she kicks the bucket *dies*, to experience a thief who commits fully into losing their mind over getting killed or guard-wacked is quite disappointing, The thief creates situations which can be incredibly frustrating but this does not give them the right to unleash verbal hell upon their murderer, suck it up, get resurrected and move on.

To be a successful thief, one requires to think beyond stealing and cater their personality to a much broader range of activities. A common misconception that thieves and marks alike have, would be that the class is powered for the soul reason of pushing a button and stealing an item. This rings true, but stealing for the sake of stealing negates a more purified gaming experience and inevitably the thief will become labelled derogatively, along with the vast majority of other thieves past and present.

This is where role-playing plays a vital part for the thief. A victory I believe for a thief is being able to steal something off someone, without attracting or experiencing a seething rage from your victim, there really is something quite special about having a chat with the mark you have just stolen from who then explains that it will be their goal to transform your living avatar into a dead avatar without an influx of words such as noob, scrub and sentences like "Your mother gave birth to you in a public toilet" . The same applies to the thief when he/she kicks the bucket *dies*, to experience a thief who commits fully into losing their mind over getting killed or guard-wacked is quite disappointing, The thief creates situations which can be incredibly frustrating but this does not give them the right to unleash verbal hell upon their murderer, suck it up, get resurrected and move on.

It will take a certain type of thief to walk in the shadows in Brittain. Those who chose to join the Thieves Guild of Britain must live and follow the rules govern by the shadows.

It is not in a thief's nature to engage is verbal conflict, but focus on the cause. And that is to make a living by being a criminal.

Those who join will have many dishonorable ways to survive day to day. Ways like stealing from the "have" and sell to the "have not", be paid for protection against said stealing, or even information. As we walk through the shadows, we tend to catch information from birdies all around.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It will take a certain type of thief to walk in the shadows in Brittain. Those who chose to join the Thieves Guild of Britain must live and follow the rules govern by the shadows.

It is not in a thief's nature to engage is verbal conflict, but focus on the cause. And that is to make a living by being a criminal.

Those who join will have many dishonorable ways to survive day to day. Ways like stealing from the "have" and sell to the "have not", be paid for protection against said stealing, or even information. As we walk through the shadows, we tend to catch information from birdies all around.

There are some birdies who are over-burdened with information ;)