Treasure Maps

Messremb

Grandmaster
Also a few other things.

Regarding digging for the maps. There are several ways to do it.

Click the map select the dig for map and target a location.(this is the best because you can do this mounted)
Click shovel select the map twice.(requires you to be on foot but is nice cause you don't have to target the exact location.)
Click shovel select the map and then target location. Worst way if you ask me.

just thought I would also share my process really fast. it may not be the best but it works well for me.

I use a beetle and several bags to do my chests.

once I get to the chest and dig it up(dual client with my tamer obviously) Tamer casts Invis on my T-hunter then deals with the Guardians.
then I pick the lock and Telekinesis the chest.
I proceed to unload all the stuff from the chest into a bag until I am about 20 points away from being overweight at which point I drop the bag on my beetle and open a new one. (killing MOBs as the spawn)
Once everything is removed I remove the chest and recall to my house.
In my house I have 3 chest right by each other and I have organizer agents set up to unload my bags. I hit one button and all the Regs and gems go in one chest, all magic armor in another, and all gold in a third. (Im considering adding a SS chest but it hasn't been an issue yet.
(Repeat the above till I'm done doing maps)
then I ID all the items and sort them (keeping only Invuln, power, or vanq items)
I use the same bags as earlier to create bags of vendor items I can carry, then I sell all the items.

I asked but Noone answered do u need taming for pack beetles?

To tame them you only need like 35 taming but to have one you don't need any taming.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Get a beetle makes it way easy. On a level 6 map I pull in about 15-20k worth of vendor items, I add the gems in with that as well. Gems usually end up being about 5k IMO and items 10-15k.
And I was getting about that also 8-12k vendor trash. But like I said it was taking me 15 minutes to sell it all. And is rather forfeit the 12k and do another map. As I'm really just farming for the big payout lucky maps. U know the ones. When u get a taming scroll and a perfect kryss on top.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Also a few other things.

Click the map select the dig for map and target a location.(this is the best because you can do this mounted)
Click shovel select the map twice.(requires you to be on foot but is nice cause you don't have to target the exact location.)

just thought I would also share my process really fast. it may not be the best but it works well for me.

once I get to the chest and dig it up(dual client with my tamer obviously) Tamer casts Invis on my T-hunter then deals with the Guardians.
I proceed to unload all the stuff from the chest into a bag until I am about 20 points away from being overweight at which point I drop the bag on my beetle and open a new one. (killing MOBs as the spawn)
In my house I have 3 chest right by each other and I have organizer agents set up to unload my bags. I hit one button and all the Regs and gems go in one chest, all magic armor in another, and all gold in a third. (Im considering adding a SS chest but it hasn't been an issue yet.
then I ID all the items and sort them (keeping only Invuln, power, or vanq items)
I use the same bags as earlier to create bags of vendor items I can carry, then I sell all the items.

To tame them you only need like 35 taming but to have one you don't need any taming.
Cool ill buy one then. I don't have any spare points for taming. I do it all with bards

Messremb

Grandmaster
And I was getting about that also 8-12k vendor trash. But like I said it was taking me 15 minutes to sell it all. And is rather forfeit the 12k and do another map. As I'm really just farming for the big payout lucky maps. U know the ones. When u get a taming scroll and a perfect kryss on top.

Ya if you're iding stuff at the chest I can see that. I take it all back to my house and ID it there so I might as well sell it for a bunch more cash.

Cinder

Master
There are a couple of maps that I have attempted to do over the past few weeks but they have empty chest sitting on the location. I just continue to recheck them every few days.. but chest remain undecayed. lol Off to the next one! Happy T mapping to you all! :)

Strife

Master
There are a couple of maps that I have attempted to do over the past few weeks but they have empty chest sitting on the location. I just continue to recheck them every few days.. but chest remain undecayed. lol Off to the next one! Happy T mapping to you all! :)
It is unfortunate, but MANY MANY people dont remove their chest when they are finished with the hunt. I have stumbled across many empty chests.

PSA - Please remove your damn empty chests lol

Strife

Master
Also a few other things.

So your idea is gravy and I cant believe I never thought of it before.

My question is, how do you set the "organizer" to unload everything? I hate draggin regs, gems and weapons one by one lol.

Messremb

Grandmaster

Get the removal wand from gold sink vendor. you can turn the chest into ingots if there are no items in it.

Messremb

Grandmaster
So your idea is gravy and I cant believe I never thought of it before.

My question is, how do you set the "organizer" to unload everything? I hate dragging regs, gems and weapons one by one lol.

Its actually 3 separate organizers in one macro and they take a while to set up. but as you said dragging stuff suck so even though it took me a few hours to set up the organizers they are so worth it.

basically starting out adding one of every item you get to your organizer for that type of item. every time you get more stuff use your organizer first, then add anything that didn't get moved to the appropriate organizer.

Eventually you will have everything in there and will never need to unload those items manually.

*note, this only works when unloading items from your pack thus the whole use of bags and monitoring your weight so you know you can hold them to use the organizers.

Also, all credit for this goes to my buddy Ultimate Sin.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
To further expand on what has been said here...this is how I do my tmaps:

Two accounts- One digger and one tamer. My digger rides a beetle and is capable of rezzing my tamer in case he takes a dirt nap which is a real possibility on high level maps, given how I do them...which follows.

I love going balls to the wall on treasure maps. My tamer has a restock macro setup with EVERY item in the game that might be in a treasure map. I say all guard, set a bag, and hit restock on the chest. Craziness is to come. I have provoke up and ready for when the horde comes. This is insanely fun! You'll probably die a couple times but its worth it to see 3 or 4 wyrms and balrons pop up just as if you've had another set of four guardians :)

On another note. Drop your chests when you are done.

Bapes

Adept
To further expand on what has been said here...this is how I do my tmaps:

Two accounts- One digger and one tamer. My digger rides a beetle and is capable of rezzing my tamer in case he takes a dirt nap which is a real possibility on high level maps, given how I do them...which follows.

I love going balls to the wall on treasure maps. My tamer has a restock macro setup with EVERY item in the game that might be in a treasure map. I say all guard, set a bag, and hit restock on the chest. Craziness is to come. I have provoke up and ready for when the horde comes. This is insanely fun! You'll probably die a couple times but its worth it to see 3 or 4 wyrms and balrons pop up just as if you've had another set of four guardians :)

On another note. Drop your chests when you are done.

haha, this is crazy...nice one.