Training BS

Megabug

Journeyman
Where's the best place to train blacksmith? I know dungeon gains are higher but is there a place to do it? Or should I just go to the place in Brit and get more returns on the smelted items?

Dimok

Master
Depends. Do you still have young status, do you have hiding? Best gains will be in a dungeon. People go to Orc cave and grind bs at the forges there, but there are PK's very often, and Orc guild makes it a point to track your hidden character and pk you there. I read Khaldun has a forge but I've never checked it out myself.
Dungeons give 50% bonus to skill gain.
Brit crafting area gives 30% (i think, someone else can confirm) reduction in input material used, it also gives a chance to craft a slayer wep.
50 >30, but is it worth risking PK's is what you need to decide.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Im pretty sure I made short spears at the brit crafting area form 65ish until 96ish, probably used about 100k ingots, but each spear is like 2 ingots after smelt. And if you hide no thieves to bug you. Took me about a week at 2-3 hours a day.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Orc cave is best, just make some armor for the orcs and they will leave you alone, and may even protect you.

Also you can hop a gate hidden so you don't have to have hiding.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

fillyblunts

Novice
Orc cave. Get hiding (you can always remove it when your done). It took me around 20k ingots on one character and around 30k on another. Both well fed/watered, both in the same location, crafting the same items. So you will get some variation.

Lightfoot

Expert
I used this from guide about a year ago

I took 16k ings and 4 bs scrolls....Made shortspears till 96 and ate 4 scrolls. Did all in orc dungeon . I did it differently I brought 2500 ingots and hid next to forge and smelted them as I crafted. You could just bring like 1000, when you are resmelting it they go a long while. And less recalling means less trouble with pks/orcs. I didnt use a mask. I did it in about 4 hours. Ingots are about 10k per 1k...i got mine for 8 each so 16k x 8 per = 128k
4 blacksmith ss were 9k each and that makes a total of 36k
If i bought 30k that would be 16k more ingots so on average of 10 thats 160k, minus 40k max for the bs ss, so thats 120k extra you are paying and wasting a lot of extra time. So save yourself some time, and about 120k and do it the smart way. You need hiding if you plan to craft slayers. Blacksmith ss sell for 5-10k usually and they are easy to find. With that extra 120k you could get a 105 ps and 5 bs ss, and still have some left over to make enough slayers to make a good amount your $$$ back.

Expendable

Master
OK, i just GMed yesterday, after trying orc cave and brit crafters guild. DEF go to dungeon, wear orc mask, you WILL be killed by 4 or 5 special olympians who run around in orc masks yelling "shinies". But i can tell you even if you lose a couple K ingots to PK's your still better off than in the crafters guild. If you can avoid it NEVER buy bs scroll unless youre going from 110-120, the cost of a 1 point blacksmith scroll will always be more expensive than just buying ingots and doing it yourself.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
if you go orc cave, do yourself a favor and bring some jewels with you. if orks come and ask for "shinies" youre ready for it., i just brought 1k ingots at a time there and smelted everything i crafted. took about 7k iron to go from 65-gm +1 bs scroll for that last point. only needed to spend 24k on ingots (3k ingots total) bc of smelting. everything else i used, i got while GMing mining.