Tracking bug?

Casor

Adept
Sometimes when I use the Tracking skill and select "Players" it will tell me "You see no evidence of those in the area."

I have 50 tracking skill. And can be standing near to players and this will happen. Then the next time it seems to work fine and I get the gump with a bunch of different players to choose from. It seem like sometime, even though I select "Players" to track, that it is attempting to track something else.

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence. I'm using Razor btw and the latest client from the UOF launcher.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
+1
bugs me anyways :D

but no it's intended. The tracking skill has recently undergone changes, wherein the success rate is equal to the level of the skill in percentage (I think)

So technically if you had 99.9 skill in tracking you could still fail to track players that are standing right beside you.

Casor

Adept
I read about the range change, but didn't see anything about the skill failing completely. So the 5 tiles that 0 tracking skill is supposed to work at really won't work at all since at 0 skill, you have a 0% chance of successfully tracking?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I don't believe it's possible to ever have 0 tracking skill (because it gets a bonus from stats) but if my speculation is even correct then yes that's right.

Casor

Adept
Yes, you are right. At 0 Base Tracking skill, with my stats, I have 15.6 tracking. So, 15.6% chance to track. Pretty useless for trying to track. but, I guess it should be. Shouldn't just be getting free skills.