Trade Bug

Eisenhower

Neophyte
Hi,

today I started a trade ingame. The other one dropped a lockpick on me so that the trade window was opened. He added a 400k check and I dragged my taming SS into the window. Well, some seconds passed, the trade was aborted, and I did not have the scroll anymore and I did not have the 400k check as well. This trade was done 30 minutes ago at Moonglow bank. So I was totally scammed; for me it seems as if that guy exploited a bug since I did not accept the trade.

Dont know if its important, but it was little laggy during the trade.

Afterwards he gave me a 250k check; well great. This is not how the game is meant to be played. I hate this guy now.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
He probably cancelled the trade then stole the Taming SS from you. You should do all your deals at the Britain docks to avoid situations like this

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I will drop the item on my vendor. The person can then go buy it off my vendor. Don't have to worry about getting ganked on the way to the docks. :p

SidX

Grandmaster
Yes as others stated this is just a totally unfortunate theft by a thief. Just so it makes sense, a thief lures you into opening a trade window with a non-blessed item. They set the item to LastTarget from the trade window, close the trade window and then use a Stealing > LastTarget macro to snag it. The thief just got lucky that he wasn't guard whacked.

Sorry to hear, same exact thing happened to me once before.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Yes as others stated this is just a totally unfortunate theft by a thief. Just so it makes sense, a thief lures you into opening a trade window with a non-blessed item. They set the item to LastTarget from the trade window, close the trade window and then use a Stealing > LastTarget macro to snag it. The thief just got lucky that he wasn't guard whacked.

Sorry to hear, same exact thing happened to me once before.
You barley ever get guard whacked for stealing SS .. they are 1 stone so a GM theif should have no proble stealing undetected ..
This is working as intended, and unfortunate for the victum but consider it a lesson learned . Kudos to the Thief as he scored, very well done .