Training your meta-pet!

Grisbone

Expert
I'm now some way through level 3 with my little booger. Have people resumed (almost) normal farming once they hit level 4, i.e meta + WW?

Unfortunately i'm a long way from affording a meta stone at the moment, though hopefully funds will start rolling in again once farming resumes.

Strife

Master
I farm my usual spots using just the pet, but I have provocation so he doesn't get hurt. I use mare/pet for paragons

Bromista

Grandmaster
Stage 4 sucks, but yeah there's two ways to go about it:

A. Farm regularly after you've skilled up on at least SOME junk mobs, skills vary when you progress a stage. Bradleys stage 4 Flamestriked immediately as his started with over 80 Magery, my little charcoal swamp turd started with 72. Melee skills take a minute or two to max out also.

B. Farm junk spawn and just power through the whole stage until it's more practical to farm balrons/wyrms with young dragon stage, again probably after skilling up some on easier spawn, daemons and such. (Might I recommend Barracoons afk farming spot at wind daemons? He is apparently using this strategy to get all the way to mature dragon phase, LOL)

^This is the route I am taking (besides the afk part.) Swamp phase sucks, trying to get it over with ASAP.

Either way it's probably smart to farm at least 100k in junk spawn to skill up before taking on any "advanced" spawn no matter what your level.

steve-o

Grandmaster
if you see anyone afking the pets please report them immediately!
I dont know how you can exp it so fast... it took me 3 weeks with 3h per day to finish lvl 4 stage.... im at 740k...
at this exp rate it will take me 2 months to go to lvl 6... LOL

Bromista

Grandmaster
It doesn't do any good unless staff is present to see it. And he only afks for long enough to not get caught.

Here are his spots (he is afk farming right now):

Wind daemons
Wind dragon/drake spawn
Cave bears outside Covetous entrance (to the NW)

Go nuts folks. He's pretty occupied this morning recalling in to my house to try to kill me there (lol loser) to pay much attention to his tamer.

Hambeast

Adept
I know, right? Just found a Sweet spot last night I ain't telling nobody about. And I'm looking at tomorrow night to hit 5

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Hit level 5 a couple days ago as well. A lot better than 4 thats for sure! I can do 35-40k an hour if I farm my ass off

Strife

Master
Honestly, go at your own pace lol. If we were all racing for the first stage 7 then I would agree race away, but once you hit the last stage or even 6th, then what lol? Don't spoil the fun too quickly! Enjoy the grind.

Also, 30k an hour isn't bad, but it depends on what your doing. I am now in stage 5 600k into it. I farm for gold and any xp that comes with it is welcome. Other than that I don't bother "farming" for XP. It will burn me out and make me hate the game lol

Hambeast

Adept
I think the xp/hour goes up by your stage. I'm about 20k per hour at stage 4 just doing daemons... Pretty rough so far. 100k out from lvl 5 so I think I can hit it tonight

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I have Molten and Talon both at level 8. So far both do a damage directly related to there level.
Molten = level x 3 for aoe damage and level x 5 for direct damage target (so 8 x level on main target or single target every fire)
Talon = 10 ticks of level x 1 damage ie. level 8 = ten ticks of 8 or 80 damage.