To Be Announced...

Maller

Adept
For a year and a half, I was a member of TBA. I was emissary the day I joined. I was emissary until I resigned today. TBA is nothing like the guild I joined. Very few of the people I started with there are still in TBA. The heart of TBA is broken and scattered across Sosaria. It is time for TBA to choose a name, not use a tag that is respected for the virtue of players that have been pushed out on the path to becoming an uber-guild.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
''The heart of TBA is broken'' lol </3

Believe me, people will say just about anything to make things worse when they get their recruiting privilages taken away. There was a time when I, too, was faced with this very same problem.

Me and another guy decided to form an alliance between our two guilds, and eventually merged both guilds into one giant guild, 1%. We both contributed to recruiting more people, and we had a fairly loose policy on allowing members to become emissaries and recruit as well.

The problem was, the other guy kept adding disreputable players, because he was a bit newer and didn't know who was legit and who wasn't. We ended up having a few green killings and mass bootings where emissaries were kicking everyone who was member or ronin out, which many of the players who were initially in my guild would not tolerate. Even some of the members who were initially in his guild were virtually begging me to take over leadership, when apparently their former leader had gone on a bender of various criminal activities IRL, including drug abuse, and no longer cared about taking the guild in any particular direction.

I should mention that this guild became GIANT in almost no time. Our guild chat was legendary in terms of information trade, helping new players, and good laughs. We had to be super careful, because of a rash of male/female pretenders around that time. Basically over half of the current active playerbase was in the guild, boasting over 500 members, larger than any other guild in the history of UOF, and at a time when players were only allowed to have 2 accounts max. As the other leader had basically been on trickle-down for some time, he had even resorted to recruiting straight out of brit Inn, brand new players and people with no reputation.

I didn't have really any problem with this, until of course it became largely apparent that we had gained some enemies. It basically came time to finally stop recruiting. I was asked to take over leadership and help the guild to blossom into a champ crushing zerg, able to at least defend itself from any would be PKs. Eventually I bartered with the other leader for full leadership. He had become increasingly paranoid about my intentions with the guild, as due to it having grown to insane proportions, I had resorted to even doing ''random bootings'' to try and make a point to him about our recruiting policy. Honestly though I think he assumed my intention was just to disband the sea of green, in the name of good game balance.

Finally I had become the leader of the guild. It took over 5 hours to demote every single member from emissary to ronin, in order to protect the roster from being damaged by any spies. At that point, there is really no way I could have re-added all those people if a spy already had emissary privilages, so in order to protect both DAMM and SS members, it was the only option. And yeah, it was about the biggest pain the the ass thing to do, sifting through members page by page, with only 8 members per page, each one needing to be demoted twice.. rofl.

Well anyways the former leader was already completely losing his mind at this point. He didn't really care that people were losing their emissary ranks at all. The truth is he really didn't want me to upshow him at running a large guild, which I'm really no stranger to. I had already heard about him telling lies about me behind my back to his buddies in the guild, claiming some of the most ridiculous stuff I'd ever heard of, like I stole some dyetubs from his members, which he actually had stolen. I basically called him out for being a snake, caring more about his own ambitions than the guild itself, and that was that. He convinced many of his former members to follow him to another new guild, Loyal, which fizzled within 2 weeks of being formed, and I removed everyone except the people who I knew were legit, and switched the alliance leader back to my former guild, SS.

TL;DR: people are jelly. Weather you're skilled or rich, or worse, both, people can be totally governed by their jealousies in online games so you've gotta watch your back. I even sold the Yew mall, and my brit house, just so people could stop being so jelly and have a turn behind the wheel, and in the end, the same guy who I sold the brit house to got jealous when I wouldn't also sell him my castle and tried to gate people into my CY. (Failing tragically and looking like an idiot, mind you. Watch out for wannabe pro's like @Salsa )

To the OP: The moral of the story is that, there are times when it's OK to have people be emissaries, and there's times when NOBODY should be above Ronin except the guildmaster, and for TBA, right now it's the latter, so that the GM can decide who joins and who doesn't, to avoid spies from getting into TBA and green killing, which may cause a collapse of the alliances. If the alliances get green killed by TBA members, they're gonna be pissy and possibly leave. Such a thing could cripple an already fragile guild.

To TBA: keep your heads up. You have just enough power as it is to take down RDAs before stinking werkt members show up, and that's exactly where you want to be. There is a trend of people in TBA who care more about themselves than they do about the guild itself, who are unable to see TBA's recent successes past their own selfish desires to recruit magical men into the guild. It makes no sense to me, but some people are going to follow the herd in these events no matter what. This trend will eventually run it's course and what is left will be a stronger, heartier core that will eventually turn the tides.

Halfgrin

Master
To TBA: keep your heads up. You have just enough power as it is to take down RDAs before stinking werkt members show up, and that's exactly where you want to be. There is a trend of people in TBA who care more about themselves than they do about the guild itself, who are unable to see TBA's recent successes past their own selfish desires to recruit magical men into the guild. It makes no sense to me, but some people are going to follow the herd in these events no matter what. This trend will eventually run it's course and what is left will be a stronger, heartier core that will eventually turn the tides.

indeed.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
For a year and a half, I was a member of TBA. I was emissary the day I joined. I was emissary until I resigned today. TBA is nothing like the guild I joined. Very few of the people I started with there are still in TBA. The heart of TBA is broken and scattered across Sosaria. It is time for TBA to choose a name, not use a tag that is respected for the virtue of players that have been pushed out on the path to becoming an uber-guild.

Now who am I gonna buy all my regs from????

Salsa

Grandmaster
@wreckognize still mad I gated half the shard into his castle. :(

Keep pretending you've been something here. Keep pretending that you have a legacy of anything other than ratting out players and getting given stuff by Pole.

Your name isn't brought up in any conversations with anybody. It never has.

P.S. Please stop PM'ing walls of text crying about stuff. I'm not interested.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
Those damn stinky WERKT members, always causing trouble. I think this whole thing is their fault.

BTW: I've always found the name trolltacular, "The announcement is a lie!". Am I missing some deeper meaning here?

Maller come to EQMS, I will put up your join fee ! ^^

wreckognize

Grandmaster
@wreckognize still mad I gated half the shard into his castle. :(

Keep pretending you've been something here. Keep pretending that you have a legacy of anything other than ratting out players and getting given stuff by Pole.

Your name isn't brought up in any conversations with anybody. It never has.

P.S. Please stop PM'ing walls of text crying about stuff. I'm not interested.

uv66fv7.png

wreckognize

Grandmaster
nobody got in though, you were only gating for 3 mins. And regardless, it's still fully private with safe recall. Nobody can get inside.

I know, it is the best castle on the shard, but it''s my castle, and I'll never sell it to you. Notice the giant 'Hanes' on the roof. Try to be a man about it.

Yaoj5qZ.png

kUS44nM.png