Tinkers (Multiple gems attached to Jewelry)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Okay I am not usually into vanity, but this was something in an older publish of Ultima Online.

Tinkers at one point or another, could add stacks of gems into a piece of jewelry, IE A diamond necklace with 10000 diamonds. This could create a market for gems in general, perhaps driving the price of them up slightly between players and as we know, they can be blessed using a jewelry bless deed. Okay, it serves no purpose other than adding an additional item that could be sold between players and perhaps even reducing the amount of gold being pulled into the economy *not by much I might add* :).

svarni

Neophyte
So instead of selling my gems to the NPC vendor to create new gold I would sell them to players and move existing gold.

Maybe the jewelry should even add +1 armor per 1000 gems? I'd want +10 fire resistance for wearing 10.000 rubys. But wait, the original idea is great on it's own :)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So instead of selling my gems to the NPC vendor to create new gold I would sell them to players and move existing gold.

Maybe the jewelry should even add +1 armor per 1000 gems? I'd want +10 fire resistance for wearing 10.000 rubys. But wait, the original idea is great on it's own :)

Exactly this, there are plenty of gold sinks around but not something that actually prevents gold from being introduced into economy from farming. Of course, players will still sell their gems to npcs, but with a greater reward towards those who actually save up gems, who wouldn't hold onto them? Tinkerers rarely craft jewelry from what I see, this would be the perfect opportunity to give that area a nice, needed revamp. Perhaps even change the colors of the jewelry depending on how many gems are added per item, slightly glowing rings, earrings and necklaces would be a welcome addition even if they were hard to get *Adding 10000 gems or more*, damn you could even go prismatic.

Thanks for your feedback @svarni!