Trammel but not trammel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice
Taming is a PvM thing, it was never intended for PvP.
You shouldn't benefit from any additional protection for any reason. Well actually you do, cause you have a dragon with you while a bard has what, a tamborine?
Please stop the crying now, you guys make millions in a matter of hours, can solo RDAs and whatnot, can recall JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE if you smell danger, there is no valid reason to keep arguing about this.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Taming is a PvM thing, it was never intended for PvP.
You shouldn't benefit from any additional protection for any reason. Well actually you do, cause you have a dragon with you while a bard has what, a tamborine?
Please stop the crying now, you guys make millions in a matter of hours, can solo RDAs and whatnot, can recall JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE if you smell danger, there is no valid reason to keep arguing about this.

BUT THE MILLIONS OF GOLD AND THE ENDLESS HOURS TRAINING UP

Bunnky

Grandmaster
The consistent UOF idea of tamers not being a pvp template is the reason metas don't work in pvp.

Metas are used for pvm, through pvm by leveling. Lol @ you guys that bought a meta thinking youd rape faces with them. It was stated in the original meta pet post that skills would be toned down for pvp, and would not make meta pets OP in pvp.

They are expensive now, but that was YOUR choice to buy it now. Metas being expensive has no hold on defensive reasons on why they should have crazy attack power during pvp. That's just stupid.

They take a long time to level in PVM, so they can be really good later, in PVM. Seems fine to me.

Belge

Grandmaster
Anyways, who cares if you can kill mobs fast... being a solo pvm tamer is so boring these days, you barly make enough gold and rarely see a taming ss... your lucky if you get a shitty staute, that you cant give you a new player, or skill scrolls that collect dust. I honestly have more enjoyment picking thru refuse piles... yes, picking through garbage is more fun than solo pvming...

K A Z

Grandmaster
Anyways, who cares if you can kill mobs fast... being a solo pvm tamer is so boring these days, you barly make enough gold and rarely see a taming ss... your lucky if you get a shitty staute, that you cant give you a new player, or skill scrolls that collect dust. I honestly have more enjoyment picking thru refuse piles... yes, picking through garbage is more fun than solo pvming...

thats why tamers shud be untouchable, DEFINITELY!!! so they dont get bored so quick.

wtf man.. w t f.

Belge

Grandmaster
If I want to pvp its easy, flag grey and walk to brit bank... boom wombat combat. If I want to go farm, I dont want shitty griefing pks camping all the spots... I dont go farm to pvp, its unbalanced as you all say. I prefer fighting people looking for a fight. However, a dragon that takes hundreds of hours and gold in game to train, i feel, should be able to defend my char better against such attacks... straight up, its a special dragon that requires work, it should be better... if not for PVP, but for PVM defense.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice

Correct me if I'm wrong but that post is just stating that you're bored playing UO, it has nothing to do with meta pets.

Belge

Grandmaster
Im saying its boring being a solo pvm tamer these days... everything is nerfed... not much excitement working for an hour or two, or make 60k and some parry and fencing skill scrolls.
Atleast, with these new meta pets, it would of been fun to try and take on some of the reds that bombard you, but with no advantage, ya, i guess ill just try to recall away.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Im saying its boring being a solo pvm tamer these days... everything is nerfed... not much excitement working for an hour or two, or make 60k and some parry and fencing skill scrolls.
Atleast, with these new meta pets, it would of been fun to try and take on some of the reds that bombard you, but with no advantage, ya, i guess ill just try to recall away.

lol, this must be one of the worst things I've ever read.

"hey, they nerfed our rare drops so ATLEAST we should be able to insta-kill some nerdy reds with our pokemonz nd send em straight into statloss keke"

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Omg look at this thread of crying trammies.

Hey trammies my tamer has NO PVP SKILLS. BUT I FUCKING OWN the rare reds that come around 1vs2 or 1vs 3 even. Want to know why? It's because I control 2 7xgm tanks that don't lag, don't have their spells disrupted, have 500 to 700 hp each, and cast fucking fireballs while casting spells. Want to know how all this happens at once???! It's not my elite pvp skills, it's not my super fast reflexes, it's one macro!!!! One macro you say? YES MY TRAMMIE FRIEND WITH DOWNS!!! One macro!!! ALL GUARD ME

ALL GUARD ME.

Christ I can't believe this.

Oh wait there's more. According to this thread you need metas with 140magery and 125 eval to survive now....lol. Go to my opening post, that rainbow hugging and kissing dungeon is where you belong.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice

Then it's a good thing that UO offers a gazillion alternatives to solo PvMing, don't you think?
Sticking to the same style and activity all day long will eventually get boring no matter what it is.
Create other chars, join a guild, turn off computer.
I mean seriously, this has nothing to do with meta pets.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

Are you saying you make 30k an hour as a PvM tamer? :eek:

Belge

Grandmaster
That is the problem... you don't make shit anymore being a pvm tamer.. I pvm to make gold.. not to pvp.

Since the gold drop nerf, and taming scrolls... you really don't make enough to justify it, plus there is 0 chance of finding anything interesting at all.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice
That is the problem... you don't make shit anymore being a pvm tamer.. I pvm to make gold.. not to pvp.

Since the gold drop nerf, and taming scrolls... you really don't make enough to justify it, plus there is 0 chance of finding anything interesting at all.

Then you should probably make a thread saying "Please increase gold drop and rares" 'cause again, this has absolutely nothing to do with meta pets.
And I'm not saying this to be rude to you but if you make 30K an hour with a decently trained meta pet you have to be one of the worst PvMers on this shard.

Jani

Grandmaster
the only time I see meta pets is when those "bullied PVMers" wall off Destard entrance and lure reds into their death-trap, evilhy noto-PKs with christina luv's red and griefs newbs around destard, dennoz defends his farming grounds at west brit bank or when somebody decides to farm an IDOC. There's no way these things should be any stronger than a normal Dragon in PVP. Pets are strong as is, and there are hardly ANY Pks around. I played a blue only yesterday and found a total of 3 reds. _3_. In a whole day.

PS: Noone forced you guys to train a meta pet. It's custom system, it was said from the start that things might have to be adjusted. Just wait how much people will cry once they've changed the lvl 7 from 3 to 4 petslots.
+1! Meta dragons shouldn't be some kind of PVP gods. Metas will be awesome for PVM purposes (RDA's, champs and such).

I also agree with Belge about PVM, gold drops and such. PVM is kind of boring atm.

Belge

Grandmaster
Well, maybe they should of made a real thread discussing meta-pets... before they react to the first thing Jenny jugs whines about. So far, its just me reacting against the nerf to meta-pets. Honestly, I don't even give a shit about meta-pets, i am more concerned about the drastic decline of the one game-style i really enjoyed on this shard (the only shard I've EVER pvmed) - Pvming.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice
Honestly, I don't even give a shit about meta-pets

But you spent hours and millions training it. Makes perfect sense.

Please, don't burry yourself, you had an advantage that was deemed OP and it got nerfed quickly, maddening you.

You sound like a reasonable person, just move on and focus on making PvM better with good suggestions for the staff (I agree that PvM can be boring these days and I'm not even a tamer).

Status
Not open for further replies.